July 2018 Moms

FTM Check-in 2/20-2/26

How far along are you?

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? 

Rants/raves? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY:  How much help do you expect your SO to give you in the first days/weeks postpartum?

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: FTM Check-in 2/20-2/26

• How far along are you? 18 weeks 2 days

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? RLP is my main symptom at the moment. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Not until next Thursday

Rants/raves? I finally felt the baby! It was incredible! Such a weird yet exciting feeling. Definitely something I look forward to at night when lying down now. 

GTKY:  How much help do you expect your SO to give you in the first days/weeks postpartum? DH will take 2 weeks off then go back to work and save the rest of his paternity leave for when I go back to work. He is very hands when it comes to helping me around the house since being pregnant, so I know he is going to be even more hands on when baby comes. 

• How far along are you?
    20 weeks 5 days
    Constipation is a nightmare. Finally got a squatty potty which does help. And also broke down and took colace this weekend because I was actually in pain.
    Had our anatomy scan last week, went well, and apparently I'm growing a giant. That should make delivery fun. :p The upside is since the little squirt was so active during it, I was able to identify I have been feeling movement for weeks! I was just too stupid to know it wasn't gas. haha!
    Rants/raves? 
    I'm supposed to have an OB appointment tomorrow morning but the clinic closed at 1 today because of weather and they said to call an hour before my appointment tomorrow to see if they were open or opening late. Think my appointment will get cancelled and I really want to get in and hear that heart beat tomorrow :'(

GTKY:  How much help do you expect your SO to give you in the first days/weeks postpartum?
    He's going to be awesome. Similar to@zombiehoohaa my DH is taking two weeks vacation off when we deliver, and then we're staggering our leave so I'll take my 12 weeks and he'll overlap mine by a week or two so we have some family time together and then finish his leave out when I go back to work.
  • Loading the player...
  • natalie_1989natalie_1989 member
    edited February 2018
    How far along are you? 20 weeks 1 day

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? I finally have an appetite, on occasion at least. I’ll take any progress I can get, the nausea and food aversions were really hard for me most of this pregnancy! 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I had our anatomy scan yesterday! Very exciting to see her moving around. 

Rants/raves? I can’t stop looking at the pictures from the anatomy scan. I swear she has the cutest nose I’ve ever seen. 

GTKY:  How much help do you expect your SO to give you in the first days/weeks postpartum? Very similar to my fellow FTMs my DH will take 2 weeks off then go back to work. When I go back to work at the end of 12 weeks he will take his remaining 10 weeks off. We may overlap a week before I go back to work, but we will see.

He has been doing most of the housework/meals since I got pregnant and we usually were pretty evenly split before then. I think he will continue to try and do most of the household stuff and help with baby in anyway he can since I really want to breastfeed and he won’t be able to help with those first few nightly feedings while I figure it all out. 
  • How far along are you?
    20+6 today 
    So painful to walk, thanks SPD. Heartburn continues to be terrible 
    No but I have our second anatomy scan tomorrow (they do an early one for twins at 17w) and a fetal echo on Tuesday. We are pretty spoiled getting to see the babies every 1-2 weeks! 
    Rants/raves? 
    I’ve been feeling the babies for almost 3 weeks now but the movement has been getting stronger and more frequent and my husband was finally able to catch a kick yesterday. It was super exciting for him 
    Nothing comes to mind 
    He will be a huge help (though we also hired a full time baby nurse to live with us for the first month because we want to sleep and also have no idea what we’re doing). My husband will have at least a month of paid leave off but probably more if he wants it (his dad is his boss so...) I am sure he will want to leave and go to work at some point but his schedule will be super flexible in the 5 months I’m on leave and beyond. We are pretty lucky with our job situations for this pregnancy 
  • How far along are you?
    19+6

I’ve been feeling the baby! Not everyday- but like once or twice! Usually at night when I sit down and relax and focus on it lol

No

Rants/raves? 
    Nothing today!

i’m Thinking my DH will be super helpful. He has off July and August because he works for the DOE. So depending on when babies born- will depend how much time we all have together. TBH I’m hoping for later in July (due 12th) so I don’t have to go back to work until late October. 
  • I'm sorry for breaking the format. I'm so lazy today!
    @catftm2018 I'm with you on hoping to go back to work as late as possible in October although I love my baby's due date, 7/7!

I'm 20+3 today

Had my first experience with heartburn and so far it's a one off. Other than that I'm still feeling really good!

Anatomy scan was last week and it was amazing. We have a million pictures and the baby was so cooperative. Despite my anterior placenta I've been feeling him a lot, and DH caught a tiny kick the other day too! I need to go back in 4 weeks for another Ultrasound because of a minor issue with the cord insertion. It's ok because I get to see him again!

My rave is that we are booked for all the birth and newborn classes and today we also booked the babymoon! We decided to spoil ourselves one more time before the baby comes. We'll be in Maui for a week.

No questions right now!

DH has 8 weeks off of paid leave. He will take 2 weeks right off the bat, then the last week before I go back to work. And the rest probably staggered while I adjust to working again...boo. he's been pretty amazing this whole time and I'm sure he is going to be very hands on when our LO is here! My mom will also be here for 5/6 weeks so we are truly lucky with a good setup. Mind you, wen planned it and worked hard for it, but still, I am grateful for it.
  • Yaaas @kissableviv for booking the Babymoon in Maui! Which week did you settle on? Where ya staying?

• How far along are you? 

17w + 5d

Not too much. Def the heart burn which is starting to decrease my appetite again. I guess it’s not too bad a thing since I gained a bunch of weight since my last appointment. Meh

Yesterday. Went well. Baby going strong with heart rate of 145. Anxiously awaiting the anatomy scan in a couple weeks. 

Rants/raves? 

Only two more days of boss working remote so the relaxation at work is about to end. Oh well. I ordered my breast pump after an extensive conversation with my sister who has tried every one apparently.  

Nothing yet. 

MH only gets 1 week of official paternity leave, but his work is pretty flexible. His boss took several weeks when he had a kid without using PTO so we’ll see. 
  • How far along are you? 20 weeks, 1 day

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? I MIGHT be feeling the baby move. It's below my belly button and feels like air/gas, but maybe I can actually start convincing myself it's baby and not gas. I might have felt it before, but I was probably in denial (I don't like to get my hopes up too much).

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I saw my endo on Tuesday and my numbers are great! I have my anatomy scan on Monday.

Rants/raves? The downstairs remodel should finally be done by next week! I can't wait to start moving back into those rooms and actually start nesting.

GTKY:  How much help do you expect your SO to give you in the first days/weeks postpartum? He was talking about taking 2 weeks, I think. He has to find out if he has any paternity leave. He's awesome, though, and has always been hands on around the house. I know he'll continue with that and will help divide the house and baby labor in any way he could.

• How far along are you? 20+7!

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? I was having REALLY terrible heartburn every night last week, but I think it is tied to peppers, specifically! SO, I haven't had any peppers this week and so far so good. Hopefully I can keep it from coming back for a while, it was SO uncomfortable. 

Also, my pre-pregnancy pants are officially on their way out. I've been holding them together with a hair tie around the button, but in the next week I'm going to have to transition out completely! I ordered some maternity jeans from Motherhood, so hopefully they fit well. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I had my post-anatomy scan appointment this week, and everything looked good! They gave me some preliminary information on iron supplementation. I think, for now, I'm just going to up my intake through food before trying any supplements. They're checking my levels again at 28 weeks, so I figure if I'm low then we can discuss. The good news is that means MORE CHEESEBURGERS, YES!

When the nurse was checking baby boy's HB, she was down there for a WHILE and wasn't finding anything and I started panicking. Turns out he was just flipping around every time she got close, which was cute  <3

Rants/raves? Not really a rant... I kind of just want everyone to leave me alone with the questions lol I'm not the type of person why likes being the center of attention (which is ironic because I do PR & social media for a living) and I feel like I'm answering questions 10x a day about how I'm feeling, if baby is kicking, how my clothes are fitting, what am I craving. Just let me fly under the radar pleasssseee. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Does the pregnancy still feel slightly unreal to anyone else? Maybe it's because I'm barely showing and barely feeling baby kick... but idk, I just don't feel as like "glowing with motherly maternal love" as I thought I would? 

GTKY:  How much help do you expect your SO to give you in the first days/weeks postpartum? He actually hasn't talked to his company about what he gets for paternity... but he has two weeks of saved vacation he'll use after baby comes. We're both going to be navigating this new world together, so I'm really hoping he'll help keep the house in order while I'm keeping the newborn alive haha
  • @kissableviv how exciting! Maui! I’m still deciding what to do for ours, but I live in NYC and want to stay somewhat local. 

@nimmle did you get the free one from insurance? And which one did she recommend?

@samjjorgensen I have been craving burgers lately too, lol so that’s a good thing! Have them all! The more time that passes the more real it feels to me- I can’t believe I’m halfway there- I don’t feel prepared at all- but I’m trying to take things week by week. 
  • @samjjorgensen, I feel the same way. I'm hoping the anatomy scan fixes that. I am showing, but it feels more like bloat to me. I am also the type of person that tries not to get too excited about things in case something goes wrong (which I know sounds pessimistic, but it's really just how I'm wired. I'm an optimist. Really! Optimistically hopeful that all will go well). Not that I'm worried all the time, and I do have those moments of excitement. I'm sure that will all change as I get closer to the due date. Everyone is different, though, and that's OK!

Two of 3 pre-pregnancy jeans fit perfectly. Oddly enough, it's the skinny jeans that fit, probably because they are low rise. I've been wearing a Bella band with the pair that doesn't fit, which has been fine, but I may need to invest in maternity jeans. I've been trying to avoid it, but maybe it's just inevitable.
  • Question- now that I’m thinking of it- have you girls registered already? And if so where? I was considering just buy buy baby since babies r us- is going out of business. 
  • It still doesn't feel that real to me either! I'm barely showing too and while I feel him move it's still not constant. When we go for ultrasounds it feels real but I've also been feeling so well and similar to my pre pregnancy self that I still can't believe it!

@catftm2018 I've been so lazy with the registry. I think I will register on Amazon and buy buy baby, maybe target. But I'm using Babylist and adding them all there so it's an easy one link deal. Anyone has found useful lists of HOW MUCH you actually need? Like, all these cloths and blankets and baisc onesies for the first weeks...I don't want to go overboard but I have no idea where to start!
  • @nimmle yes let us know what you got. I got a Spectra S2 free from my insurance and I already received it. 
  • @catftm2018 I registered with Amazon and Target. I went this route because most of their prices on items are pretty decent and they tend to be the gp-to places where people buy. 

• @catftm2018 We registered with Amazon and Target as well. It's the easiest way for us to go with our friends/family. We still have our registries private though because we want to finish buying the things we want to buy first like crib, travel system, etc.  We also registered with Babylist, but that was to get their registry gift box and it's interesting because you can put things on that registry from all sorts of sources and can include things like meals, etc. Not sure if we'll release that one publicly or not yet, still on the fence.
  • @noideawhatshesdoing I did babylist, too, only for the box. lol However, I do like that you can add your registries to the babylist so everything is literally in one spot. Have you received your box yet? If not, it comes with these little cards you put in the baby shower invite saying to go to babylist for the registry items. Thought that was pretty neat. 

• @kissableviv @catftm2018 Yes I got a free one from insurance. I went with the Spectra S2 which was her #2 choice. Her #1 was the Medela Symphony, but obviously it isn't covered. She emphasized making sure you have one with a good letdown mode that mimics an infant otherwise it can be painful.
  • @zombiehoohaa It hasn't arrived yet, should be here tomorrow or Saturday. DH and I were laughing yesterday because when we tracked the box, it was sitting in his hometown which is about 5 hours from here and we've never ever seen anything ever go through there so it must be on a train instead of a truck because it has taken a fairly northern route. I'm kind of excited for it, seems like some good stuff. Our Amazon box was great, and the Target bag(s) are great, BRU sucked.
  • @catftm2018 I registered at Target, BRU (even though the one by us is closing, but there is another one not too far away), and Amazon. Thinking of Buy Buy Baby also. I might have gone overboard, but I also like getting free stuff and coupons...so I have no shame.

@kissableviv I've heard that it's good to have extras of cloths and onesies because babies are messy and you don't want to have to do laundry every day. I haven't found a list, though.
  • Hi there. I haven't been very active over here in a while, but I am hoping to kind of jump back in to things. 

@catftm2018 We just started our registries last week. We registered at Buy Buy Baby and Amazon. I am also another one who created a Babylist registry just to get the box. I have become obsessed with getting all the free stuff!!

@kissableviv I have been looking for a list like that!! I feel like anything that I have found has just been trying to sell me stuff. 

How far along are you? 19+4

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? I have been fairly symptom free this whole time. I feel like I may be starting to feel some movement, but then I worry that it may just be wishful thinking. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I'm not even sure when my last check in may have been, but I haven't had anything else major anytime lately. Nothing else until out anatomy scan next week. 

Rants/raves? I have just been really nervous leading up to our anatomy scan. Earlier on we had been hoping that our NT scan would be our chance to see that things were fine and start to relax a little bit more, but then we ended up having some issues. That has all been cleared up, but now I am just nervous that they will find something else during the anatomy scan too. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? The only breastfeeding class I see available at our hospital is next month, which seems like it would be waaaaay to early for me. Should I wait it out and see if another one ends up becoming available, or are there other places I could try looking?

GTKY:  How much help do you expect your SO to give you in the first days/weeks postpartum? DH doesn't get any type of paternity leave, but he does have a ton of leave saved up so he was talkign about taking a month off after the baby is born, and possibly another week or two once I go back to work. I know he is nervous, but I think he will definitely do whatever he can to help out, whether it is with the baby or taking care of the house. 
    Me: 32 DH:33
    Married 9/2015
    TTC #1 6/2016
    BFP: 4/21/2017 - CP
    Dx Unexplained IF 6/2017
    Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI 7/2017 - Cancelled (overstimulated)
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #1 - BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #2 -BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI#3 - BFP! EDD July 15 2018
    Baby Girl H - July 22 2018

• I just remembered an interesting (or at least really weird) symptom that's been going on for a couple of weeks. My areolas are shiny now. I generally notice this after a shower. Has this happened to anyone else? Am I just an anomaly? If anything, it gives new meaning to having headlights (don't worry, I facepalmed myself)!
  • @supersara2 +1 to shiny nipples. Basically where my nipple meets my areola. I don't know if there is more oil production due to the milk/colostrum starting to form or something, but you're not alone.
  • here you go @expectinginaustintx
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @noideawhatshesdoing I'm apparently also growing a giant

@catftm2018 We are registering with Amazon and Buy Buy Baby. We also made one at babylist, target and BRU to get the free stuff, not sure if any of those will make it to public yet.

How far along are you?
    19+4

heartburn has slowed down thankfully.  peeing ALL THE TIME.  feeling the baby more but not a ton

Anatomy scan was this morning. Everything went well except baby is measuring chubby at 13 oz (supposed to be around 9oz)

Rants/raves? 
    Just got back from vacation (Disney) and it was fun but super expensive. 

Has anyone had a baby measure big this early and they turned out to be a normal size? or am I growing a giant? I lost about 6 lbs in the first tri and I am not even back up to my pre-pregnancy weight so how is this baby so big?!

DH doesn't get any paid leave which totally sucks. I'm assuming he will take a week of vacation. He has been super helpful around the house which is nice, so I'm not worried about him not helping.
  • @moguippy Sounds like there are a few of us growing some big ones, taking comfort in knowing it isn't just me!  Lol. I think we need to form our own support group at some point. I'm just hoping LO gets his/her dad's long legs rather than my hobbit legs.
  • @noideawhatshesdoing I was almost 9lbs, DH wasn't small but I don't think he was huge either. My brother was over 8lb and I know at least one of my cousins was giant. I don't think there is a small baby in my family (other than my niece who was almost a month early and probably had IUGR). I am not ready to give birth to a thanksgiving turkey lol
  • @moguippy I think DH was about 9 lbs, my two younger brothers were both somewhere in the 8-9 lb range. I was 6 lbs 6oz. I think on both sides of the family the only babies that were my size or smaller were my niece who was 3 weeks early and my dad and his twin sister. I was hoping for a smaller baby, but I wish us all luck with our thanksgiving turkey deliveries! :p
  • DH and I were both on the smaller but healthy side. Still, as of this week I've popped and I think theis babe is gonna start growing quite a bit!

• How far along are you?
    Twenty weeks three days.

Current symptoms: Vision has gone from 20/20 to nearsighted in the past couple weeks. Having some heart palpitations in the evenings. Also, when I stand for long periods, my right thigh goes a bit numb (baby pressing on sciatic nerve, I think.) on a good note: Feeling the baby constantly now (ever since 16wks) and can even feel him from the outside in the past week!

Nope. I have one coming up this Friday. 

Rants/raves? 
    Loving feeling the baby so often!
    A bit concerned I'm gaining weight too quickly, as mentioned on another thread. (have gained 17lbs already since beginning of pregnancy!) feeling huge. 

a lot! He is generally quite helpful, cooks a lot etc. He has six weeks of paternity leave from his job, and we haven't discussed whether he will take it all at the beginning, or split it up and save some for when I go back to work.  
  • @moguippy and @noideawhatshesdoing girls I am I no your club! At my anatomy scan I was 20 + 4 and baby was 15oz, oy vey!!!!! We need a big babies club- I was only 7 lbs and my hubby I think about the same. But my hubby is tall. 
  • @expectinginaustintx welcome to the FTM group!

Also, if anyone wants to join me in my "I think I've gained more than I should have and feel like a manatee, but really I'm probably just being too hard on myself" club, I'm accepting members! :p

I'm on the high side of weigh gain for my height and pre-pregnancy weight. Up 19lbs, and seems most of it has happily settled to my boobs and butt. I gained way too much in first tri but I credit that to no morning sickness and hunger that rivaled a teenage boy.  Thankfully my appetite seems to be a little more normal now, and I've been trying to focus on making more consistently nutritious food choices, and am back at my workouts which has helped to slow the weight gain. I don't love that I've gained more than I should, but overall am not too concerned about it because my care providers aren't worried about it and I'm trying to stay fit.
  • morethanamamamorethanamama member
    edited February 2018
    @noideawhatshesdoing I freaked out this morning.I hope it's poop, bloat and Texas food but I'm up 2.5 lbs since Friday. that means almost 15 lbs since the beginning and I'm 21+3 today. I hope that's not the case but I literally popped this week so I think I just need to be kind to myself and eliminate the crappy food I've indulged in during the past week. My doctor isn't worried but I want to keep it in check especially because I know once the third tri hits I may not be very active. And if he is late, the weight might creep up...at some point I just need to let it go unless it becomes a concern for my doctor.
    For now, let's go back to the healthy food train! And hoping it's all in the boobs!
  • For all those concerned about the size of your baby at this point, I had my anatomy scan yesterday (at 20w5d) and was told that she's 14 oz. I called the nurse today because I also started to slightly freak out, and she told me that the weight is completely normal, and they don't really look at the size of the baby until about 28 weeks (or at least in my practice). I guess there is a range. PHEW! I was also concerned about giving birth to a giant for a sec, but apparently, it's all good. Nothing to worry about. :) Well, as FTMs, I guess there is always something to worry about...but this is one less thing!
  • @kissableviv I'm sure its the travels and the wonderful food! I'm also trying to be kind to myself. I think I finally kicked my cheetos habit and asked DH to put the peanut butter chocolate peanut mix up out of my reach because I have no control with that!

When I finally popped, I had a bit of a freak out too because I kept getting asked if I was really pregnant! Now I'm evading would-be belly touchers.

Sorry about the bathroom issues, that was me for the last two weeks. I get enough fiber and drink plenty of water but figured out I needed to up my water intake from a gallon a day to about a gallon and a half, and I'm back to tossing kale + other things into my nutribullet pro also at snack time and had to eliminate bread for the time being. Other wheat/grain based things seem to be fine, but there is something about bread specifically that is gumming up my system.
  • @supersara2 My ultrasound tech literally said baby is a measuring chubby but otherwise fine.. so I didn't know whether to be worried or not lol. I do have a little problem with my sugar so I was worried that it could be pointing to GD, but I test my sugar in the mornings and my fasting numbers have been fine. so idk lol. I guess we will just wait two months and see then!
  • @moguippy I totally would worry too if my ultrasound tech said "measuring chubby"! I'm already type 2, but my numbers are all under control, but it STILL concerned me. Glad I called and got that settled.
  • Hey all - joining a day late here (sorry, sorry)!

You gals are making me so curious to find out the size of my own babe... I read somewhere that around now the 'rapid fetal growth phase' is ending, so perhaps that quells some fears?  Sorry, not super helpful on the source of that information.

How far along are you? 19+2

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? I haven`t been checking in but having some foot, knee and hip pain, especially when walking longer distances.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? No - have our anatomy scan on Friday!!

Rants/raves? 

I am lucky that my DH is able to take 4 weeks off when baby is born, and my mum will be around for the first week or so to help out as well.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi all! I’m also late to the party! It is interesting to hear what everyone’s baby weights are currently! I think my babe was around 11oz at 19wks+1. 

How far along are you? 20 weeks and 2 days

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?  Like @canucklehead123, I haven’t checked in. But I’ve noticed I’m much more emotional lately, road rage is outta control right now  :#  Also, after years of wanting one I am finally getting a butt (and the thighs to match, eh they’re alright), thanks pregnancy! 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I had my anatomy scan last Monday. Thankfully everything went great and Doctor is saying all is on track and there was nothing to note. 

Rants/raves? Why aren’t the large fries from fast food places larger? I’m really going to need them to come through for me during my time of need. 

Questions for FTM or STM+?

GTKY: How much help do you expect your SO to give you in the first days/weeks postpartum? If how my husband has been so far throughout my pregnancy is any indication (aka a damn blessing) I’m expecting him to be a super star. He will be able to take vacation time to help settle as much as possible.