June 2018 Moms
Options

You know what really grinds my gears!?! (w/o 2/26)

A day late but what are your rants this week?

*TW LC*
Me & MH: 32
DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
TTC #2: 12/2019
Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

Re: You know what really grinds my gears!?! (w/o 2/26)

• Options
    The dog woke up at about 3:30 whining so I got up and let her outside and went to the bathroom myself. I tried to fall back asleep but I tossed and turned for a long time. Then the dog started whining again and continued almost all night. She wants to come into the bed with us but there just isn't room and I don't want to start the habit now if there will potentially be a baby there in 4-5 months. I think she is upset because we moved the guest bed that was in the bedroom across the hall to the downstairs guest bedroom so we can make it into the nursery and she used to sleep on that bed. Give me all of the coffee. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    Crap, I revived the other rants thread accidentally. Sigh.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @krashke awh poor pup, and poor you! 
  • Options
    @aharv77 I'm going through a similar issue right now, too. DH is working o/t nearly every day, but he's also been going to the gym every day, usually after dinner, during baths/bedtime, which leaves me getting the kids ready for bed by myself and getting them ready in the mornings by myself.  I feel like I am doing everything, which I know is not entirely true, but it's getting so hard not to yell at him all the time.
  • Options
    Meanwhile, DH won’t ask me where the thing is he’s looking for, and that drives me nuts. He’ll wake up at 5 or 6am, put all the lights on and rummage noisily through his drawers while I shout “WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR??” until he finally gives up and tells me at which point I tell him it’s in the dirty clothes. 
  • Options
    Austenista  Austenista member
    edited February 2018
    If someone dumped out my purse and stuffed everything back in, that alone would give me the eye twitch. My husband just calmly brings me my own purse to rummage through if I tell him something is in my bag. He knows not to awaken the dragon lady. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Austenista I wanted to cut him. I felt all. the. rage.
  • Options
    +1 to the Hubby with no searching capabilities. The challenge is though, I literally can tell him down to the section of the drawer, exactly where everything is. I just can't stand him rummaging!  So I enable.

On top of that he takes FOREVER to get going on things. 

This morning, DD decided to use the potty, so off come the pyjamas, and diaper. And I am doing her hair... 
    DH is on the computer browsing through something, sitting next to the clean laundry... so I say... "hey, pick out an outfit so we can transition straight from potty to clothes, and get her ready for daycare." Because, let's be honest, with a toddler, you need to keep the momentum going, if she puts pyjamas back on you are getting a fight. 

10 minutes later, I still have a naked 2 yo,  with a sweet braid,  who I am distracting while DH has looked even more at the computer, got a glass of water, let the dogs in, checked for the cat outside 2 times, checked his phone in the kitchen, and wandered searching for a clean diaper. I am literally waiting to have him take her from me so I can escape and have a shower without an audience. He has the day off today. And has zero pre-emptive planning to avoid toddler meltdown skills. SHEESH!
    Mama to a wonderful DD - Sep 2015, Wife to my DH since 2011, 2 dogs, a cat, and hoping to add No. 2 in May/June 2018. Canadian.
    5 - IUIs, 3 - IVF retrievals, 2- failed transfers (fresh, and frozen), PGS on second IVF resulted in 1 perfect emby, and DD. 
    3rd IVF w PGS resulted in 3! perfect embys. 1st transfer - Sep 2017 2 more on ice. 
  • Options
    @rnielsen321 DH is like that, too. I'll ask him to do something to help out and he'll have selective hearing, or he'll ask how he was supposed to know DD was going to react to a situation. Sometimes I just wanna say, "Look, pal. I'm not a mind-reader either, but this isn't rocket science. See the situation and assess, then follow-through. If I have to ask for your help, I am probably already pissed, so just do what I asked you to do for the love of Pete!!!"
  • Options
    @bearmoons people say SUCH inappropriate things to pregnant ladies. I’m sorry. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @elsie42 people are ridiculous, like seriously I can't roll my eyes hard enough at that. 

@bearmoons comments on the belly are bad enough but he really said your face is filling out?! Like who would think that's a good thing to say to someone? Not sure why people assume because a woman is pregnant that makes it ok to comment on her body... the only thing I say to a pregnant woman about her appearance is "you look great!" 
  • Options
    @bearmoons oh this is a gear grinder for me for sure! I just told DH last night on our walk that I hate that phrase, "ready to pop". Idk it feels incredibly invasive, rude and grotesque you me. It's like you'd never tell an over weight person that so why do you feel the need to tell someone creating a baby that? Idk about you but I'm already self conscious and hormonal and I'd rather people said nothing one way or another about my growing body. Like them telling you does any good! So sorry you had to hear this, I thought you looked great in HDBD :)
  • Options
    @2589 I know....just amazing. 
  • Options
    @lrichhx05 i know, right? Has my face changed that much since I saw him like a week ago? haha. 
    @stephcat421 thanks :) I like to see that all of us are looking good and clearly our bodies know what they are doing- and everyone carries so differently, which makes it even worse that people feel like they can comment. I wish I was allowed to respond with a similarly awful reply, hahaha. 
  • Options
    catlady1215catlady1215 member
    edited February 2018
    @bearmoons your face is filling out?! Like someone said, comments on the belly are one thing. But other parts of the body? Completely not ok. Like, hey my ass has grown ALOT, want to comment on that also? (That's me. Not you. I don't know the size of your ass before or during pregnancy :D )

my 1st pregnancy, it was the last month or so of my pregnancy. I was getting into an elevator at work and this guy I sorta work with... in a round about way... but never talk to, got on also. And basically called me fatty. I can't remember his exact words but fatty was involved. I was wtf?!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @bearmoons I literally was coming here to complain about the same thing!  It's been so bad this week!!

At my appointment yesterday I realized that I only had 4 or 5 more pounds left before I hit max recommended weight gain for my BMI so I'm already feeling down about that.  So, the universe has decided to pile on rude comments on top of feeling bad enough about weight gain.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @krashke haha!

@catlady1215 yes. My face. However after some thinking, I think it was a compliment? He is Indian, and a coworker mentioned he may have meant it as a good sign. Idk

@sabby2 just focus on being as healthy as you can be. Your body knows what it needs to do. If you're only eating chips and ice cream, maybe not the best, but if you're doing like 80-85% healthy foods, you're doing great. Remember that all these stats and recommendations are just that. They are based on large averages across entire populations. You're one single person so don't put too much pressure on yourself or you'll a)make yourself crazy/upset; b) (could) make the rest of your pregnancy more difficult. Before all these stats, women did just fine making babies! (Also, my weight is creeping up and I'm trying sooooo hard not to care too much!)
  • Options
    My DH has put me in the worst mood this morning. He came whipping into our room while I was getting dressed (& dealing with DD who went to bed last night at 10:45 and was awake by 5:50 this AM) and waving this piece of paper around frantically at me and telling me that “we” (i.e. me) need to get this in the mail today. DUDE. A- the paper your waving around is just a cover letter. The actual form, renewal fee and copy of your contractor license went out in the mail YESTERDAY when you asked me the first time. B- the deadline is May 1st anyways so it’s not like we need to be in a panic over this. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @2589 Don't you just love the "we" talk? I sure hope you told him that "we" don't need to do anything because you are the bomb.com!
  • Options
    @2589 MH was the same this week. I think he went into nesting mode and cleaned out the office and organized all the paperwork and the stuff in the safe and then gave me a stack of things that "I need to take care of this week" I was like "ummm scuse me?" and then had to explain to him the status of all of the things and that I'm not just being lazy. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    izza2izza2 member
    @elsie42 - I'm snort laughing, but I really shouldn't be.
    I always forget to get my car inspected, and frequently end up going once it's overdue, like 10-14 days later.
    But I've never gotten angry when I couldn't just bring my car somewhere and have it inspected right then and there. :lol:

Ah, people.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    @amys614 sorry you're going through that. I would hope that if your BF knows what is going on with your family that he would be a bit more cognizant about his behavior. I hope you can find some peace. Maybe a relaxing bath or treat yourself to a mani/pedi or massage.  
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @amys614 Just like I have always wished you could give men a one day experience of being a currently menstruating woman, I wish more than anything sometimes I could just grant DH the experience of being super pregnant for one day. Just one. 
  • Options
    @amys614 I'm sorry you're dealing with that. ((hugs))
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @amys614 and then we get upset it’s “just because of hormones”... um,  no I’m actually upset because you did something that’s making me upset, just that the hormones make it feel so many times worse. I’m sorry that it’s been a tough couple of days for you too. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies  <3

@krashke yeah he was all nice about everything telling me to get some rest, I love you, you gotta take care of yourself, everything will be ok, but I guess he got his ego hurt when his solutions didn't "fix" my problem and gave up. 

@2589 exactlllllly. I'm not just a crazy ball of hormones. Sometimes it's true that you are just being an asshat. Just own it!