October 2018 Moms

WTF Wednesday

Any have WTF for today (or this week)?

Re: WTF Wednesday

• WTF is up with all this snow? I know I live in MI, but we had 55* degree weather the other week and now it's snowing..again. My winter jacket is slowly getting tighter...
  • My OB is having me do the glucose test at 12 week appointment because my BMI is over the normal range (barely!). I get why they want to do it and i don't mind but I'm still a little ticked off about it... I didn't have any GD issues with DD who was 6 lbs at 41 weeks and I'm starting at only 10 pounds more with this pregnancy. Also there are plenty of women with a normal BMI who end up with GD. I will get over it, but really?! 
    BFP #1: due 6/17/2013, DD born 6/25/13
    BFP #2: due 6/30/2017, MMC found 12/7/2016
    BFP #3: due 10/21/2018 
  • Loading the player...
  • Shakes fist at pressure Cooker! Why must you stink up the house! I am feeling slightly icky from having eggs for breakfast and don't want to cook. Bring out the pressure Cooker to make easy chicken and I feel like I bathed in the smell. Ugh. Thankful I haven't showered yet but I know DH won't be happy when he comes home and has to go back to work smelling of pressure Cooker chicken. 
  • ninji15ninji15 member
    edited March 2018
    I broke down and told my supervisor I was pregnant earlier than I wanted to, mainly because I have now been put on light duty. No more ladder work and no more heavy lifting type of normal stuff. He asked "So for how long are you on light duty?" ... Uhhh, well if all goes well another 8 or so months....? Did he think I would be back to heavy lifting and ladder work when I can't see my feet past my stomach anymore? Working in an all male department is hard at times like these.

ETA: Just gave him a doctors note (that I had emailed to me) that stated what I told him because he said I may need to get one. It doesn't give a time limit, so again he asked for how long I can't do ladder work or lift anything heavier than 25 pounds. I guess I will have them date it next time but I thought this was implied given the information I just freaking told him WTF. Then he said he doesn't need the note unless I feel the need to bring it up to HR, like if he tells me to do ladder work anyway... I am getting frustrated and annoyed. He acts like I am milking it and I am not trying to, I have gone in 3 times so far for spotting. 
  • bel194 said:
    My OB is having me do the glucose test at 12 week appointment because my BMI is over the normal range (barely!). I get why they want to do it and i don't mind but I'm still a little ticked off about it... I didn't have any GD issues with DD who was 6 lbs at 41 weeks and I'm starting at only 10 pounds more with this pregnancy. Also there are plenty of women with a normal BMI who end up with GD. I will get over it, but really?! 
    My dr has anyone over the age of 30 test early. I'm actually surprised he isn't having me do it since I have insulin resistance.
  • bel194 said:
    My OB is having me do the glucose test at 12 week appointment because my BMI is over the normal range (barely!). I get why they want to do it and i don't mind but I'm still a little ticked off about it... I didn't have any GD issues with DD who was 6 lbs at 41 weeks and I'm starting at only 10 pounds more with this pregnancy. Also there are plenty of women with a normal BMI who end up with GD. I will get over it, but really?! 
    WTF??? My BMI is on the high end of overweight and I did not have this.
  • Shakes fist at pressure Cooker! Why must you stink up the house! I am feeling slightly icky from having eggs for breakfast and don't want to cook. Bring out the pressure Cooker to make easy chicken and I feel like I bathed in the smell. Ugh. Thankful I haven't showered yet but I know DH won't be happy when he comes home and has to go back to work smelling of pressure Cooker chicken. 
    This is how I feel when DH cooks bacon, which is like 3x a week...
  • I've had a headache since yesterday afternoon. It's exhausting.

Going to my chiropractor at 4 to see if this shit can be corrected. Work has been miserable  :(
  •  I threw up violently enough last night to tear the lining of my throat or esophagus.
    Me: 25 | DH: 34
    Married since 2010, TTC since Dec 2013
    Dx: PCOS
  • bel194 said:
    I am also having to do a blood glucose test at 12 weeks. My BMI isn't terrible but I did have an iffy glucose test with my daughter 4 years ago. Guess they are being overly cautious. It annoys me too. 

Me 32 and DH 40

Fur-baby named Bella

1 MC Nov. 2013

DD born Nov. 2, 2014

Little 2 EDD Oct. 1 

• Nothing baby related but I got my first speeding ticket this morning ever. Pretty pissy about it and DH is probably going to laugh at me because it was on a road I should have known not to go fast on. Annoying. 

Me 32 and DH 40

Fur-baby named Bella

1 MC Nov. 2013

DD born Nov. 2, 2014

Little 2 EDD Oct. 1 

• I work in a prison. It's WTF Everyday here, but today it's actually been decent. Of course until now that I've acknowledged it. 
  • My boss is a b****. She yelled at me during our monthly meeting today because our VP questioned why she is micromanaging one of my projects. She said that I have been “talking over people” in meetings (which I asked several other people who have been at those meetings and they all said I didn’t...but whatever). She is the one who has been making snotty comments in emails and meetings to me and the rest of the project team, and she yells as me!? Ugh...of course then I cried because I can’t control my emotions right now...she told me “it’s ok to cry because she cried about it earlier too.” Umm no you’re mean...gtfo.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • My WTF is the weather. Last week it was in the 50's and so my daffodils and hyacinth started to sprout and now we have a blizzard and they are going to die and I am going to be so sad.
  • WTF to food aversions. I can't even hear the name of certain foods without getting queasy. Last night my dinner was an apple and some Cheerios. 
  • @spartan4life I would have cried too. Sounds like she can't take responsibility for her own actions and has to lash out at someone else...in front of other people. Fuck that.

@acciocoffee I definitely dined on that exact same meal several times around weeks 6-8. It's all I could do and tasted so right!
  • @acciocoffee - my dinner last night was also an apple.  I had some carmel sauce with it.  
  • ninji15ninji15 member
    edited March 2018
    WTF to food aversions. I can't even hear the name of certain foods without getting queasy. Last night my dinner was an apple and some Cheerios. 
    Cheerios are my jam right now. Only thing that sounds tolerable when I am not hungry. 

ETA: typo
  • @spartan4life Wow what a bitch!! Sorry she's acting like that.

@knottieamusements Caramel sauce...yummmmm 
  • My WTF is to my doc office!! Still haven't had my first OB appointment and I'm 9 weeks. Also, any one have a severe craving for taco bell and cinnamon toast crunch? Or is it just me.
  • Inside Edition just had a lady that didn't know she was pregnant give birth at 38 weeks per the u/s in the ER. They had a picture of her with friends the day before she went into labor WTH she had no belly. I have a bigger belly than her and I am just 9 weeks!! She looked totally not pregnant!! No kicks and the boy was over 7lbs! I don't get how her body could hide that much baby!! 
  • bel194 With my DD, my BMI was definitely in the obese range and I was still tested at the normal time. Is this OB otherwise a good doc? Because I'd be leaving an OB who thought I was high risk based on BMI alone. 
    @spartan4life I can't stand unprofessional people in the workplace. Ugh. Definitely b-word worthy. Sorry she gave you such a hard time.
    @acciocoffee I'm 1000% with you on the food aversions. It's driving me nuts. Pretty sure I had the same meal as you last night.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @mytrueloves Yes, she was my OB with DD and I loved her! She was out of town today so I met with a Nurse Practitioner in the same clinic, so I'm kind of wondering if it was more of the NP's decision and not just a standard that my OB uses? The OB never said anything about my weight during my pregnancy with DD or did any early testing like this.  
    BFP #1: due 6/17/2013, DD born 6/25/13
    BFP #2: due 6/30/2017, MMC found 12/7/2016
    BFP #3: due 10/21/2018 
  • @bel194 I had my first appointment today and my OB had me take the test today.  With my DD I failed the 1 hour by a few points but passed the 3 hr.  My BMI this time is a bit higher than with my first so I am guessing that's why she checked me now. 
  • My WTF Wednesday is why does my DH say all the wrong things.  He keeps making comments like you aren't that far along yet or you aren't even that pregnant.  Today before my US he pissed me off and I told him he no longer has an opinion unless he would like to carry this child. Ugh!! But then I feel bad getting frustrated because he is doing extra housework and letting me sleep.  If he would just keep his mouth closed sometimes all would be good... I also may be slightly irritable
  • My wtf is to my insurance. I submitted a refill request to my pharmacy on Monday morning for my progesterone since I knew I only had enough through Wednesday, and when it was still ‘in progress’ today, I called the pharmacy to see what was up. They told me that apparently my insurance just changed their policy and now requires a prior authorization for it, so it was being held up because of that and no one told me. I then called my drs office to see if they
    can process it urgently because I took my last pill this morning, but who knows if it will be able to be processed today. If someone would have told me this on Monday when I submitted the refill request, there would have been plenty of time and no stress! Ugh!
  • bel194 Well that's good! I absolutely loved the OB I had with my DD and she has all 5-star reviews on google and yelp. Unfortunately, she no longer takes my insurance so I had to settle for a partner in her clinic until we switch to midwife care. 
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • WTF to power outages. I was greatful for the snow day and it's only been off for an hour but Ugh! 
  • WTF to my family who had exclusively negative reactions to this pregnancy announcement, with the exception of my big brother and sister-in-law. I'm almost 25, engaged, and no longer living at home. What is there to be negative about?!
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @mytrueloves - I am so sorry to hear that.  I’m sure they’ll come around in time, but that is such a chicken sh thing to do. 
  • @mytrueloves I'm sorry that they're not more excited for you. That yeah sucks. Hopefully they will become more excited in time.

@pumpkinpancake that's really frustrating, especially because it's so important for you. I'd be calling my insurance Co and giving them an earful!

My day event ended up being super frustrating... And expensive. I took my dog to the vet because he has some skin issues. We've been dealing with this for almost a year. He's on super expensive food that is supposed to help, and I've screwed up by giving him grain free treats that may have caused his allergies to flair up. $400, 2 prescriptions, and some medicated wash later... And I have to bathe him every 3 days which will be a disaster.
  • Wtf to I spent an hour and a half making empanadas for dinner only to take one bite and dry heave so I had fruit for dinner instead only to puke it all up. I haven't puked since I got pregnant. I hurt my freaking back even more cause it was so violent. What a waste of food.
  • 1. The weather! It was beautiful last week with 70s-80s temperatures. And this week we're in the 50s!!!

2. I logged into my my patient portal for my Dr today. It shows my blood work from a few weeks ago, except they didn't seem to check my HCG level!!! Shouldn't they have done that?! I don't know if I should call and ask about it or just wait until I go back next week. 
  • @purple_2012
    I think it’s normal for them not to check.  I never had my hcg checked with my first pregnancy.   (They did this time because I’m being monitored more closely due to m/c history that I didn’t have with my first).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @purple_2012 they didn't check mine either. I thought it was weird too.
  • @nayyohme @purple_2012 Mine was only checked once. I saw so many on here getting check like 5+ times that I asked my midwife if I was supposed to be checked more. They said only if I was having issues or if they had concern. Every office is different! 
  • DH and I have been planning a trip back to CA for months. We’ll be staying with our ILs. MIL made an appointment to have a boob job 9 DAYS before we arrive. WTF who DOES that? 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @purple_2012 my first prenatal appointment isn't until 10 weeks so I doubt I'll be getting an hcg check either. With my DD, I only got one because I came in too early to see a pregnancy via ultrasound and I was on bc.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @purple_2012  - I didn’t have an HCG test either.  My first appointment (in week 6) they did a dip stick pregnancy test, pelvic exam and medical history.  While I have a genetics consultation next week; it is completely optional.  I do not see my OB again until I’m in week 12. 

It is kind of nerve wracking to see what everyone else is having done, and not doing any of those things myself.  I just keep reminding myself that this is my first pregnancy, and there isn’t any need to do any of those things for me because there is no reason to suspect things could go wrong for me personally.  
  • edited March 2018
    Another thought- another forum I’m on, the question occasionally gets asked of why is the only thing anyone ever talks about the crazy, hard, high-risk stuff, and not the more common things that still apply to the group.  Well- the crazy, hard, high-risk stuff is what people need help with, or is super cool because not everyone is willing to try it.  The mundane stuff is still super fun, but is usually pretty easy to figure out on your own and lots of people do it.  (The difference between an afternoon hike on a local trail and climbing Mt. Denali.)