June 2018 Moms
Options

Randomly Randoms {3/12}

Re: Randomly Randoms {3/12}

• Options
    @catlady1215 awesome news! You must be so relieved!

@MissKittyDanger I did a 3/ 4d at 24+6 and it was great! With that said, they do recommend best views between 26-38 wks as they are more filled out and less alien like. For me, they told me it would be best not to expect much after 33 weeks because I've got an anterior placenta and his face would be smushed into it so not to bother at that point. Just something to consider if you have an anterior placenta.  Overall it was really neat and we look at the pictures and daydream everyday because it gives you an idea of what they'll look like!
  • Options
    Y'all I did a little browsing at Old Navy and I only found one thing I kinda wanted. I feel like their selection is lacking. I guess I really didn't need anything. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @krashke ugh I love the color combo she chose. I was debating that one, but I worried that maybe the light colors wouldn't be as flattering. But the darker colors don't show my bump as much sooooo derp derp. 
  • Options
    @katelynrae86 my patient portal doesn't tell me jack shit about my weight. They also don't even tell me it or comment on it at all so IDK. It feels like they just have me stand on the scale for a bit and then roughly guess what it is instead of really trying to get the little... (uhh... IDK what they're called? the things you move back and forth?) things perfect.
  • Options
    It definitely is starting to feel more real now that all of us are getting further along. I'm super excited to hear everyone's stories too! Really hope none of y'all are creepers though :tongue:  I get nervous about the idea of posting public pics of DD online which is why I don't get why people would be all excited for a fb group so early. 

Made a Target trip today (spent less than $100 so that's a win LOL) and got a new bra because these knockers are getting ridiculous and also a comfy maternity tee. Felt really sad seeing how nice and big the new (regular) clothing section is there now and how tiny the maternity section was. I'm sure I could've found stuff that would've worked in the regular section but I wasn't really trying to shop for stuff that I didn't need so I was good haha. 
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • Options
    @catlady1215 good news!! Fx cross the final results just show false alarm!

I need to check out those threads. Kudos to you @2589 for finding them!

@doxiemoxie212 that dress is super cute.  I don't think I could pull it off though. 

I'm probably going to need more maternity pants/shorts in a few months...  feels dumb in case we're done with kids after this LO but eh... I could probably sell them.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @elsie42, @izza2, @krashke, @burlapandLace do you all lurk on the other BMBs? I love reading the birth stories! I can't help myself. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone else watch This Is Us tonight? Don’t worry no spoilers but I have so many questions. Also when it comes back we will all have new little ones! Crazy! 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @krashke I just finished it.  Questions galore!  Ahh that's true, I'll be planning my dvr schedule in a whole new way!
  • Options
    @catlady1215 awesome news! FX for the final result.

@aharv77 good luck at your meeting!
  • Options
    OMG. I just read that wheelchair story from April :worried:
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

-aah I need to check out this wheelchair story!  I never look at other months.  I'm legit afraid of something like that based on how quickly I had my first and that I want to stay at home for as long as possible. 

-on an unrelated note...I couldn't care less who delivers my baby (my doc didn't make it for the birth of my first).  DH doesn't really want to go to the hospital my doc goes to again...it is a very nice hospital, super ratings, great nicu, etc- but the postpartum rooms aren't as big/nice as another local hospital, they majorly messed up our billing last time around, and he drove ambulances in college and went there a lot and just gets the heebie jeebies being there.  The hospital that we would prefer is about an equal distance away, my friend is a L&D nurse there, rooms are awesome-sauce, etc...my doc just isn't in network there.  Again- I have no problem going there...except I feel like it will create chaos just showing up at go-time and I feel weird like I'm telling some major lie and then I would feel weird with my doc at my 6 week check-up, etc.  Does anyone have experience with going to a hospital that isn't "yours"?  Is it a big deal?  DH has said that if he is driving that is where we will end up, haha

• Options
    Ugh, I just read the April birth stories. The first one needs a more specific trigger warning. I didn't realize it was pre-term twins until I was too far in. I cannot deal with that isht right now.

I feel for the woman who delivered in the wheelchair. It sounds like no one was listening to her! Crazy how fast she dilated, though. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 omg I’m so sorry! I wish I would have thought to warn you about that when I mentioned the April thread!  :/

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @2589 Oh, girl - don't worry about it. Not your fault! I should probably be reading more stories like that to desensitize myself. Just carrying a lot of worry about nicu/early labor right now.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kmurdock925 A few thoughts - is Hospital No. 2 in your network? If not, it could cost more to deliver there.  Second, the last thing you want to do is deal with too much paperwork when you arrive.  I have to pre-register at my hospital so they can just get me to a room.  Can you do that?  Three, I have to fill out paperwork for my hospital (authorizing care and a health care proxy on the hospital's form), can you fill that paperwork out before hand?  Four, does hospital two have your records?  Like, strep b? blood type? etc?  

I'm between two hospitals (the one I delivered DS at, which has the best facilities) and a closer hospital.  My doctor only delivers at the first, but my practice delivers at both.  I ended up selecting the first as my hospital of choice, with the caveat that I'm going to hospital two if labor is progressing faster then expected.  I'm already registered at hospital two and they have all my records.

Ultimately, I don't think the second hospital would turn you away if you just showed up, but logistically, it would make it so much easier if you could get the paperwork done before hand, as well as provide a copy of your records.  
  • Options
    @krashke I vote watching luck of the Irish is a pretty banging way to spend the day. Love that movie! 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    Oh god.  That wheelchair story really makes me want a RCS than VBAC now.  I know its not the norm, but holy smokes.  

@LaceyBee522 Hugs <3 FX your babes just keep on cooking! 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @sunshineandwhiskey my mom and I were having a similar conversation this past weekend re: wanting a csection. There are many reasons I'd like to experience a vaginal birth, none of them being the baby actually coming out of my vagina, but all the moments after, etc. However, based on the fear, I told her I would not be mad at the idea of needing a c section either. Pros and cons to both, but that fear puts me way more on the fence than what is probably normal for most  :|
  • Options
    @amys614 yes exactly!  I feel the same way actually.  I would like to experience the lead up, and the after of a vaginal birth, but the fear is absolutely terrifying to me.  And (UO probably) I was NOT disappointed with DD that she was breech and I had to have a csection.  
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Busy morning. Making lunch now but I'm def going to have to head over and read this wheelchair story once I sit back down!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @krashke I'm so glad you mention that because I've been considering med free, but the one thing I kept worrying about was what if I needed stitches. I didn't even think about them giving me something topical to take the edge off