Pregnant after IF

3rd Trimester Check in Week of March 11 ***New Leader Needed***

This is a weekly check in for the mamas  who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us please post a: 
•Mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD
•How many babies you are pregnant with
•If you know the gender(s)
•How you have been feeling in your 3rd tri
•Any upcoming or recent appointments you may had

Feel free to share pictures of your bump, nurseries, baby gear, and of course those babies when they arrive!

@kaseycoco 2/27 with a little boy
@amanning2011 EDD 3/25 TWINS! G/G
@dreamcometrue2017 ; EDD 3/31 with a little boy
@cashewchicken ; EDD 4/11 with a little boy
@rel_1987 ; EDD 4/21 with a little boy
@meredithj123 ; EDD 4/24 Team Green
@nmtay ; EDD 4/25 Twins! B/G
@helloworld9 : EDD 5/5 with a little boy 
@mbradfo2 : EDD 4/28 with a little girl

QOTW: What is one thing you are making sure to pack in your hospital bag?
Met 2004, Married 2011, Trying since 2013. Info in spoiler:

BabyFruit Ticker

Me: 30
Diagnosed with PCOS, later changed to unexplained anovulation due to high prolactin and normal testosterone levels
Him: 31
High sperm count (yay!) but also super high fluid volume (boo!)
First IUI, Clomid and Follistim: 11/29-BFN
Second IUI, Femara and Follistim: 12/29-BFN
Third IUI, Femara and Gonal-F (and Follistim): 1/28 BFN
Fourth IUI, Femara and Gonal-F: 7/23 BFN
IVF 1: Femara and Gonal-F: 1/23/2017
Beta Study:
Beta #1: 1/28/2017 4.1
Beta #2: 1/30/2017 34
Beta #3: 2/1/2017 131
Beta #4: 2/3/2017 476
Ultrasound: 2/14/17-Twin Etopic Pregnancy, surgery to remove right fallopian tube on 2/17/2017
FET 2: Femara, Gonal-F, and Clomid: Cycle Canceled due to low progesterone
FET 3: July 7, Femara, Gonal-F, Clomid-BFP!!!!!! Due March 2018
https://desertratpack.wordpress.com/

Re: 3rd Trimester Check in Week of March 11 ***New Leader Needed***

• This is it for me! My girls will be here March 15th at the very latest so we need someone new to take over this thread every week :) I'm now at 38 weeks and at my last growth scan on Thursday the girls were both head down and measuring at about 5 pounds each. According to Ovia they are the size of pomeranians, but I'm not sure how I like that comparrison, lol! I'm having more pain when I walk now which kind of sucks because we have a lot to get done in this last week and we just bought a house, so I would like to move as soon as possible. I always feel awkward answering a question I've come up with, but one thing I'm making sure is in my hospital bag is my own hospital gown for after delivery. The ones at the hospital aren't very comfy so I wanted my own for after.

Has anyone heard from @kaseycoco? I haven't seen her post lately and when I tried searching for her on the boards I can't find the last time she posted. I hope everything is going well for her :/

BabyFruit Ticker

Diagnosed with PCOS, later changed to unexplained anovulation due to high prolactin and normal testosterone levels
    Beta Study:
    Ultrasound: 2/14/17-Twin Etopic Pregnancy, surgery to remove right fallopian tube on 2/17/2017
  • Hi all! My baby boy is here!! He was born one day after his due date and labor and delivery went fairly well.
    sorry I've been MIA, it's been such a whirlwind since he was born. I've been struggling with breastfeeding and it felt like all I was doing was eating, nursing, and napping for the first week. Then we lost power during that huge storm last week (we got 16 inches of snow!) and had to relocate for a few nights. We're now back in our own house trying to resume some sort of normal schedule. 
    @amanning2011 how exciting you're so close to meeting your baby girls! Good luck :) As for what to put in your hospital bag, I'd say definitely bring your own pillow since the hospital ones are so thin and horrible. We brought an extra blanket for my husband too, not knowing what he'd sleep on, and just left them in the car until after the baby was born. 
    TTC #1 since Aug 2015 (unexplained infertility)
    10/16-12/16 -3 IUI, all BFN
    2/17 IVF #1 froze 5 five day blasts
    5/17 FET#1 BFN  
    6/17 FET #2 BFP :)  EDD 2/27/18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @kaseycoco Congrats on your baby boy! I'm glad you are doing well :) Hopefully breastfeeding will go easier for you soon. It must have been hard losing power with a newborn :/ 

BabyFruit Ticker

Beta Study:
  • @kaseycoco congrats on your baby boy!!!
  • congrats @kaseycoco!!!

I'm 34 weeks today, the vomiting has returned, which I have heard can happen. I'm still on my nausea meds and I'm still throwing up. Was concerned about pre eclampsia but my BP is fine. Hands are also swollen and hurt! I have an appointment on friday, only five work days left and I can't wait to be done!

QOTW: I am packing chap stick for sure! The hospital is so so so dry (I work there) and i constantly have chapped lips in the summer! Also, my doula recommends an eye mask and ear phones (so the nurses and noise won't bother you).
  • @kaseycoco Congrats! You've made it to the other side!

@amanning2011 And you are next!! How exciting!

@meredithj123 So jealous you have five work days left! I have until my EDD :( But we have such crap benefits so I didn't want to use up my PTO before the baby arrives.

AFM I'm in the midst of my 32nd week. My baby shower is this Saturday and we are making the drive Thursday morning (4-5 hours). My husband will be attending a sports game with his dad this weekend too, which was why we went ahead with the shower date when I'm 33w.

I also feel like I have this burning or sore sensation right below my breasts at times. After Googling it appears kind of common/normal, but I don't like the feeling of it.
    My TTC journey:
    Me and DH: 30-35
    Unexplained infertility
    TTC #1 since 2015
    11/2015 - BFP!     12/2015 - MC  :'(
    IVF #1 July 2017 freeze all (20 eggs, 15 mature, 10 fert, 6 blasts, 4 PGS normal)
    FET #1 TBD  Surprise BFP 9/2017 while waiting for FET... hoping for the best!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Had my nst today and it went fine. 34+3wks today. Next week I have my growth scan and also will get tested for strep b. I am hoping to get my induction date next Friday at my nst.
    QOTW: I am planning on definitely taking slippers and fuzzy socks. I tend to get cold and want to be as comfortable as possible while in the hospital.
    @meredithj123 I am also jealous that you are so close to maternity leave. I am trying to hang in there til at least 38 weeks since I will be induced at 39 weeks.
  • mbradfo2mbradfo2 member
    edited March 2018
    @kaseycoco congrats on your little boy! does your hospital or pediatrician have a lactation consultation you can meet with? They can sometimes be helpful! It's really normal to struggle with breastfeeding so don't stress too much :-)   (I work in pediatrics so see this alot)
    @amanning2011 excited!!!! <3
    @meredithj123 I am so jealous that you are close to leave! I am really struggling at work these days....which is frustrating for me since I'm such a perfectionist. Honestly, I just want to stay home, nap and read books >.>

I had my regular OB appt yesterday (33 weeks) and my mom and I talked with him about my concerns and nerves. He feels my anterior placenta is probably making tracking movement more stressful for me. My blood pressure was also creeping up slightly, which he said is normal, but put me on some meds to make sure it doesn't get concerning. Due to my anxiety and the meds, he's going to go to weekly appointments now with a biophysical profile at each appt just to make sure everything is good. I had my first one yesterday and baby was perfect! I was also so excited to see her since I hadn't had a scan since 23 weeks! She is super chunky now and is head down, kicking right into my placenta. The tech estimated her weight at 5 lb 2 oz. She got hiccups during the scan which was incredibly cute. 

I feel more comfortable now knowing that I will be seen more often and get scans. Doc still obviously wants me to pay attention to movement, but I think this is probably the best plan for my sanity. I was already feeling tons better last night and slept for 12 hours straight (minus pee breaks). 

I haven't put much thought to the hospital bag but I know I need my kindle and one of my pillows. Ever since I was little, my pillows have always been "comfort" objects to me. I just love their smell :-)  Probably a comfy robe and pair of slippers too...My husband's going to have to go home periodically to check on our pets and he better bring me videos and pictures! I miss my kitty and doggies so much when I'm not at home heh

~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• nmtaynmtay member
    @amanning2011 and @cashewchicken thanks for your answers last week! To everyone else, I'd like to get some more sampling on this so how soon after sitting down does your doctor check your blood pressure?

@kaseycoco congratulations and good to hear from you! @amanning2011 congratulations tomorrow! Can't wait to see pictures!

AFM, I'm 34 weeks today! Also happy pi day everyone! The 34 week mark is a HUGE milestone to my OB when it comes to twins, so I am definitely appreciating the extra excuses to eat pie! And pizza! I have also officially reached the point where it's not safe for me to climb on stools and such. I literally got stuck the other day getting something from a high shelf and DH had to help me down. Good thing he was home! Also I mentioned previously that this was a lofty idea but apparently nesting has kicked me so hard that I've done some serious decluttering in my sewing room! It's by no means pristine, but you can now see 90% of the floor! (The rest is blocked with actual furniture) and it is WAY more organized than before! Plus I found all my ribbon scraps and am working on hairbows for baby girl!

QOTW: well I'm packing all the normal stuff but a kind of unique one is croissants and Nutella for DH. He HATES hospitals, to the point that for a while I was worried he'd abandon me. But he is also super easy to bribe, and it saves us money on him not eating hospital food!
  • @nmtay Happy pi day! My husband and I are planning on going to Village Inn for dinner to have pie for desert :)

I know tomorrow is labor day for me, but I don't feel like it's real. Has anyone else had a hard time really believing they are finally going to have a baby/babies?

BabyFruit Ticker

Beta Study:
  • @amanning2011 best of luck to you today!!!
  • nmtaynmtay member
    @amanning2011 all the time!!! Usually it doesn't feel real and I don't believe it, but then every few days it hits me again (usually while they're hitting me) and I realize that these little aliens in me are actually people that I get to meet in a few weeks! Can't wait to see pictures of yours! Good luck!!!
  • @amanning2011 so exciting! Good luck today and looking forward to seeing the pic of your babies!
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • 36 weeks today. Can’t believe this baby is coming out in 3 weeks, if not sooner!  I’m being induced at 39 weeks so this kid ain’t spending more than 3 weeks in my belly. 

This week is a busy week in terms of appointments. Two NST, a growth scan, and MFM appointment. So far the baby is measuring on track and is 6lb 3oz according to u/s estimates from yesterday! 

QOTW: washed all the baby clothes and blankets today! So I guess I’m bringing them. I’m also thinking about getting a bathrobe but I’ve also been told to bring old clothes that you don’t mind getting it dirty so I’m not sure. 
  • @kaseycoco Congrats on your new arrival!
  • Emily and Elizabeth are here! They were born at 11:16 and 11:18 in the morning and doing very well even though they are a little small. I have 0 milk supply so any suggestions for how to make that happen are greatly appreciated. I'm currently pumping every 3ish hours and getting a little collostrum (SP?), like 5-10 drops, but nothing else.

BabyFruit Ticker

Beta Study:
  • Congrats @kaseycoco and @amanning2011!

@amanning2011 keep it up with the pump! It took a few days of pumping every 3 hours for mine to come in. The lactation consultant said save every drop of what you do get for now and you can rub it in their mouths. 
  • cashewchickencashewchicken member
    edited March 2018
    Congrats @amanning2011! Super cute babies! Can’t wait for mine to arrive. 

How is breastfeeding going? I have no first hand knowledge as I’m also a FTM, but I learned in the breastfeeding class that the newborn baby’s stomach is the size of a marble so they can’t drink that much. So I’m assuming mom’s don’t produce that much milk, at least the first few days. 
  • @cashewchicken We are looking at exclusively pumping and supplementing with formula right now. Both of my girls will latch, but then they won't suck at all (they started doing that in the hospital, too). The lactation consultants at the hospital couldn't figure it out either. And with as much as my girls are eating I wouldn't be able to keep up with them right now anyway, my supply is seeming to stay consistently at the same level. I'm trying lactation cookies right now to see if that will help. The problem we were having was that I literally had only 5-10 drops between both breasts, which is definitely less than they needed. I'm getting about 1.5 ounces per side now, but that's unfortunately still less than what they are eating.

BabyFruit Ticker

Beta Study:
  • I've been eating lactation cookies a family member made me, I really do think it makes a difference. Plus I use it as a good excuse to eat desert.  I'm exclusively pumping as well as Brooks needs preemie formula (for extra calories) and vitamins (poly vi sol) mixed into my breast milk. They said I could nurse once a day but he has no interest because it's way more work than his bottle. Oh well, I figure getting the milk is what is the most important, not how he gets it.