September 2018 Moms
Options

Appointments week of March 5th

Any upcoming appointments? How did they go? Any questions or concerns?

Re: Appointments week of March 5th

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Had my 12 week appt yesterday. Dr couldn't find the heartbeat (could for a split second) with the dopler so then she brought in a tiny little ultrasound and we could see the baby and the flicker of the heartbeat. Super nervous in that 30 seconds, but felt relieved when we could see the baby. Dr said that 12 weeks it's still so little so it's not uncommon not to be able to hear it with the doppler. 
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @BostonBaby1 Thanks! She's very comfortable and does a lot of them, assuming dangerous complications don't appear later. I'm also going to be meeting monthly with a great VBAC/gentle c section OB as well, similar to the idea of meeting with both a regular doc and an MFM for high risk mommas, so that if I end up in pre term labor again, or placenta previa or anything else that makes home birth and/or vaginal birth unsafe I will still have someone that I know.

And congrats! Sounds like things are going smooth, which is a blessing!

ETA because spelling and bump ate my last sentence.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    NT scan bright and early tomorrow morning! Need my in-laws to babysit DS on Friday morning when we go to our home inspection, so we're going to bring him along with us. As much as I do want DH to come with me since this is an important appointment, I'm actually looking forward to having some non-exciting appointments over the next few months that I'll feel comfortable going to alone. It's just such a hassle to bring DS to this office that ALWAYS has loooong wait times.
    Engaged 12/2013
    Married 5/2015
    BFP 11/27/2015 - EDD 8/4/2016
    <3 Baby Boy born 8/13/2016 ~ 8lbs 7oz  <3
    BFP 1/6/2018 - EDD 9/19/2018

• Options
    I have my NT scan and first ob appointment tomorrow. I was stressed to begging with, but life is just really throwing a shitstorm at us: my cfDNA results didn’t come back so I took the test again and waiting again; I came down with a totally sudden, no warning at all, stomach virus yesterday and while I’ve been feeling better I’ve barely eaten any food in 24 hours and still feel like crap; my husband took our toddler to the doc today after daycare and it turns out she has conjunctivitis and a double ear infection. She’s miserable, so no school tomorrow.

So now I’m going to have to go to the NT scan alone, and I’m so worried. And of course a massive storm is supposed to be coming in so I’ll likeky have to drive home in the snow.
  • Options
    @MandyMost I sorry to your husband can’t make it to your scan. Mine had to miss my dating ultrasound because he was home with our sick toddler and I was so nervous. Good luck tomorrow!

• Options
    @MandyMost (((creepy Hugs))) Fx the storm doesn’t hit too hard. Are you near me? We all had that viral gastritis. Not pleasant. And poor baby. That just sounds like a lot for a toddler.
  • Options
    I have my 10 week appointment on Friday! Looking forward to it!
  • Options
    @MandyMost - I'm sorry your H can't go with you :-( Sending all the vibes for a lovely and uneventful appointment!

Engaged 12/2013
    Married 5/2015
    BFP 11/27/2015 - EDD 8/4/2016
    <3 Baby Boy born 8/13/2016 ~ 8lbs 7oz  <3
    BFP 1/6/2018 - EDD 9/19/2018

• Options
    @MandyMost is there any way that another family member can go with you? my husband couldn't get off for the 8 week appt so our aunt went with me instead. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thanks all. @BostonBaby1 yes, near you! And @smsaulino if I had notice to have someone come with me I’m sure it would have worked out, but everyone in my family works so they’d have to call in sick, which I just can’t ask them to do. I’m just North of Boston and my entire family is South of Boston, so it makes sporadic things like this tough with traffic etc, never mind the nor’easter we’re getting today. 
  • Options
    @MandyMost So far so good with the weather in town! Fx. @dc918 PGAL is always tough. Glad you feel a little bit better. @yogapants247 Awesome!!! 
  • Options
    @dc918. So glad your scan went Well!  What a relief!!
  • Options
    @dc918 Great news!!
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    @Patience7150 were you expecting this at all? I imagine that's tough to digest, I'm sorry you're in for a rough ride! I hope things go better than expected though, will be keeping you in my thoughts ❤.
  • Options
    stothistothi member
    edited March 2018
    @Patience7150 what's PAPP-A?
    My midwife is going to have me take baby aspirin since I had severe pre-e last time and I'm going to have to do growth scans too. No one has said anything about how long I'll be allowed to stay pregnant but from what I've been seeing and hearing I don't think I'll be allowed to go over 39 weeks either. 

Eta: Google says it's a pregnancy serum? I've never heard of it before. Does everyone get tested for it?
  • Options
    Had my 12 week appt yesterday. Dr couldn't find the heartbeat (could for a split second) with the dopler so then she brought in a tiny little ultrasound and we could see the baby and the flicker of the heartbeat. Super nervous in that 30 seconds, but felt relieved when we could see the baby. Dr said that 12 weeks it's still so little so it's not uncommon not to be able to hear it with the doppler. 
    The same thing happened to me (I am 10 weeks) we were able to hear it at 8 weeks so I was freaking out but thankfully my OB snuck me into the ultrasound room to easy my worries! Glad you were able to see your little one :)

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• Options
    @Patience7150 sorry about your news :( but it seems like your OB is on top of things and everything will be closely monitored which is great!

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• Options
    @Patience7150 fx for an uneventful pregnancy from here on out!
  • Options
    Holy moly.  @Patience7150. Sounds like you are going to be a busy lady with all those appointments! (((Hugs)))
  • Options
    @Patience7150 I’m so glad your OB sounded optimistic. That is scary. Hopefully the frequent monitering will help you know everything is okay throughout the pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @Patience7150 I’m glad they’re on top of things. Sorry for the scare and I hope you’re like all the ther patients with a normal pregnancy.
  • Options
    @Patience7150, glad that your OB seems to be on top of things.  Hope that despite the need for increased monitoring, the rest of your pregnancy proves to be uneventful.
  • Options
    I had my urology appointment today. I may have a cyst in the pelvic right kidney. Follow up ultrasound and appointment in one month. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @smsaulino doesn’t sound like they were overly worried about it at this time. Hopefully the appointment in a month will go well.