November 2018 Moms
Options

High Risk Check-In Week of 3/13

I haven't seen a thread for high risk mamas yet! Anyone else know they are high risk right from the get-go? 

I'm type 2 diabetic, overweight, and my son was born prematurely at 29 weeks. I had an appointment with the nurse practitioner yesterday to discuss my current medications and which need to be discontinued immediately. She mentioned that I was "ultra" high risk =/  My first pregnancy was great until I went into labor... but my sugars were perfectly controlled and weight gain was what they wanted. Hoping for the same this time, but with a full term delivery. 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: High Risk Check-In Week of 3/13

• Options
    Hi! I’m type 1 (for 25 years!) I have three who I was induced with at 37.5 weeks, 35.5 weeks and 36.5 weeks. Each one had a more complicated birth story, but they’re healthy and happy now! I was MUCH younger with those pregnancies (I’m 36 now). I lost one around 8 weeks early last year, so my anxiety is pretty high risk right now. Working hard to keep my sugars in check right now as it’s one thing I can try and control in all this. 

Happy to to meet another high risk momma!
  • Options
    I have Factor V and MTHFR, both are blood clotting disorders that cause me to miscarry early on. I have one DD which I was induced with at 39 weeks cause they have to stop all my blood thinners 24 hours before I deliver. I will most likely have another planned induction with this one. My first appointment is next Wednesday to confirm viability. I’m on a whole crap load of meds including injectable blood thinners for the entire pregnancy. Nice to meet you ladies. Hoping for happy healthy pregnancies for us all.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nice to meet you all! I have a healthy 14 month old after a very chaotic pregnancy.  Low PAPP-A and placental issues as well as pre-e.  My doctor put the high-risk label on me again this time.  Its not fun, but at least we get to see the little one's more often for sonograms!  I wish you all luck with the upcoming journey!
  • Options
    I am a type 1 diabetic (coming up on 20 years) so I will be high risk for this pregnancy as I was for my first. The first time around I had things in pretty good control and was induced at 38+1. I’m a little worried this time around as I haven’t been in quite as tight control. Once I have my first ultrasound I’m hoping I’ll feel a little bit better!
  • Options
    so I don’t have anything wrong with me that really effects it but my babies all came really early so they label me high risk. They haven’t really been able to pin point exactly why it happens but nothing seems to stop it either. My first son was born at 34 weeks and my second was born at 32 weeks. I had opted to not do the shots my second pregnancy because we didn’t know if the first premature labor was a fluke. They still labeled high risk and started checking for dilation at 32 weeks which was when we discovered me dilating at a Thursday appointment and I went into labor that following Saturday. I am still torn if I want to try them this time around. We shall see how this pregnancy goes! Good luck to all of you!! 
    nws