August 2018 Moms
Options

TMI Tuesday 27-Feb

Re: TMI Tuesday 27-Feb

• Options
    I can’t stop peeing and my vagina is sore from all of the wiping. UTIs are awful. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Flying and sitting in work meetings all day is gonna be fun. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can’t stop peeing and my vagina is sore from all of the wiping. UTIs are awful. 
    I’m on number 3. I started doing some digging and even though I am considered a chronic UTI person all the time, I never get them back to back to back. But apparently there is a condition where B2B UTI’s is pregnancy is a thing. And I’ve only used macrobid, which is the “only safe antibiotic” for pregnant people but I’m starting to think this particular UTI is resilient to it. I go back to doctor on Friday. Hopefully, we can figure something out. OVER IT!!
  • Options
    I really really hate being so constipated. I am actually debating taking my metformin just because it gives me the poops and I might feel better. 

On the way opposite spectrum I really want a lot of sex right now, but I also want sleep and me and the hubs work opposite schedules. I am third shift so I go to bed when he gets home and he is day shift. Sleep is sadly winning out at the moment.
  • Options
    @dirtanddiamonds and @calimom2524 I am sorry you are both suffering with that right now. I used to get them tons when I was younger and ended up with surgery to correct it. Hope you can find some relief soon.
  • Options
    The only TMI for me is that I'm really in the mood and my husband says he's wore out. Hmph. 

For the chronic UTI sufferers, look into D-mannose powder. It's the "active ingredient" in cranberry juice, only much more concentrated, and is safe for pregnant folks. My SIL swears by it and introduced me to it, as she's had so many UTI's over the years that she's actually now allergic to some of the antibiotics they've used on her. Her young daughter apparently has the same problem now, so she drinks it in her morning juice and it's cut down her UTI's significantly. It works by coating your bladder and then attracting and binding to the harmful bacteria in your bladder, allowing them to be flushed out, rather than letting them settle and have a party. 

The brand I use is Clear Tract, but I'd think any brand would work. There's capsules or the powder, which I use (because I don't want another damn pill in my day). It smells vaguely like maple syrup, but once you mix it in water or juice there's no residue, odor, or flavor. 
  • Options
    I’m on number 3. I started doing some digging and even though I am considered a chronic UTI person all the time, I never get them back to back to back. But apparently there is a condition where B2B UTI’s is pregnancy is a thing. And I’ve only used macrobid, which is the “only safe antibiotic” for pregnant people but I’m starting to think this particular UTI is resilient to it. I go back to doctor on Friday. Hopefully, we can figure something out. OVER IT!!
    My OB put me on Keflex yesterday and I already feel relief. It’s not gone but definitely better! 

• Options
    I wore workout pants yesterday that I failed to wash since the last time I worked out in them the other day. >.< 
  • Options
    UTIs are the worst!!! Cranberry juice is supposed to help the urethra be slippery and less plan? Good luck to you girls. 

My progesterone suppositories are making me feel like a wet, gross mess. Ugh
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • Options
    @neeraja_k  LOL my husband told me I am an interesting pregnant lady because though I am in a generous amount of pain, I still want to do it like all the time.  I can't help it hahaha  Hormones.
  • Options
    @hoodwink89 @neeraja_k +1 for really in the mood but being tired or my DH being worn out. Hopefully soon things line up again. 
  • Options
    I ate asparagus last night. When I went to pee, I damn near puked on myself because the smell was so bad. Why does a veggie that taste so good, have such a bad after smell? UGH! 
  • Options
    LMAO @ssthomps  Not funny in the moment I am sure!
  • Options
    @ssthomps ROFL! I ate asparagus yesterday too! It's so delicious. 
  • Options
    LMAO @ssthomps  Not funny in the moment I am sure!
    I definitely won’t be eating asparagus for the rest of the pregnancy. My sense of smell is torturous. 
  • Options
    I threw up in the shower last night. In the middle of my shower. Then got out and almost peed down my leg while throwing up in the toilet. Flushed the toilet, sat down to pee, and started dry heaving while peeing. 

I don’t think I have a stomach bug because I’m generally ok unless something triggers me to start gagging. But that can be any smell, the sight of something gross, or even getting phlegm stuck in my throat. 
  • Options
    hoodwink89hoodwink89 member
    edited February 2018
    @melprop the phlegm is the worst! It is everyday for me. My doc says extra phlegm is one of those wonderful things that come with pregnancy! 
  • Options
    @melprop  I am so sorry you are so sick!! I hope it passes for you soon!
  • Options
    My TMI: I actually love the smell of asparagus pee. And DH and I report on our "stinky pee" to each other after we eat it.
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Options
    @ssthomps I get it. There is nothing worse than trying to pee while trying to not throw up until you’re done peeing. 

To all of you, thank you for the kind words & support. I feel like I bitch about the ms constantly, but I honestly have thrown up more since Christmas than in my entire adult life. I’m just hoping I’m not sick my entire pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @melprop don't you worry lady!  If it makes you feel better to vent about it - this is the place.  If I were you, I wouldn't even be functioning to post but I have a phobia about that stuff.  I'd be curled up in a ball not even attempting to work or live life haha
  • Options

According to what I've read, some people are unable to smell asparagus pee, either their own or others, due to genetic variations that don't give them the smell receptors to detect it, and others may be unable to produce the aroma. https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/why-asparagus-makes-your-urine-smell-49961252/
  • Options
    I wasn't going to post because I am super embarrassed but my lady business is on fire. I am sweating like crazy down there! I am pretty much warm everywhere and really heat up at night but,  down there has been like a furnace.  It doesn't matter if I am wearing thin pants, looses pants, tight pants, no pants. I am so grossed out by it. 
  • Options
    @scottishlass1213 I’m really glad I’m subbing right now! I can opt to put in non-work days when I feel really horrible, like today, and I don’t have to take any work home with me.
  • Options
    @shri929 Ugh me too on the progesterone suppositories. I've had weeks during this pregnancy where it felt like a water slide down there and the progesterone just adds another level to it! I've gone through so many pantiliners it's insane. 
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

• Options
    @hoodwink89 try magnesium! Helps for headaches and also constipation and also safe while pg. I just stopped taking my metformin but I kinda miss how much it does make me poop lol. 
    Image result for april showers meme

Hello from Detroit!

• Options
    @rocknrrollmom thanks! I will definitely be trying that. I didn't have this issue last time until the third trimester and I have been dealing with it for weeks now.
  • Options
    @neeraja_k That's me! I can't smell asparagus pee. I think mine still smells, but I'm just lucky and can't detect it.
  • Options
    I hate wearing underwear, and while I have a few pairs to wear with skirts and dresses I've been hoping to avoid discharge so I won't be forced to wear them. So far, so good. When I DO wear underwear, my chihuahua tries to eat the crotch out of them if they are left anywhere she can get to. 
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @shri929 Ugh me too on the progesterone suppositories. I've had weeks during this pregnancy where it felt like a water slide down there and the progesterone just adds another level to it! I've gone through so many pantiliners it's insane. 
    Do you know how long you'll have to be on it? I've been on it one day and I'm over it blahyickyuck
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • Options
    @derbysquirrel Ugh, I don't think I couldn't not wear undies during everyday sort of activities, it gets really sweaty down there, never mind the discharge. But I'm definitely Team No Underpants in bed now, just to let everything air out during the night and I feel less gross when I wake up, so there's that. 
  • Options
    I had been doing so good with my colace routine it made me think I could get by without it. Nope! Also--H, DD, and I have had a brutal cold the last couple of weeks. The snissing has been unbelievable! :(
  • Options
    @mrslittlemac I ran out of colace and didn't think it would be a big deal if I skipped a couple of days.  I was wrong. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    shri929 said:
    Do you know how long you'll have to be on it? I've been on it one day and I'm over it blahyickyuck
    Forever and ever lol. At least until the 3rd tri. Probably until closer to delivery. 

Since this is TMI Tuesday, I'm a little jealous of those who don't deal with discharge all the time! I'm quite naturally wet (we have never ever needed lube, which is great lol) but this also means that if I'm not wearing a pantiliner, I feel like my underwear is wet by halfway through the day, much worse during pregnancy (and with the progesterone on top of it). At least it doesn't smell weird or anything!
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

• Options
    I’ll get on this bladder train. 

After two kids if I cough or run or jump on a trampoline I piss myself some. Now that I’m carrying #3 I don’t think the problem is going to get better. I’m seriously considering getting a bladder sling post partum. The other jogger moms I work with swear by them and I’m excited to not randomly piss myself someday! 
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    Baby #1 - January 2010
    Baby #2 - March 2017

• Options
    Ugh me too @elsieisamoocow. Just get me a damn diaper
  • Options
    Dh and I did it last night for the first time since getting pregnant and it hurt. I’m not one of  those pregnant women whose drive amps up during pregnancy. 1st pregnancy we didn’t do it at all and the 2nd we did it once at 8 weeks. Feel sorry for my hubby.
    Married: August 2007
    DD1: Oct 2012
    DD2: Sept 2016
    DC3: Due August 2018