Options

Monday BF 2/26

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Monday BF 2/26

• Options
    Snow Days! WTF is it not a snow day for teachers? If we had students today instead of PD, we wouldn’t be in school. F you, superintendent!

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    My students are actively trying to drive me insane. 

I can't feel distinct kicks yet, but I think my little guy is practicing karate. 

It's the first day back from break and it is dragging. I just want to go home and sleep for the next 12 to 14 hours. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 Hopefully he can get those certifications quickly! Adulting really sucks sometimes! It seems like every time we feel like we are getting ahead something happens. Hopefully you guys will come out of this quickly and not have to dip too far into your savings. 
  • Options
    My BF is with myself. I am SO crabby today and I'm snapping at everyone. I don't even really have a good reason for it. I'm a walking bitch fest. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 Oh no! But I'm glad it seems to be working out very quickly for your husband. 

@calimom2524 It happens. Get yourself a nice big cupcake and coffee on your way home, to make enduring the whole day as a crabby bitch, a bit better. :)

I have two MBF's. 

Nose bleeds. Just, WTF. I feel like I should have had a fun but serious accident looking at the pile of bloody tissues next to me. All I did was blow my nose. 

And for the third damn week, drama llama best friends. I'm almost looking forward to moving away just to end this shit once and for all. And the thought that that's what it actually takes, makes me a sad, angry panda.
  • Options
    @calimom2524 I've been struggling with crabiness too. I've been so tired, stressed, and unmotivated that I keep bitching out my husband about how much we need to get done. Everything I'm saying is true... But it could definitely be done better. And it would help if I stopped procrastinating myself and got some of the things weighing so heavily on me completed. 

I've got 2 research posters to make in the next week, 2 manuscripts to finish that have been pending for months with people breathing down my neck about finishing, a big exam coming up, a ton of notes to write for work, and I'm on call for about the millionth time this year....and all I want to do is paint my nursery.  Tried telling myself that if I get my gross work done, I can do the things I want to do. It hasn't worked the last two weekends though and now deadlines are looming and I need to just push through. Enough BF from me. 
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 Ugh that really sucks about your DH's job. FX he can knock out those certifications, but I know it's a tough situation to go through.

@neeraja_k I'm sorry about your best friend drama. I have a good friend who complains every single day about things going on in her life, but refuses to do anything to change them or speak up for herself. At this point, it makes me not want to be around her because I just don't want to hear it. I feel bad because she is a friend, but after  2 years of nonstop complaining it's just too much. So basically, I sympathize.

My BF is with one of my dogs who got sick at midnight and 1 AM. Not her fault, I'm just exhausted today.
  • Options
    @njsnakehole did you ever get some rest this weekend? 

@mrsbubbles-2 that really sucks hopefully he will get employed quickly. 

@neeraja_k yes I had a friend like this and I had to end that relationship. It is so draining to continue to deal with other people’s issues. 

No Bitch fest from me. I just had Burger King so I am a happy camper. 
  • Options
    I’m at jury duty and apparently they aren’t letting us go to lunch until 1:40 :angry: If they don’t want people to hate jury duty, they should at least try to make it more pleasant. I brought snacks but already ate them all. I usually eat lunch by 11:00. I’m going to be one hangry pregnant lady by 1:40.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    @lalala2004 I am an 11 a.m. luncher, too. 1:40 is absurd!!! 

My BF is with my MIL. I'm still irritated a day later lol. We went to watch DH run a marathon yesterday and it took longer than anticipated (it was his first) I didn't get to eat lunch until 3:30 p.m. when we got back to our side of town. I kept saying I needed to eat (and DS was with us...he's 3). And I was completely ignored. I rode with them so I was stuck. Then MIL kept going on about how all the runners made her feel like a fat tub of lard and that her stomach was as big as mine. Thanks. 
  • Options
    Ladies, thanks so much for the good thoughts and support! If anyone has any awesome budgeting experience I'd love to hear it!

@lalala2004 - UGH! Do they let you take breaks so you can run to a vending machine at least?
    @doctormom33 - you have a LOT on your plate! I'm sorry. I hope everything comes together soon
    @calimom2524 - +1 for hating the world today. I'm so over this week and it's only Monday.

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 my biggest thing is just cut what you can live without. It sounds easy in theory but is not as easy in practice! Also, coupons for groceries. I spend next to nothing on makeup and hair. I know some people need those things but not me! 
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 I'm so sorry!  Hope things pick up for you guys soon!

My BF is my BIL/SIL.  Went to their house Saturday and we get there to learn that 3 year old nephew is napping because he's "sick" and was throwing up all night.  Nope.  Nope you don't tell me that after I get there.  You call me in the morning and tell me so DS and I can stay home.  Cause you know I'm pregnant.  And my son doesn't need that nast either.  You selfish jerk.

So yup, nauseous all day today.  And I have never had MS, so I really don't think it's that. 
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 I like Youneedabudget.com. There's an app too. It can be a bit of a learning curve, but there are lots of tutorials. It really helps to see everywhere you're spending your money and how to budget it.
  • Options
    @livinthesunnylife I would've left as soon as I heard that!   I don't mess around with a stomach bug.
  • Options
    @livinthesunnylife Oh no no no no. That's grounds for immediate turning around and leaving after a serious bitching out. Beyond wasting travel time, no one wants a stomach bug. You call before your guests leave to let them know to not bother coming due to sickness, that's just common sense respect.
  • Options
    @livinthesunnylife oh no, I’d be raging
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • Options
    @livinthesunnylife - ugh, I'm so sorry! I hope you feel better soon. That is so rude, were you able to leave once you found out or were you stuck?

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 I shot DH a death stare and was stuck there 3 hours.  I washed DS's hands like 5x.  I'm so annoyed.  I'm trying to make myself eat a cup o noodles right now because I can tell my blood sugar is low
  • Options
    To preface this BF ... does anyone have a sibling that is like a deadbeat slob?

My sister is 26 and lives with my grandparents. She just lost her latest job. Pays no bills. Morbidly obese. Sleeps all day. Doesn't go anywhere or do anything. I know she has depression and anxiety but something has got to give! My mom is constantly complaining to me about her but I just keep saying everyone is enabling her to keep living the way she is. That is the truth. No one FORCES her to get help or make things work for herself. I try to get her to come do stuff with me all the time and she literally sleeps all day or says she's too depressed. I am clinically diagnosed with GAD and depression so I "get it," but does anyone else have someone like this in their family? What do we do? It's like dealing with an addict. 
  • Options
    @Firemanswife11  not super similar but DH's brother is 33 and is a bum, he's in and out of jail for spice and trespassing that at this point we think he does it on purpose to get some good meals every few months.  He's had countless opportunities and chances to go to school, get his life together but has blown them so many times that DH's dad has given up.  At one point he stole from his grandmother.  He's pretty much homeless I think.  He'll get a job in a restaurant that will last a couple weeks then nothing.  It's such a waste.

I assume your grandparents wouldn't kick her out?
  • Options
    Coming home from a cruise today and mad because the counter top guys installed the kitchen island top wrong so they have to come back and redo it and then the contractor for everything else got stuck out of town so is missing today so we don’t have the knobs on the cabinets yet. And we can’t start putting away things till that’s done and and still don’t have a dishwasher or running water. First world problem, I know. But it’s been about 6 weeks and I’m ready for my dream kitchen!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @scottishlass1213 No, but my gosh, they're like 88 and 87...they're not going to live forever. What upsets me so much is they have a lot of money and live in a beautiful home but she's literally trashed her part of the place. They're going to have to like gut the room she "lives in" when she finally leaves. Or it'll probably devalue the house. 
  • Options
    @Firemanswife11 My brother is almost 30 and an alcoholic, but he refuses to get help. My parents were paying for him to be in an apartment close to his school so he could finish because he only had a year left. Turns out he stopped going to classes last February and didn't tell anybody until a month before he should have graduated. My parents were mad, but instead of telling him to figure it out, they're letting him and his girlfriend move in with them. No jobs and no motivation to do anything. I know the addiction is behind some of his lack of motivation, but honestly he's always been lazy and my mom has always enabled him. It really sucks being the responsible child, but I don't know what to do about it either.
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 that sucks he lost his job, but awesome he had one lined up already! 

@Firemanswife11 it sucks sister is like that. I can only imagine how hard that would be. But at a certain point if they are unwilling or unable really to accept help then you may need to set some boundaries, with her and your mom and even your grandparents. Doesn’t make it any easier but maybe it would take up less space in your head if you know what I mean.

@livinthesunnylife oh no. That would not fly with me. Who doesn’t let someone know in general, let alone someone that has another little kid and and pregnant!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @scottishlass1213 No, but my gosh, they're like 88 and 87...they're not going to live forever. What upsets me so much is they have a lot of money and live in a beautiful home but she's literally trashed her part of the place. They're going to have to like gut the room she "lives in" when she finally leaves. Or it'll probably devalue the house. 
    What about your mom? When the unfortunate happens with your grandparents - will she continue to enable it?  To be honest, even when the enabling stops the actions of your sister may not stop.  It's not like the lack of money and support my IL's have given my BIL has helped him wise up.  Obviously, your sister has different issues though and I know each situation is different.
  • Options
    @scottishlass1213 My mom and stepdad literally moved an hour and a half away to "get away" from her. In a way they still totally enable her. "Oh, can't pay your car insurance this month because you needed that designer purse? No big deal, we got it." And my poor stepdad lost his job when the company he worked for cut their workforce down significantly. It's unfair all around. 

See, I have considered letting her live with us but not putting up with this stupid bullcrap. She wouldn't have locks on her door, she'd have to share a bathroom, very minimal closet space, required to pay rent or get kicked out. But that would all add so much stress to my life! If she could even be trusted to stay awake when babysitting she could be a live-in nanny of sorts but no, she is like a narcoleptic person! Ahh! Sorry, I am taking over. I was just needing some place to vent. 
  • Options
    @Firemanswife11 Ugh, what a mess, and I sympathize. We had a friend live with us for nearly two years after falling on hard times. She struggled with horrible bipolar depression/anxiety, that I know is hell on it's own. Despite the fact that she held down a full time job and did pay us a small rent and was on medication, she eventually needed to go. She was an absolute slob...walking in her room was disgusting, and you could literally walk across the floor and never touch the hardwood floor for all of the "stuff". And she expected me to clean up after her because I was a SAHW and did all the stuff around here. Yeah, how about no.

I did clean her room and bathroom from top to bottom once after the smell of unwashed laundry/rotting food/trashcan full of used feminine products started to creep into the rest of the house. Granted I'm not a stellar housekeeper by any means and it's often more cluttered than I'd like, but I have my limits. Eventually I told her, "You're a 36 year old woman, I shouldn't have to tell another adult to clean up after themselves, but here we are. Either take care of your own stuff, or move out. I'm not your goddamn maid." 

I'd say she needs professional medical help and counselling, because all of the molly-coddling in the world isn't going to help. And you're absolutely right, it's just enabling her and it's making it worse by reinforcing what she's doing is okay, when it's clearly not okay by those around her. My friend eventually got to counselling and speaking with a therapist which I think did way more good to getting her out of the broken thought processes that kept her in the rut, than the medication ever did on its own. 

Hugs, and I wish you guys luck. :(
  • Options
    @Firemanswife11 don’t let her move in! It’s so sad though. We’re talking about going to Florida for Xmas but meeting the IL’s on the other side because then we can avoid BIL since he would have no means to get there lol
  • Options
    @neeraja_k that sounds very much like what would happen if I let my sister move in. What a mess! I once went in her room and she had one of those economy-sized black trashbags FILLED to the brim with stuff from who knows how long ago.
    @Scottishlass1213 I'm not going to! And I totally get what you mean, it's sad but sometimes you gotta do things like that to avoid bigger problems! 
  • Options
    windywomanwindywoman member
    edited February 2018

@Firemanswife11 I have a family member who was basically allowed to either do nothing, lie, steal, do drugs etc. with no care for anyone else.  He continued to act that way because everyone let him. Family would lend him money and act like everything was ok and that his behavior was normal. Finally I just stopped talking to him and told my family I was done and that I reached my "bottom" with him because he obviously doesn't have one. Luckily he seems to be on the right path now. But sometimes you have to just walk away or step back for your own peace. I am sure that your sister having some mental health issues complicates things but, as @neeraja_k said coddling her is only enabling bad behavior making everything worse. It is kind of like giving her a "free pass" to do what she wants.  Sending you hugs and I hope you can find some sort of solution or peace. 

ETA: Bump kept cutting off half the post
  • Options
    @Firemanswife11
    This is similar to my 20 yo step daughter. She's still young, and I'm hoping she can turn it around, but it's hard to stay optimistic. When DH cracked down on her behavior she threw a fit and cried to Grandma and Grandpa. She's been freeloading off of them ever since, and while they complain about her constantly, they continue to allow her to do whatever she wants and not have any responsibility. I doubt much will change since she has no reason to do anything differently so long as people keep enabling her. 
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My mom's older sister is like that. Lives with my grandpa, her own son wants nothing to do with her. She's morbidly obese, didn't finish school, and has never had a job- she just lives off of my grandpa. Yet she still thinks it's cool to lecture me about how I'm living my life. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    @livinthesunnylife oh hellll no, I would be so pissed. I hope it's just a little touch of morning sickness and not whatever the kid was sick with. 

@Firemanswife11 I can't even imagine. On one hand, yeah it sounds like she really is struggling with a disorder of some sort that she should get treatment for, but if everyone keeps enabling her, she will never get that done and never learn. Definitely don't let her live with you. Even with boundaries, that would add way too much stress in. 

My MBF is that I hate the house prices in SoCal. It's absolutely insane. We really need a bigger house by the time this baby arrives, and a yard. We are currently in a 2 bedroom 2 bath 1100 sq foot townhouse. We need at least 4 bedrooms, ideally 5 though, so we could have an office and a guest room, but the guest room is an absolute must. Unfortunately, to get 4 bedrooms and over 2000sq feet, in a good school district, it's at least 650k. More if you want a decent sized yard. It's so frustrating. And DH doesn't seem to quite understand how stressed out it's making me. We had only planned on staying in our townhouse for 2-3 years, but extended that to "whenever we want to have another baby" - well that time is here and approaching really quickly. I really would rather not live here forever because it's too damn hot and the people around here suck, not to mention the terrible drivers and traffic, but I'd rather stay here another 5 years to find a bigger house and move before baby, instead of waiting until after baby and trying to move out of state then. No way am I leaving my amazing OB before then though. /end rant. 
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

• Options
    @elsieisamoocow omg that is insane! I remember when we sold our 1,200 sf home in Texas in 2014 for $135k, I had Cali friends amazed at the price. It was cheap looking back, but I also couldn't have imagined spending more in 2011 when we bought it, even though it was brand new and on half an acre. (Prices here have gone up a lot since). We sold our 2nd house last year for $195k and made a $50k profit on it and we didn't even do anything to it. I am honestly scared of our home values going up like California's! I cannot imagine spending $650k on what we currently live in. Ever. That's a mansion here. 
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @Firemanswife11 Wahhhhhhhhhhh $195k would be a dream! Our townhouse (with no yard at all, just 2 balconies and a 2 car garage) was 305. When at the same time, my parents' house in CO which is 2200sq feet with a basement and 3/4 acre yard, 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, and one of the best school districts in the state, was worth about 250. Now theirs is closer to 400 because CO's prices have skyrocketed, but man, it kills me. 650k SHOULD be a mansion! 
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

• Options
    @elsieisamoocow I am worried we will be in the same boat when #2 comes around, we want to stay in our condo (2/2 and 1000 sq ft) as long as possible because all the homes in the school district we want are like at least that high and that's if you are willing to reno. DH doesn't want to reno really in which case we are looking at closer to $1-1.2 mill, and I'd have to pay down my student loans a lot in 2 years for the debt to income ratio to work. I would love to move into a house now and then worry about moving into the school district in 5 years for Kinder but DH is anti moving twice. It's stressful and annoying. This is what the baby's room currently looks like:

*TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Options
    Ugh @elsieisamoocow house prices in NorCal aren’t much better. I was looking into renting when my dad threw his fit and there’s no way I could afford what I’d need for my three kids and myself! A two bedroom apartment is no less than $2500 per month and that’s like the bare minimum in a crappy neighborhood. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers