Infertility
Options

Hi **TW - child and loss mentioned**

mayflower513mayflower513 member
edited March 2018 in Infertility
Hi everyone.  I’m hoping I can join you all - I’ve been lurking for the last couple of weeks and am ready to join in!

I am 34 and have an almost 3 year old - I had him on my own with no issues and then when he was about 6 months old I got pregnant again (not on purpose), which I ended up finding out was ectopic at my 8 week appointment.  I lost that tube, and since being cleared (Jan of 16) we have been trying without success.  I finally had an HSG this January which showed my remaining tube is damaged - so I have tubal factor secondary infertility.

We met with a RE last month who gave two options - either try to repair the tube (not guaranteed to work) and we could have a 1/3 chance of getting pregnant in the next year, or remove the tube and do IVF.  So, we are opting for option 2 to try to eliminate another year of waiting before probably ending up here anyway.

All we have left is testing my AMH and the AFC ultrasound around 3/19, and getting DH’s SA before then as well.

My surgery is 3/28 and it looks like I can start meds around 5/14 - I’m very anxious to get this all going, it’s been a long road!
Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

Re: Hi **TW - child and loss mentioned**

• Options
    Welcome Cmarieb35. I'm so sorry you had all that happen this year. I would def do IVF route too to save the time and headache of the 1/3 chance. Good luck! It's not an easy process but worth it in the end! These ladies are amazing here. Lots of support since it's not something people easily understand all the heartache that come along with it. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    Thank you!

TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cmarieb35 Welcome and sorry you find yourself here. We moved straight to IVF more due to our MFI and my age, 37, the RE didn’t want to waste any time. Hope May is here before you know it. You’ve joined a great group of ladies here!! 
  • Options
    Thank you @ndz2018

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• Options
    Welcome! I'm sorry you're on this journey as well, but all the plans ahead sound promising! Good luck to you!
  • Options

Started TTC #2 2/16