1st Trimester
Options

Has anyone used an at home fetal Doppler?

So I haven’t had any symptoms and I am currently 10weeks 3 days pregnant. At my 8 week appointment my baby’s heartbeat was strong 173bpm. It’s taking forever for my next appointment so I recently purchased an at home Fetal Doppler but haven’t used it yet because I’m slightly scared to. Has anyone used one of these? 

Re: Has anyone used an at home fetal Doppler?

• Options
    ecwkecwk member
    Lots of people have. If you try the search function you’ll find lots of threads on the topic. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have one. I've used it twice so far this pregnancy - once at 9w4d and while I caught the HB for a second it was too early to hold the sound, and again at 10w5d when I was able to find and hold the HB.

I like having mine but I set limits for myself on using it. I don't allow myself to use it more than once a week and only for 5 minutes max.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yup have one and have used it with my previous and current pregnancy. I found the heartbeat around 13 wks with #1 and around 10 wks #2. 
    A few things to consider:
    1. Don’t use it early if you think it will cause more worry if you don’t find it. Many don’t find it until after 13 wks. 
    2.  Most importantly, it should not substitute doctor visits. If you feel something is off talk to your doctor!
  • Options
    I have one that I used with my son. I don’t think I ever actually heard his heartbeat with it, which caused me a lot of unnecessary worry.
  • Options
    I've used one with all three pregnancies. It's a double edged sword because if you find the HB it's awesome and reassuring. If you don't find it then you can get stressed out and worry. I've definitely gotten better at finding the heartbeat over the years, but there was a couple stressful times the first go around when I couldn't find it. I would  suggest waiting until at least 12 weeks to try and find it on your own if this is your first time. Also, it will likely be lower than you think it should be. I used to always try too high before I realized that I needed to be right above my pubic bone. Good luck!

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• Options
    I work at a hospital and a lot of the girls on my unit have been pregnant in the last two years.  They all swear by having a fetal Doppler at home.  I'm on the fence about getting one, but that just means I'll probably end up getting one lol
  • Options
    I was able to find the hb this week at 8w4d. I love having it for reassurance until I feel movement. 
  • Options
    I was able to find the hb with both of my DDs around 9.5 weeks. I waited to try until after my OB found it on her doppler in the office, first.

Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 40 | SO: 32

DDs: 11, 7.5 |  Due: 22-Dec

We're having another GIRL!!  <3

• Options
    Those of you with Dopplers, what brand do you have?
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    I have Sonoline. 
  • Options
    Sonoline
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    I have one but haven't found the hb yet. It is stressful!
  • Options
    It was my favorite thing ever when DS. I had a previous loss and a terrible pregnancy with my DD. So PGaL brain is awful and terrible and the doppler gave me so much reassurance until I could feel him moving all the time. The next two pregnancies I didn't get far enough along to use it but I hope this time.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more