September 2018 Moms
Options

Moms of Multiples Check-in (March)

Any updates on your pregnancy? Finding out the gender soon? Planning nursery decor or creating your baby registry? Tell us any info you’d like to share as it arrives through the month of March. Have questions? Ask away and hopefully someone will have answers/advice. 
Anniversary
Me (29) + DH (30) | Dating 2003 | Married 2008
DS - 02/21/2016

Re: Moms of Multiples Check-in (March)

• Options
    I am 12+4, expecting what we think are di di twins. NIPT test currently pending, so excited !! 
    I have been taking diclegis since ~10 weeks and take two at night and one in the AM most days. Wondering when to know to attempt to wean off ? I still feel nauseous sometimes so not ready just yet. 

DH refuses to tell me if he has any gender preferences. He just says he wants happy and healthy babies. I want to know what he wants!

We have some house projects to get a move on - need to get the basement space ready to be able to move the stuff currently in the future nursery bout if there. 

• Options
    Okay just found out we are low risk and having one of each !  Can't believe it! Anyone else finding out soon ??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That’s so exciting! That also solidified your thought on Di/Di Twins. I don’t find out till the 20th and the wait is hard. I don’t have advice on the diclegis but hopefully someone can chime in that has experience with that. Hopefully your basement project goes well. I’m sure your nursery plans are starting to be thought up now that you know what you’re having! Congrats on your little boy and girl on the way. 
    Anniversary
    DS - 02/21/2016

• Options
    @iluvgoldies33 awesome to find out! I'm so anxious, 4 more weeks for me! As for diclegis I didn't take it but took some b6 for a time....if I were you I'd cut down on one of the doses and see how you feel and go from there after a few more weeks 
    Me: 29  DH: 31, married 6/21/14, TTC since 7/14
    BFP #1 EDD 7/17/15, MMC 1/9/15 @8w
    BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    2 Cycles of Femara, Ovidrel, & Progesterone= BFP #3 DS born 5/17/16
    TTC #2 March 2017 (initially med free) 
    BFP #4 8/14/17 *natural cycle* EDD= 4/25/18, MC @5-6w D&C 9/22/17
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • Options
    I feel like my bump has started to come out in full force. Anyone else starting to decently show? I was cramming myself into my non-maternity pants but that’s definitely not possible anymore. 
    Anniversary
    DS - 02/21/2016

• Options
    @xxkberxx I feel ya! I have officially given up on normal pants AND on trying to hold in my pooch, just letting it hang out now and it definitely is a little baby belly now.  Im nervous about just HOW big its gonna get if I am already bumping though..... 

BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • Options
    iba34iba34 member
    @xxkberxx @Jyoung327 I definitely have a bump at this point, although probably not to the point where anyone would actually ask me if I'm pregnant. I bought some more maternity clothes this weekend (I've been wearing pants with the elastic inserts at the waist since like 9 weeks).

I'll just say, I've googled some photos of twin bumps at the end of pregnancy, and it's a little scary. I'm pretty petite (not quite 5'2"), so there's nowhere for it to go but out!!
  • Options
    Lol @iba34 for that reason I won't look anymore and only look at the rare unicorns who get a flat tummy back afterward, hoping maybe I can be a unicorn too. It sucks cuz I've had self esteem issues my whole life, even when I was not in anyway overweight looking back, and there's so much out of my/our control at this point! I know I know...be proud of what our bodies can do....it's vain....and mh is super supportive, but I think about what's to come a lot and if I'll ever be able to wear a bikini again with confidence. 
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • Options
    @Jyoung327 @iba34 yeah seeing twin bumps at even 20 weeks was how I looked full term with DS so I can only imagine how big I might become. I’ve had self esteem issues too. I will say at least one piece swimsuits are a lot cuter now than they used to. Here’s to hoping we can all be rare unicorns!
    Anniversary
    DS - 02/21/2016

• Options
    I def already have a bump, my family is already commenting so it's not just in my head that my belly is already poking out. My dr warned me yesterday to be prepared to gain a lot so we shall see. My worries isn't so much being huge while pregnant it's what I will look like after I have the twins. I somehow lucked out with my son and even though I gained 39lbs during that pregnancy I didn't get any stretch marks and I lost the weight fairly quickly however this pregnancy may be a completely different story!
  • Options
    I had my doctors appointment on Tuesday and found out I’m having boys :). We also found out some concerning news so if you choose to read about it I posted in the weekly appointments thread. I don’t want to worry other multiple moms so I’m not posting the details here. 
    Anniversary
    DS - 02/21/2016

• Options
    iba34iba34 member
    @xxkberxx Congrats on the boys! I replied to your comment in the appointments thread. How far along are you now? 

I told my boss about my pregnancy on Tuesday (14 weeks now, I was planning to tell him since 12.3 but he was traveling until this week), and now I've been telling everyone left and right! It's so nice to finally be able to be public. I also started feeling better about a week ago, which has been a huge relief. 
  • Options
    @iba34 thank you for the kind words! I’ll be 17 weeks on Sunday. 

Im so glad your starting to feel better. The first tri usually isn’t fun and it’s great the second tri is already starting out better. How fun to be starting to share your news with everyone! I’m sure you’ve been getting the common question of “do twins run in your family?!” ... we got that question A LOT when we told people. 
    Anniversary
    DS - 02/21/2016

• Options
    You are going through a lot xxkberxx, but you seem to be well informed and level headed about this. We are thinking of you and are here for you. Keep us updated. 

• Options
    Trying to decide on what we need to get and I'm so overwhelmed! Does anyone have suggestions on best strollers for twins, pack n play or bassinets? This is my second pregnancy but I'm at a loss for what is good with twins. 
  • Options
    Trying to decide on what we need to get and I'm so overwhelmed! Does anyone have suggestions on best strollers for twins, pack n play or bassinets? This is my second pregnancy but I'm at a loss for what is good with twins. 
    The stroller really depends on where you live and what type of walking you’ll be doing. There are side by side, in-line, etc. We’re looking into double strollers soon so unfortunately I don’t have that much advice yet but if you have small doorways like I do, I’d go with an in-line double so that you can actually take it in and out of your house.

As for sleeping arrangements, my friend with twins just has 2 cribs with a little space in between so she can easily get to both kids. Everyone we know with twins say their kids babble to each other all night so be prepared for that... even before they can truly “talk”.
  • Options
    iba34iba34 member
    Have you looked at Lucie's List (https://www.lucieslist.com/) I'm a FTM so I don't know how good the advice ends up being, but they actually have tons of twin-specific information on products. 

This is a bassinet that I'm leaning towards: https://www.amazon.com/HALO-Bassinest-Sleeper-Double-Bassinet/dp/B07612RVQK/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1523222685&sr=8-1&keywords=halo+twin+bassinet&dpID=41myiXnnwSL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch