August 2018 Moms

WTF Wednesday 3/14

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: WTF Wednesday 3/14

• ecwkecwk member
    What the fuckity fuck we didn’t lose power all day yesterday, despite all the snow and strong winds... but once everything had died down we lost it around midnight? And it’s still out. Wtfffff

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • WTF, Stephen Hawking died.  :'(
  • Loading the player...
  • @neeraja_k I had the same thoughts this morning. I had a very close family member pass away from ALS, so on top of his amazing intellect and wisdom, I always admired him so much for his perseverance all these years.
    Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• It's pie day right?  Where's the dang pie?  Someone bring me pie.
  • My WTF is to my neighbors. The people who own the house have a crappy aluminum picket-style fence. The renters living there now have 3 dogs, and they like to run along the fence with my two dogs. A couple weeks ago, one of the pickets came off their fence so there's a hole in their fence. So now, I have to keep a close eye on my dogs and bring them in as soon as the neighbor dogs come out. Earlier this week, my dogs were outside and started to bark and a whole section of the neighbors fence was down in our yard. Their dogs had somehow pushed it over. I got my dogs back inside, but now there's another picket missing and two holes in the fence. Apparently my German Shepherd can fit through the holes and he's decided he gets two yards now. I'm pissed because we paid a lot of money last year to have a really nice wooden fence built so I wouldn't have to go outside with the dogs every time. And now I have to go outside with the dogs every time.

TLDR My neighbors and their dogs suck
  • My WTF is to the people who brought food to the office. I work in a very large place. They wouldn't give the obviously pregnant woman a vegetarian burrito because I didn't have a vegetarian ticket......I'm currently crying at my desk because I'm hungry and wanted an effing burrito.  
  • I had to do a presentation this morning to my entire division about xyz. Two dickbags (lol! stealing this forever @jsnakehole!) wanted to ask alllll the questions and grill me about abc.

Not in the scope of my presentation and also I have nofuckingidea.

So WTF dickbags

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @livinthesunnylife YES, it's pi day!!! My students brought me cookies, cake balls, and brownies from their math classes because I mentioned that I was hungry :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wtf DS' flu. He's had this shit since Saturday and still running a fever. I am so over it. The vomit. The diarrhea. The snot everywhere. The coughing in my face. The almost having to get an IV multiple times because of dehydration. He hasn't eaten a meal since FRIDAY, yall. F this shit!!!! That's why I've been so quiet. I am so exhausted. Screw the flu! 
  • WTF high risk dick nugget doctor. Went for an ultrasound today and to meet him for the first time. I had missed a previous appointment because I slept through 4 alarms from being up for 24 hours before. My blood sugar numbers have been 135 and under 2 hours after meals and 90 to 100 fasting. I was told by the nutritionist that this is the range I am supposed to be in. He told me it is supposed to be 120 or less 2 hours after and my fasting should be below 80. He actually called the nutritionist in the room to ask her what she told me (6 weeks ago) and of course she agreed with him. Then he proceeded to belittle me about missing my appointment and that it was crucial to meet in the first trimester. Ok if it was so crucial then why was the earliest appointment available after that be 4 weeks out? He also told me I could no longer see the midwife that I chose and need to see a doctor at the practice. Also mind you the doctor he told me about kept me on 500u insulin and tujao which isn't rated for pregnancy. Sorry I don't trust her opinion on my diabetes management. The midwife is also in the same practice and has history with diabetics so I see nothing wrong with keeping her. 

So what should have been a happy day of seeing my baby turned into bawling my eyes out on the way home. At least I kept it together while he was doing my ultrasound. He didn't even explain anything he was looking at of tell me her heart rate. I am so upset with him and the way he handled the whole situation. Oh and he also told me if I don't get my blood sugars under control that I can kill my baby. Thanks jackass. It's not like I came in and they have been consistently in the 300's

Thanks for letting me vent.
  • @hoodwink89 good grief you need a new doctor!
  • @kburg15 I agree and am currently looking to see if there is another one in the practice. Otherwise I have to change everything and he is currently my only problem. 
  • @hoodwink89 so sorry you have to deal with this. Fingers crossed you’re able to find someone else and this appt was a blip in the road!
  • @hoodwink89 had a similar experience yesterday with a dick nugget at my ob practice calling me at work, giving me not great news, tw*** telling me I needed to start praying and schedule an amnio for this week without explaining why***  and she then proceeded to hang up on me. Luckily my regular ob and mfm straightened some it out today, but said dick nugget has already been reported to facility. She's the only NP, and frankly, young, and super flakey. 
  • @hoodwink89 allllll the hugs. I am so so sorry for your experience and not that it matters, but the original instructions you were given - fasting under 100 and less than 140 1 hour post meals is exactly what my doc has me on so the dick nugget can fuck right off. And I am so ragey for you, who says that to a pregnant woman?!? Let alone a doctor?!? I am so so sorry you had to go through that. 

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ecwkecwk member
    “Dick nugget” 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • nll0803 said:
    @hoodwink89 had a similar experience yesterday with a dick nugget at my ob practice calling me at work, giving me not great news, tw*** telling me I needed to start praying and schedule an amnio for this week without explaining why***  and she then proceeded to hang up on me. Luckily my regular ob and mfm straightened some it out today, but said dick nugget has already been reported to facility. She's the only NP, and frankly, young, and super flakey. 
    Omgosh. That’s horrible?!!! I’m so sorry. 
  • @hoodwink89 ugh, how frustrating that the nutritionist didn’t back you up, either.

@nll0803 WTactualF? I’d be livid. How could anyone in their right mind possibly think that’s appropriate?
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @hoodwink89 @nll0803 ugggh! How insensitive of those doctors, etc!! I've switched podiatrists over weird bedside manner comments, but they weren't even close to what you both experienced. It's one thing to be blunt, but it sounds like they overstepped that line a long time ago :(
  • @nll0803 Wow, she actually did that?! Who does that?! I hope she gets censured, because holy inappropriate.

@hoodwink89 Oh for heaven's sakes! I hope you can switch to another doctor, because that's unacceptable behaviour. And I certainly wouldn't tolerate his insistence on switching to another doctor who by your own account mismanaged your diabetic care previously in regards to your pregnancy. I'd be calling your midwife and having a "coming to Jesus" talk about the next steps, because a big HELL NO to all of whatever the hell he said or did today.

After my own "coming to Jesus" yesterday with my own MFM after the disastrous (to me) first couple of appointments, you don't have to settle for that shit and I'm seriously ragey for you right now. Like, let me at 'em!

FWIW, my MFM told me fasting less than 95 and 2hr post meal readings should be 120 or less. I'd feel a whole hell of a lot less restricted if I could do 140 or less. lol
  • Omg I can’t believe the asshole med profs?!!! Ditto @neeraja_k on the can me to Jesus. You don’t have to accept being spoken to likebthat. 

So so sad to hear of Stephen hawking today :( dr brazelton too. I remember watching his parenting show with my mom when i was little.

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Wtf cape cod salt and vinegar chips, and double chocolate Oreos. Why can’t I quit you

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Holy crap on the terrible doctors! I switched doctors after DS because my old OB was a total dick nugget too. *TW* I came in for my first appointment when I was somewhere around 6-8 weeks with DS because we had just had our 23 week loss and I was nervous as hell and needed to make sure there was actually a baby in there. He starts the ultrasound and immediately (and very brashly) goes "eh, doesn't look like it's going to be good news for you" then followed by "oh wait, there's a heartbeat." My uterus was pretty big for the gestation I was at, but that's probably because it hadn't fully gone back down since I was so far along at my loss, and this was only 3 months later. He was full of insensitive comments like that, so as soon as DS was born, I switched to the doctor who ended up actually delivering DS and he is freaking amazing. 
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker