October 2018 Moms
Options

Unplanned pregnancy- Anyone?

We have a cute family of 4. We have a 5 year old girl and a 2 year old boy and now this unexpected surprise. We didnt want anymore but we had a "little accident" so now we're here. I dont even know how to tell my family. We will love this baby like crazy but im so scared. Anyone in a similar situation?

Re: Unplanned pregnancy- Anyone?

• Options
    Yes! Only I have a 17, 15, and ‘surprise baby’ who just turned 3. This new baby is a little accident also. Oops.
  • Options
    Accident here as well. But we weren't being super smart with protection so not much of a surprise. I'm just worried about money because we already pay 765 a month for my two year old in daycare, I'm the main breadwinner of the family but I'll have to take time off and there is no full paid leave offered by my job. So it'll be tight, but we're also glad we messed up, we wanted a second but always thought we couldn't because of the financial difficulties. Now we have to make it work!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not an “accident,” but we were told we couldn’t get pregnant and had settled on having just one. Guess we were told wrong!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh ladies we are in for a long ride lol.
  • Options
    I switched from using birth control pills to fam. There were a lot of red days so it was frustrating. We got close to my ovulation and I knew it, he knew it. But then he wanted to try something new and we both kinda forgot in the heat of the moment. Then after he said "wait aren't you ovulating" I said crap, took an ovulation test and it was positive... Then I got weird symptoms and missed my period. So while it is our fault for messing that up, we both knew and while this baby is a bit unexpected it's already so loved. 
  • Options
    Same here. I told DH multiple times that I want to shoot for July to plan the delivery well before wedding season started (I’m a photographer). And of course he didn’t listen and here we are, due right in the peak time for photos.
  • Options
    We have 2 also but weren't planning on trying the month we got pregnant. I have my cousin's wedding in October so I was purposely avoiding getting pregnant in January, but somehow it happened anyways!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @sparklingwhit same here! Became ok with my one and only, now I am So torn and also super anxious for my first doc appt. 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yup. I went off hormonal birth control because it was causing high blood pressure and was using an app and temp to track my cycle. Well, we were being a bit lackadaisical on early red days and I happened to ovulate 4 days earlier than normal in January ON our 1 year wedding anniversary while staying at a romantic spa resort. It was a recipe for a whoopsie. 
  • Options
    Semi-accident here. We were 75% sure we wanted to have a 3rd baby next spring-ish. So to be 100% pregnant in January has been a bit of a shock!!  DS is 3 and DD is 1. I am having a hell of a time wrapping my mind around 3 kids under 3. Also having some anxiety telling family and work as it seems like I just got back from maternity with DD. I know it will all work out. And we DID have aspirations for a third...my control freak self is just struggling with the timing of all of this. We were using the reverse family planning method and probably not being the most cautious so I guess we only have ourselves to blame. 
  • Options
    Also a semi-whoops. We have a vacation planned with friends literally on our due date. The trip took a year to plan as we couldn’t find a date that worked for us all. My DH and I were both traveling a lot in January and literally had sex once. We are waiting until the ultrasound to let our friends know but they keep talking about it and I feel horrible!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    Yep. I have four kiddos ages 2-5 (last are twins) and husband scheduled his vasectomy for mid March.
  • Options
    Yup.  I have an almost 4 yo and almost 2 yo.  We were done... I know exactly the night it happened and remember thinking "What are the odds..." 

I'm still in a lot of shock but we will all figure it out, right?  What other choice do we have, :P

image        image

• Options
    This pregnancy is our fourth baby totally unplanned and stocked. I’m really struggling with accepting the pregnancy. I worry about jiggling working overnights & being pregnant. I worry about not having a big enough house. I worry about how life will be with 4 kids. My husband works a lot, we don’t have help as it is so it’s just us taking care of the kids. Might seem like minor things but it consumes my mind and drives me crazy all day long. Has anyone else felt depressed about a pregnancy? This is new to me, so I’m really at a loss. 
  • Options
    MellbowMellbow member
    edited February 2018
    We told all of our family and friends we were done and were going to start traveling more, so it's a bit embarrassing to tell people "nevermind."

We practice family planning and got pg from cycle day 7.  I'm bummed.  My hormones are a mess.  My almost 4 year old is excited so that has helped some.  We have to bunk the girls now and that will be interesting because my youngest will be 2.  We struggled getting pregnant with out first, thought we wanted another and quickly got pregnant with our second, and now we are experiencing the surprise....
  • Options
    Unplanned here too. We have a 2.5 year old and we were just about to move to a new state where we know no one. We avoided 10 days during the fertile window according to my app, bc we weren’t even sure we wanted another. And f so at least not right now. Well I took a test the day before the move bc I was super tired and a few days late. Much to my surprise...positive. Mixed feelings as we just moved to said new state and know no one. Hubby just started his new job, and I feel like crap. It’s been a little better than my 1st pregnancy but the days are still dragging. Last time I was sick til 16 weeks. And I delivered early at 34 weeks and we spent 3 weeks in the nicu. Now I have to get weekly progesterone shots and probably ultrasounds since I’ll be high risk. Should be fun with all the appts considering I know no one to watch my 2.5yo.  I’m trying to see the silver lining that everything happens for a reason and we will get through it to better days ahead! Some days it’s jusy really hard, and glad I’m not alone.

• Options
    Unplanned but excited! My fiance and I got engaged in August and had been pretty lax with the birth control since. Fairly certain it happened on his birthday in January. Whatareyagonnado. He's 34 and has been ready to start a family for awhile. We get married in August, I turn 30 in September, due in October. 2018 is going to be a heck of a ride. 
  • Options
    We were planning to try starting in July, but I’m now 6 weeks pregnant. This will be our first. We were court married prior to finding out, but our “real” wedding is planned for November and the due date is in October so I’m conflicted. We’re an army family so the wedding is one of the few times everyone can get together and I don’t want to disappoint anyone. I’m so certain I could make the date work though, I’m sure I’ll get other opinions when I tell the family though Haha  We’re waiting to tell anyone until we see the heartbeat.

So definitely unplanned, but both of us are ready and excited for this next step in our lives and when it comes down to it the baby is #1 priority at this point! 
  • Options
    Ours is a bit of a surprise! But a happy one!
  • Options
    This baby is slightly unplanned. We weren't using protection and I wasn't really following my cycle... My due date is a week after a wedding that I'm supposed to be in! Ooops!
  • Options
    Yes, I am also in the same boat.
  • Options
    Yes.. My son is 5 months and I thought the birth control was causing my depression problems but it wasn't.. I stopped taking it and took the morning after pill but it didnt work. Hes gonna have a brother or sister exactly 12 months to the day for his bday. Its hard enough with this little dude I cant imagine 2 right now. I'm terried to tell my family because they were not supportive when I told them about the first. I'm 20 and live with my boyfriend.. We have a house and 2 cars and food on the table. I just wish I could tell them. We told boyfriends family they were excited because my boyfriends cousin had a baby 9 months before my son and they are having another in july so it's kinda funny were having babies so close to each other. Hope I can eventually tell my mother.
  • Options
    @momoflogan20 — That’s so hard. I was really nervous to tell my family the first time around and my sister actually didn’t speak to me for several weeks after I told her. My husband’s family was super excited, so that helped. This time around, I’m scared to tell my family again, especially given my sister’s reaction and because my parents are close to getting a divorce so there is a lot of tension. 

I hope you and I can both soak up the reactions of friends and family who are supportive and not let the negativity get to us. 

Is your partner supportive and excited? 
  • Options
    Me! Found out I was pregnant after 2.5 good years with Paragard. 5w2d Ultrasound showed it was still in there, along with the yolk sac, although IUD was a little low. Who knows what came first, baby or low IUD! IUD was removed without any issues, but that was a nerve wracking couple of days afterward. This is my first pregnancy, and now that the shock wore off I'm starting to get more excited (and terrified)! DH and I were going to start trying next year anyway, but let's be honest, we'd been putting it off for a couple years because it was never the "right time". Guess it's better this way that it was decided for us! :smile:
  • Options
    Not completely unplanned but totally not yet expected!! DH and I had a lot of conversations about trying down the road, as he was leaving for an extended time anyways I stopped my birth control mainly because I didn't like it, and he ended up coming home sooner then expected and of course after not seeing each other for over a month one thing lead to another and we made a baby!! This will be our first and I'm starting to get much more nervous as I realize we are not as financially ready as either of us had hoped! We live with my parents right now and they are more than excited to keep us here and figure out how to make something work as we add a LO to the mix but it's so much to actually ask of them and we'd also like to try it on our own when we can get our feet under us. Fingers crossed we figure something out soon.
  • Options
    We were definitely surprised. I took 4 home pregnancy tests before I finally convinced myself it was true. My fiance wanted to have 1 kid but the plan was to wait until he was finished with school. I did stop taking my bc pills in September because I had been on them since I was 16 and I am now 33. I felt like my body need to "reset" and I honestly had doubts about my fertility due to my weight and some other things. We had planned to getting married in October but instead, we are having a baby lol. I think we're both excited/scared but will be just fine.