Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
Angel "Violet" - March 2022
Baby Dove due March 2023

Re: Why My SO Is... (3/10)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @stithof You've got a real winner there!
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    Hubby has been extra affectionate, talking a lot about the baby, and patting my tummy. I think this last week reality has set in and he's finally getting really excited. 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    lynzev said:
     even when I'm being a psychotic bitch. 
    This made me laugh!
  • Options
    Glad to see so many supportive SO's.

@chyvie DF has been talking to my belly every single day since I told him baby developed ears.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    I'm really glad to see everyone is appreciating their sweeties today! Makes me happy.
  • Options
    Well I appreciate mine most of the time.. honestly I do. But is it so hard to make me some damn breakfast on a sat morning when I have to work and he gets to sit on his ass all day?! But nope. Oh well who am I kidding? He never cooks anyway. I worked 11 hrs running around on my feet yesterday and I’m still just as tired and grumpy as when I went to bed so he probably can’t wait for me to leave again. 
  • Options
    Just went out of town for work for 10 days :(  He’s been ok though... kinda busting my balls regarding my negative sex drive, but he’s joking... mostly. 
  • Options
    He has been amazing! He has been cooking and cleaning for me since my morning sickness kicked in. My DH always takes care of me if I need anything and rubs my back at night because he "wants to help me fall asleep." I am so thankful for him. He is going to be a wonderful father.
  • Options
    Good and bad. When we first found out he didn't like the idea of me keeping it. I even gave him the choice to not have to be a father and that I could do it on my own. But he's finally warming up to the idea! Even going as far as kissing my tummy EVERY morning before he leaves for work. It makes me so happy and excited. Gives me belly rubs without asking and if I ask him to too. The thing he's not doing so great at is putting his foot down on friends and family. We've not told anyone yet but I've talked to him about what bothers me. His friends freely walking into our home without announcing their coming or even knocking on our door. We are technically under his dad's roof (it's our home, we pay all the rent and bills, but the house is under land contract in his name.) So he believes he can also freely walk in and ruin our moods as he did the other day. Dudes an alcoholic and Everytime he comes over he goes off on a rant about how much of a wh*** I am. Not happy. I told him we're getting our own place in our names before the baby's born, or I'm moving back to my parents and we won't be living together until that happens. It's all very stressful right now and nobody even knows about the prenancy yet. Wish us luck.
  • Options
    @indias95 I'm glad he's starting to warm up to the idea. Although your SOs father sounds like a piece of work.
  • Options
    @indias95 glad to hear he is coming around! Hopefully you can work together to set some ground rules before baby arrives.
  • Options
    Oh he is. He lost the right to ever see our child before I even knew I was pregnant. Dudes got a lot of problems he starts himself but blames the rest of the world when something doesn't work out his way. Definitely won't be around baby and even now when he comes over I either leave to go to my parents or go on a long walk until he's gone. Stresses me out way too much and I know it's not good for the little one.
  • Options
    @Lisa3379 my DH too! He’s mostly joking and is understanding but this it’s so strange for me to never be in the mood for sex so it’s weird for us both!
  • Options
    He’s been really awesome for the most part. I had a busy day on Wednesday and was pretty much useless from exhaustion all day Thursday. Then Friday my chronic pain issues flared up and my usual treatment options are no longer an option. He’s been taking care of me, the kid, and the house, and trying to cater to my cravings when possible. Of course, he did imply that the pregnancy symptoms were all in my head, because it had been less than two weeks since we found out and I wasn’t having any symptoms before then. Someone needs to re-read his pregnancy book.