Babies on the Brain
Options

Sunday Funday

Trying out a new idea just for....fun! Hoping it will give us something more to chat about and maybe help us get rid of the Sunday blues by focusing on the more exciting parts of the week. 

What was something fun you did this weekend?

What is something you are looking forward to in the upcoming week? 

Re: Sunday Funday

• Options
    What was something fun you did this weekend? H and I went to a winery and brewery with some friends yesterday afternoon.

What is something you are looking forward to in the upcoming week? I can’t believe it’s going to be March!! Looking forward to visiting family next weekend that we haven’t seen since Christmas.
  • Options
    This weekend: Had friends over for board games last night. Played Settlers of Catan, Taboo, and Code Names. 

Upcoming week: *TW newborn mentioned* my coworker/friend that is on maternity leave is coming into town tomorrow so we can hang out and I can have new baby snuggles! 

@dogmomma271 I wish we hade more breweries/wineries here. Sounds like a delicious day! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What was something fun you did this weekend? Went to a local run distillery and then to a friend’s party at their airplane hangar, which was a lot of fun.

What is something you are looking forward to in the upcoming week? On Tuesday I go to a wine seminar with some friends, so I get to learn and drink lots of different wines!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    @JLaVO888 I have several pregnant coworkers but none that I’m close enough with that they would bring their newborns over to snuggle... super jealous! I need some baby snuggles in my life.

@meggyme A wine seminar sounds awesome!!
  • Options
    @dogmomma271 winery and brewery sounds awesome!! Have a good time with your family!

@JLaVO888 *TW newborn* enjoy the newborn snuggles!! I'm so jealous!!

@meggyme have fun at the wine seminar! DH and I have done a Wine 101 class at our favorite Wine Merchant here. They've got a Sensory class that I really want to do, it focuses on the different flavors and scents of wine and how to distinguish them.

*TW kid for the rest of my post*
    What was something fun you did this weekend? 
    We had my sons second birthday yesterday! I made a cake and icing from scratch and am thrilled that it turned out well!! Tasted good AND looked good!! DH and I were pretty worn out today, haha. 

What is something you are looking forward to in the upcoming week?
    DSs actual birthday is Wednesday. We're taking him to Legoland and then a place called Fritz's for dinner. A train delivers the food! 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    I love everyone of you has mentioned something alcohol related as your idea of fun! My kind of crowd. 

@meggyme Airplane hanger party?! Sound so awesome. 

@dogmomma271

Dhe is already 2 months old actually. I got to snuggle her when she was about a week old but havnt seen them since because I had been so germy with flu stuff. I’m so happy to be healthy again so I can see them! 
  • Options
    @CecilB93 they had a class like that recently, but the friend I was going with had to cancel. I think this one goes through a certain area in France.
  • Options
    @meggyme please do tell what an airplane hanger party is like. That sounds really cool. 

Something fun we did this weekend was just getting out of the house. My area has had snow&ice off/on for a week, so it was nice for it to be gone. We browsed some box stores and had lunch out. 

I’m looking forward to driving to the next big city over (about 2 hrs) in the middle of the week. One of my sisters is flying in briefly and as much family as possible will be driving from across the state to try to all catch dinner together. Depending on work/weather I might also make it a brief overnight/“slumber party” w/ a friend who lives there. Not sure, about the details since this will all be on a Wednesday. 
  • Options
    @tumbleweed-1 our friends have a plane and a hangar at the local executive airport so they had a bunch of chili and drinks and they and some of their friends brought out the little single engine planes and took people for rides.