October 2018 Moms
Options

1st week of October DD check-in (week of 3/5)

How are you doing?

Anything going on this week in the world o' baby? Appointments? Ultrasounds?

Any questions or concerns?

GTKY - What are you looking forward to most about pregnancy (other than baby!)?

Re: 1st week of October DD check-in (week of 3/5)

• Options

How are you doing?

Pretty good.  If it weren’t for the sharp stretchy pains in my pelvis, I might almost forget I’m pregnant!  Well that and a 8pm bedtime  

Going to see a new PCP tomorrow. Nothing major, just an initial new patient visit.

All the things seem so overwhelming- just trying to take it one day at a time.  I’ll be glad when I get day care sorted out.

GTKY - What are you looking forward to most about pregnancy (other than baby!)

Right now- telling all the people!   I’m just four weeks away from when I start telling friends and extended family, and I feel like I’m going to explode!  I hate keeping secrets. 

• Options

How are you doing?

Still nauseous and I’m pretty much over it.  We’ve been eating out SO much bc I can’t even begin to grocery shop, let alone prepare food.  The eating out is terrible for our budget and causing a ton of guilt as this baby is NOT getting healthy stuff.  I need to feel like a human again!!!!!!!

Nothing this week.  Next appt isn’t until 3/28.

When will the nausea end? Anyone feeling better and if so, how far along are you? I need some light at the end of my tunnel!

I’m just going to try to soak up all the baby-bellyness, waddling and endearing looks from strangers...this is our last pregnancy so I want to appreciate all the good, the bad and the ugly!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

How are you doing?

Bad nausea day today. Different symptoms come and go. Still feeling anxious and like waiting until 3/22 for next appt is impossible.

Nope.

Just got a save the date for husbands cousins wedding for 9/22 in Colorado (we live in nyc) and husband doesn’t believe me that we probably can’t go. Im due 10/4. I don’t even think you’re allowed to fly that pregnant. Anyone know? Obviously will ask OB but wondering what people’s experiences are with late pregnancy air travel.

GTKY - What are you looking forward to most about pregnancy (other than baby!)

Telling everyone! Getting a seat on the subway!!!!!!

• Options
    KFrobKFrob member

How are you doing? Good!  I still have PGAL brain that creeps up sometimes, but symptoms are reassuring.  

Anything going on this week in the world o' baby? Appointments? Ultrasounds?  No appointments this week, I just have to make sure I get my lab work done for my appointment next week.

Any questions or concerns?  TMI, I had the tiniest bit of spotting yesterday, I'm talking like not even really spotting, more like my CM was so slightly tinged pinkish-brown and it immediately went away.  Dr. Google lead me to the Mayo clinic who said it's okay to wait to ask about it at your next appointment.  I also found something saying that it's fairly common at this stage when the transition between the corpus luteum and the placenta is starting to happen so trying not to stress.

GTKY - What are you looking forward to most about pregnancy (other than baby!)?  I love my body when I'm pregnant and finally showing.  Its the best I've felt about myself physically.  

• Options

How are you doing?

Pretty okay! Also experiencing mild discomfort (like tiny bolts of lightning in and around my crotch area and expanding uterus) like @knottieamusements! Annnnd, I went to bed at 8:30 last night...again. Yay!

Just trying to be patient! Not my strongest attribute.

Did y'all call your insurance company to let them know you're expecting? Has anyone signed up for life insurance yet or are you planning to?

About pregnancy? Maybe the bump? I don't really know.

• Options
    stithof said:
    Did y'all call your insurance company to let them know you're expecting? Has anyone signed up for life insurance yet or are you planning to?
    Honestly- I figure the insurance company will figure it out from the codes - but perhaps I that is not the smartest approach to take. 

I’m signed up for as much as I can get through my employer without having to have a physical.  Unfortunately, while I could have bought more when I first joined the company, I had no need for it, and so I don’t qualify for the exemption from the requirements for a physical which applies to new employees. 
  • Options
    I’m with everyone else on the waiting until later this month for my next OB appointment.  It is killing me.  I do have an appointment next week with a Genetics Counselor, but I don’t have any idea what that will entail.  But my OB appointment should include hearing the heartbeat!  (I know some of you have already been able to do that, and it makes me so antsy that I haven’t had the opportunity yet!)
  • Options

How are you doing?

Doing pretty good. I have good and not as good days. Kind of annoyed with all the headaches lately.

Nothing

Like @knottieamusements aid. Daycare! I literally found 5 places in my area and that is IT!!!

GTKY - What are you looking forward to most about pregnancy (other than baby!)? I don't know yet I am new to this :) 

• Options
    nayyohme said:

GTKY - What are you looking forward to most about pregnancy (other than baby!)? I don't know yet I am new to this :) 

I don’t know either!  I’m hoping other people have some encouraging ideas, because once I get past telling all the people, I’m not sure how things will go!  
  • Options

How are you doing? 

Today is okay. Nausea, but no vomiting so far. Not feeling like death, just tired. Food aversions as always. 

Not this week. Next appointment is 3/20 (exactly two weeks) 

TMI I’ve been dealing with some minor vaginal itching today. I think it’s just dryness, because i don’t have any other symptoms. Obviously I will call my doctor if it persists, but for now I’m just playing the “what if game” which sucks.

Maternity pants! I love those things! I’ve lost 10lbs since I got my BFP so I’m not quite there, but I’m excited! 

@stithof last pregnancy I didn’t call my insurance until late when I had questions. This time I probably won’t call. Are you supposed to? Lol As for life insurance we already had it prior to DS, but after he was born we got him a very small policy. It’s super cheap and they can continue it when they’re adults. It was super uncomfortable to sign up for at the time though. 

• Options

How are you doing?

Less naseua today. Probably wishful thinking, but I’ve heard MS peaks in week 9 and tomorrow is week 10, so I’m totes over it, right? Right? 

Nope. Not ‘til the NT scan on the 23rd. *Drums fingers impatiently*

When should you start talking to HR about leave? I’m a teacher, so I feel like I should probably figure it out before the end of the school year? Maybe? 

Filling the freezer with all the post-birth meals. I already have a list started. Lol. 

• Options

How are you doing? 

Fine mostly. Like most of you, just working through the nausea (for me, it's been by eating copious amounts of sour candy). I'm also in bed by 8:30/9:00, which H is baffled by, but what can you do, lol.

Second u/s and RE appointment is today. 

Nope. @nayyohme, I started the daycare project too. We live in the middle of nowhere, and H and I go different directions for work.  So, there is 1 daycare that's really convenient for both of us, and 1 that is really convenient for me, and sort of convenient for him.  Hopefully one of the 2 has openings when we need them, but 2 is a serious lack of options.

No idea. At this point I'm just looking forward to clearing the 1st tri. 

• Options
    @cdepperschmidt I don't know if you're supposed to call, that's why I asked!  :D
    I'll be getting a breast pump through my insurance, so I guess they'll just find out then!

• Options
    @stithof - I’m supposed to sit down with my HR person when I officially tell my employer (she knows, but isn’t telling others yet at my request).  I know that part of that discussion will include interactions I need to have with the insurance company.  Generally, my approach is that all my providers (and planned hospital) are in network, and my materials about the plan lay out the coverage.  

I will probably call them about hiring a doula though. I know some plans cover one, others don’t. If mine does cover one, I need to find out their requirements.  
  • Options
    @knottieamusements My insurance is through my husband's work, so the HR discussion won't lead to insurance talk. All of my appointments and hospital charges won't be billed until after the baby is here, which is why I feel the need to alert my insurance company ahead of time. 

• Options
    @stithof - yeah, given that, I would definitely touch base with your insurance company. Everybody’s insurance (and apparently billing!) is different.  

Either you or your husband should also talk to his HR.  You’ll need to add baby to your insurance shortly after birth, and I believe that process has to start at the employer since it also affects payroll deductions. 
  • Options
    @knottieamusements Excellent advice! We'll definitely do that. Thank you.
  • Options
    halfanewt said:

How are you doing?

Less naseua today. Probably wishful thinking, but I’ve heard MS peaks in week 9 and tomorrow is week 10, so I’m totes over it, right? Right? 

Nope. Not ‘til the NT scan on the 23rd. *Drums fingers impatiently*

When should you start talking to HR about leave? I’m a teacher, so I feel like I should probably figure it out before the end of the school year? Maybe? 

Filling the freezer with all the post-birth meals. I already have a list started. Lol. 

I am optimistically with you on the whole MS thing...this has to get better soon, right?!

And good call on the freezer meals. DH does most of the cooking lately (otherwise we just sort of share depending on our schedules), and our older two each cook at least once a week, but it is really nice to not have to worry about it for a while.

• Options

How are you doing?

sick, exhausted, but otherwise good. ;)

nope...first OB and US on 3/20

not really...except strangely, after several weeks of not being able to stomach coffee (and I love coffee, and work at starbucks on weekends) I am now on day three of terrible caffeine withdrawal headaches. I thought I was getting a migraine the first day because I could not believe that it was caffeine when I had not had a problem so far (which in itself was pretty surprising). at least i know now, though, so i am drinking soda to combat them because i can tolerate it.

labor and delivery! crazy, maybe...but i love that part. i would go through it ten times over (and also skip the whole pregnancy part, sorry) if i could!

• Options

How are you doing? Pretty good. Bouts of nausea, super tired. Also trying to be patient but not working lol

Anything going on this week in the world o' baby? Appointments? Ultrasounds? Just had my blood draw for being old and hoping to find out the sex in 7-10 days! 

Any questions or concerns? not atm

GTKY - What are you looking forward to most about pregnancy (other than baby!)? It being over? lol umm baby kicks when they are still small enough to be cute and not hurt. 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

How are you doing?

Headache and exhausting but the past two data I've been up off the couch and almost doing chores. 

Nurse phone call appointment later today and then an appt with a dating ultrasound tomorrow, hooray! Both my partners are even able to make it even though it was scheduled with none notice so that's exciting. 

Nah. There some anxiety because of some previous losses but I'm taking it one day at a time and trying to look forward to tomorrow's ultrasound instead of dreading it.

Looking pregnant. Feeling kicks. The symptoms are so much easier to deal with when you can look down and see the proof, imo. Right now it just feels like my body is rebelling against me. I need the bump to make it worthwhile lol

• Options
    @theglitteredpterodactyl Yes! I really enjoyed last pregnancy when I watched my belly move when DS was shifting.
  • Options

How are you doing?

Was doing quite well until I decided to try eggs for breakfast. Curled up on the couch trying to stay comfortable. 

Nope! 

Also considering calling insurance to see what my breast pump options are so I can research and pick the one I think I will like the most. Bwahahaha nothing like trying to pick something you have never used and have no clue how to use! Online reviews and the bump here I come! Also other basic questions. 

I am excited to have a real bump and not be as super self conscious of my belly (pre pregnancy). Enjoy the heck out of all things pregnancy and try not to dwell on the crappy parts... I save that for the bump posts! Also looking forward to seeing my DH as a dad. I know he will rock it and I do fear the kids will like and bond more with him than me. 

• Options

Bwahahaha nothing like trying to pick something you have never used and have no clue how to use! 

The best part about being on this board is seeing over and over again that I’m not the only one in whatever boat.  Seriously. I have no clue on this one, and I dread starting to look.  It’s worse than finding daycare. 
  • Options

How are you doing?

Not too bad. Still get MS and ready for it to be over. Sleepiness is slowly going away. 

No appts this week. next appt is March 27. I'll have blood drawn to check my sugars but other than that it will be a normal appt. Should be able to hear heartbeat on dopler. 

Nope. Just ready for the time to fly. I don't terribly love pregnancy. Growing a baby...awesome. But, pregnancy sucks. 

Finding out gender and the baby actually coming out lol . 

Small AW. We had "big sis" photos done. They turned out so great. 

Me 32 and DH 40

Fur-baby named Bella

1 MC Nov. 2013

DD born Nov. 2, 2014

Little 2 EDD Oct. 1 

• Options

@krgriffin26 great pictures! she is precious!

• Options
    @krgriffin26 Verrrrrry cute! Is she happy/excited? The last picture looks a bit pouty  :D
  • Options
    @norahkate
     @stithof
    She was mad because her stuffed cat was on a different bench and I told her not to move lmao. Made for a perfect picture though. 

Me 32 and DH 40

Fur-baby named Bella

1 MC Nov. 2013

DD born Nov. 2, 2014

Little 2 EDD Oct. 1 

• Options
    @krgriffin26 - it is a great picture. She is adorable. 
  • Options
    @krgriffin26 Truly precious! <3
  • Options

Also considering calling insurance to see what my breast pump options are so I can research and pick the one I think I will like the most. Bwahahaha nothing like trying to pick something you have never used and have no clue how to use! Online reviews and the bump here I come! Also other basic questions. 

@SweetSweetTooth
    My insurance told me to call at 30 weeks I think? something like that. It was towards the end. They gave me 3 options of pumps and I looked them up before choosing one. I also talked with other moms to see which ones they recommended. 

Me 32 and DH 40

Fur-baby named Bella

1 MC Nov. 2013

DD born Nov. 2, 2014

Little 2 EDD Oct. 1 

• Options
    @SweetSweetTooth picking a breast pump was so confusing! I ended up going with the Medela Pump in Style. However, I have heard wonderful things about the Spectra S2. I may switch this time if all my medela stuff is compatible. Otherwise, I will just get a 2nd Pump in Style and use my old one as a back up. 
  • Options
    Doing: I am doing well. I officially hit 10 weeks on Monday and it’s exciting to be in double digit weeks. I thought nausea was going away and I felt great the past two days, but it was back in full
    force this afternoon. Thankfully I have still not vomited, though.

This week: I have my 10 week screen appointment on Friday! 

Questions: I am in a wedding next month. Thankfully I ordered the dress a couple sizes larger than normal, but it is too big. How close to the wedding should I wait to get it altered? I don’t want to get it altered too early and then pop with a bump closer to the wedding!

Looking forward to: Spilling the secret! Other than my husband, I haven’t told anyone yet and I can’t wait to share with our family and friends! Other than that, I have no idea what to expect! 

• Options

How are you doing?

Good today! I had a really rough last week/weekend due to being hospitalized with a perforated ulcer. Feeling much better now though and I feel like my nausea is finally under control  

Nothing this week. Follow up U/S on Monday next week to check on baby post-hospital stay

I am going to be moving DS1 and DS2 into the same room and I'm excited to see their bond grow 

BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Options
    @Gizmo1231 - Oh no!  I’m so sorry to hear that!  I had missed seeing you, and an glad you are back!