July 2018 Moms
Options

Unpopular Opinion (UO) Thursday

Come on, you know you got at least one!
Image result for unpopular opinion gif

Re: Unpopular Opinion (UO) Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @zande2016 I agree with you for the most part. However some zoos and aquariums do incredible things for wildlife, rehabilitation and conservation. We frequent the Oakland zoo and the Monterey Bay Aquarium and I'm comfortable that these places do not hurt, abuse or exploit animals and genuinely care for their well being and wildlife conservation in general. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere Really? I hate going! I have an appointment next week and I've been dreading it!

@zande2016 I've always felt conflicted about zoos! I appreciate the educational aspect of it, and there are a lot of good zoos that do a lot to preserve/protect, but there are also so many bad ones out there that it makes the whole idea difficult to me. Our dogs are members of our family, not pets here, so I guess part of me extends that to all animals.
  • Options
    @noideawhatshesdoing Yes! It's like a mini spa day for your mouth! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere I agree many zoos and aquariums don't abuse their animals and I know  they do conservation work, and there are some that are way better than others, but I still see it as exploitation. It's one thing to save an animal and place them in a sanctuary, but breeding in captivity for the purpose of making money is different in my opinion. I don't think there is any good reason why a gorilla needs  to live on display and have kids yelling and banging on the glass while it's trying to nurse its baby (as an example). 
  • Options
    I prefer vanilla over chocolate 
    @runsomewhere I love the feeling of clean after the dentist! 
  • Options
    @wildtot I agree with coffee being gross! The one time I liked it I was at an Italian-style cafe in Boston, and they made the coffee "Italian style" (not sure what that means), and it was so smooth and had none of the bitterness that coffee usually does. I'm pretty sensitive to bitter flavors--especially these days--so if something has even a hint of bitterness, I can usually taste it.

For some reason I can drink a bitter tea, but not a bitter coffee.
  • Options
    @WorkinWeezel @SmashJam lol i never like it and it’s nice not having to depend on it for energy. My sister has drank it since high school because it helps with her migraines. I respect that but i certainly get put off even more from nasty coffee breath. Double ew!
  • Options
    I prefer vanilla over chocolate 

I'm with you on this one!!
  • Options
    I adore coffee. I'm Italian so I can drink 6 espressos a day and sleep like a log. But since being pregnant I don't crave it as much.
  • Options
    @runsomewhere 600+ calories of sugar! And it doesn't even taste like coffee anymore so what is the point! I like my coffee black or a dry cappuccino, nothing fancy, on occasion I'll do a butter coffee which I know a lot of people think is gross, but I've grown to like it and it's not every day.
  • Options
    @noideawhatshesdoing yes! They are so bad for you. I got all pissy when Starbucks rolled out that Unicorn drink and marketed it to young women as some must have instagram must. I was like don't marked this sugary garbage to us, eww we deserve better than that.Also I'm going to have to google butter coffee.

@gingerbride26 it could be worse, haha. As far as the dog dress up, I'd put some little booties on him too! I heard that their paw pads can be really sensitive to hot and cold. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    stillcozystillcozy member
    edited February 2018
    @BrittG13 I'm the person that buys the most practical thing off a registry and not the cutesy things. I recently got my friend the breast packs (cold or warm) and nipple shields she had on there

also i love vanilla
    and hate coffee but I tried so hard to make myself like it.
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @runsomewhere - omg that unicorn thing looked disgusting.... I tried the zombie brain one (no idea why...peer pressure?) and it was DISGUSTING.  I do like the odd frapp in the summer, but I agree it's a coffee milkshake
    @zombiehoohaa - i hope that's not unpopular, I agree :-) i still remember how my nurses in the hospital kept laughing at the FTM who had no idea what she was in for when I said my pain was at a 6 after my water broke - joke was on them, I was going from 4-10 in 30 min and that f'n hurts man!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry all I didn’t see it in WTF thread. I searched to see if it had been mentioned in the UOs! My bad!! To piggy back off it a little bit, I’m not referring to big ticket items but out of 3 showers (all in different states/towns) I received not ONE pack of pacifiers! I would have also loved a bottle brush! It’s the little things y’all!!! 

Yes to breast packs!!! @lindsayleigh1989
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @paytonpedro YES. I could care less about DS wearing “girl” colors, but I HATE character things. DS owns a pack of paw patrol underwear and one paw patrol shirt that my sister bought him for Valentine’s Day. 
  • Options
    I'm with you @paytonpedro. My DD is almost 2 and doesn't even know who most characters are.  We're guessing she learned about Mickey Mouse somewhere and got a lot of Minnie hand me downs recently, so she's in one today but only because it's a sweat shirt and cold outside!  She went to a Frozen birthday party last weekend where Elsa & Anna came - she had no idea who they were and could care less.
  • Options
    zg49 said:
    Beer is disgusting. I don't see the appeal!
    Agree! I try to like it, but I’m just not a fan. Sour beer is ok though. 
  • Options
    @zg49 i agree beer is nasty 
  • Options
    zg49 said:
    Beer is disgusting. I don't see the appeal!
    Agree! I try to like it, but I’m just not a fan. Sour beer is ok though. 
    LOL sour beer sounds almost worse!  :s

• Options
    I Think beer is so so gross @zg49 ! And I don’t love character outfits either @paytonpedro . DS has one set of seaseme street pjs. 
  • Options
    I guess my UO today is that I love both coffee and beer! But I am picky about my varieties, just like I'm picky about my whiskey and wine.
  • Options
    I didn't crave alcohol at all with DD but I have been wanting a beer SO bad!  I'm almost considering getting some O'Douls which is ridiculous!  hahahaha
  • Options
    zande2016 said:
    Ooh I have one for once. Some of this I said earlier in the week, but adding to it.

I do not support the use of animals for human entertainment in any form. That includes circuses, zoos, aquariums, Sea World...etc. 
    @zande2016 what about pets?
  • Options
    OMG @wildtot I love coffee soooo much.... I wish I didn't love it so much!!

• Options
    BrittG13 it drives me nuts when people only have clothes on their registries... I am like, where's the useful stuff?

• Options
    @Lelo2006 I support pet adoption. I don't support buying pets from a pet store or breeder though. My dog was abandoned as a puppy and sent to a kill shelter. We adopted him and if no one had adopted him he would have been euthanized. He's a part of our family, not an exhibit for people to come see.
  • Options
    @Lelo2006 That’s crazy! I’ve haven’t been to many showers I haven’t seen that but that’s a hard no! 

Beer makes me very very sick! I don’t mean a bad hangover, I mean immediately upon consumption. I learned the hard way and have steered clear ever since. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yep, coffee is gross.