October 2018 Moms

Monday BF (3/12)

2»

Re: Monday BF (3/12)

• My boss just walked up and handed me papers from a new client and said "I couldn't file these in her folder because there are no holes in them." Granted, I usually pre-punch holes in all of the new paperwork, but this office is tiny...you literally cannot get more than three steps away from the two-hole punch. I just kind of stared at her incredulously (because pregnant=no filter) and she must have realized how ridiculous it sounded because she went and pulled the file and brought it to me and apologized.
  • @norahkate It would have taken everything in me to not respond with "The hole punch is over there."
  • Loading the player...
  • halfanewt said:
    Parent lets the kid come to school with mono. School lets the kid (with mono!!) stay at school because the kid “just doesn’t feel like going home”... 

Umm WTF??? Parents SUCK sometimes.

We have the worst nurse she won’t send a kid home without a fever, even if they throw up once. She never tells us about lice. When I told her I was pregnant and wanted to be notified of anything scary was going around, she was basically like oh you’ll be fine I worked in a hospital when I was pregnant.
  • Also, apparently the flu is going around at the school I work at again. I avoided the last strand, but I dunno if I can do it twice. With my luck I’ll be sick all of spring break.
  • @cdepperschmidt our nurse is the same way! Apparently it’s a district regulation. Sigh. At least they kept the kiddo home today. 

I hope you can avoid the flu - that doesn’t sound like fun :/ 
  • My SIL's pre-school for her son, won't let a child come to school for 24 hrs if they're running a fever, after they puked, and a bunch of other symptoms  like that. I thought, what a good idea! Not sure why all schools don't do that! My nephew has been home for the last couple weeks because of the influenza going around. First type A, then type B. So far our school hasn't  gotten it... Not sure how long that luck will last!  
    Hope you can stay well @cdepperschmidt  !
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • halfanewt said:
    Parent lets the kid come to school with mono. School lets the kid (with mono!!) stay at school because the kid “just doesn’t feel like going home”... 

Umm WTF??? Parents SUCK sometimes.

We have the worst nurse she won’t send a kid home without a fever, even if they throw up once. She never tells us about lice. When I told her I was pregnant and wanted to be notified of anything scary was going around, she was basically like oh you’ll be fine I worked in a hospital when I was pregnant.
    Honestly I only send kids home if they have fevers too. If they have headaches, they get an ice pack and back to class. If they tell me they have thrown up, they rest in my office for 15 minutes and If they haven't thrown up, they go back. If the kid wants to go home, they can call a parent but I generally won't send them unless they look extremely Ill. I tend to get a bunch of frequent flyers and all they ever want to do is go home. I also kid a bunch of kids who have told their parents they are sick and parents bring them to school anyway because they have no one to watch them

It generally is a district policy on what kids should be sent home etc. 
  • Our school has a 24-hour policy.  Students must be fever, vomit, diarrhea free for 24-hours.  Yes, it's annoying as a parent, but as a teacher, I am so grateful for this policy!  The majority of our parents follow it the way they should.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @momtobx2 I understand the policy and I’m not sure what ours is. But i see kids get sent back to class and then be really sick an hour later and end up getting sent home more often than I should. 
  • It's not monday anymore but man do I have a BF I need to get out! 
    I posted a rant about my SO annoying me (totally fixable problem through communication, which I did, and low and behold, problem fixed!) and someone of course, told me to leave him. I got a tad bit defensive because there's always one and it's so annoying how some women would rather run away from their problems rather than communicate and fix them. Basically said I wasn't leaving, and they shouldn't judge my entire situation based on a rant I posted during a hormonal rage fit. Then they all started literally attacking me over it. I'm so over women acting like they know everything based off of one detail. Like, no, I'm not going to leave my SO because last week he had too many friends over and I got annoyed and wanted to b**** about it. I don't know how some of these women hold relationships. I feel sorry for their men.
  • Still not Monday, but it's 8:15 and someone is taking a conference call on speaker phone and someone else is walking by whistling. You all need to GO AWAY UNTIL I'VE HAD MY COFFEE.