February 2018 Moms
Options

EDD 2.25-3.3 //39 wks // wk of 2.18

I probably won't start a thread like this next week so if anyone else wants it you are more than welcome to do it. Or we can be done with these. No biggie.

So 39 weeks! We are almost there and I know most people on this board have already had the babies too so there aren't many of us left still pregnant.

How are you feeling?

Any signs of labor?

Any questions, worries, rants, or raves?

GTKY: Open, just whatever you need to talk about right now.

Re: EDD 2.25-3.3 //39 wks // wk of 2.18

• Options
    How are you feeling?
    Tired. A little heartburn but not the worst it's been. Lots of movement. Pains in hips and low back. In other words 39 weeks pregnant.
    Any signs of labor?
    IDK, I feel a lot of movement and sometimes my bump gets hard and the movement is kinda weird but I'm not sure if it's actually any contractions yet or not. Probably Braxton Hicks or something but it's been very hard for me to decide what I'm feeling.
    How do you know when you are having contractions? I know I can google, but how do they feel to you specifically? I am not good at telling what's what and I'm afraid labor will start and I won't even be sure about it.  :D
    Have any of you done anything to get labor started like home remedies? I had my membranes swept or stripped at my doctor's appointment today. She said it may or may not work and if it does it still could take as long as 4 days. Also had DH massage my inside and outside of my ankles and above my ankles. It doesn't really feel good but it's supposed to be an accupressure area. OB says it's late enough that going into labor is safe and I'd rather not go late and get induced in the hospital. Are you guys doing anything to try to help this baby get going?
  • Options
    How are you feeling?
    Okay... I've been having pelvic/hip pain for the last few months and a couple days ago it got worse - hoping that's a sign!  Acid reflux. Stressed because I feel like I have so much left to finish up at work. 

Any signs of labor?  I was 1-2cm and at least somewhat "soft" at my appt last Friday. With my 1st pregnancy I was induced at 40w+5d and I think I was still at either 0 or .5cm when I went in, so it was surprising that I was dilated at all. Definitely not as painful to get checked when they're not trying to force their way up there.  Last night I was feeling crampy and I'm having what I assume are Braxton hicks, and I was like "tonight is the night!" But no. When I was induced with my first I pretty much just had back labor where my back was locked up and I don't remember feeling individual contractions, it was all focused in my back. So I don't feel like I remember what contractions feel like. I've been asking everyone and they have assured me I will know! My boss, who has 3 kids, just told me for her it was when the sensation felt like it was going from top to bottom.  I feel like all my BH are just focused around the mid-section, so that was at least a little more specific!  I lost my mucus plug yesterday - but I did with my first about a week before my due date and I was never actually dilated, so I don't think that's really a sign of anything.

alice0218, I was induced with my first and I almost want to get induced again... it's because it went so well, and it was so convenient to have everything planned out. Especially now with a 2.5 year old, I'd rather know when it's coming than have to call people to come watch him in the middle of the night.  So I'm not really trying to rush it. My doc actually gave me the option of getting induced on the 22nd since I've been induced before, but I feel like I need more time to get some work things finished up so if I go past my EDD (28th), I'm getting induced on the night of the 1st.

Good luck ladies! We're getting close!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    alice0218alice0218 member
    edited February 2018
    @mrsoirish Good that you have 1-2 cm done already! I'm about the same, 2.5 when she checked and after sweeping yesterday. It doesn't mean labor will come but I think of it as each cm we get without painful contractions is less work we have to do later. Although, technically it doesn't necessarily mean labor will be any faster. I lost my mucus plug too, last night! I know you can go a week or 2 after that without going into labor but I still want to think of it as progress. I'm just trying to not get hospital induced and go into labor earlier because I'm afraid pitocin will make contractions too strong and I'm shooting for a med-free birth. To each her own though for sure! Good luck getting done with work so you don't feel stressed out when the baby comes. I have been so distracted and not productive lately but I'm trying to still do a few more things too.
  • Options

How are you feeling?

Depends on the day, honestly. Some days I’m so anxious to get this baby out and other days I’m super chill. I remind myself and DH that once he’s here, he’s HERE, so to enjoy the last few baby-free days we have. 

Any signs of labor?

Nothing real. I keep having wicked groin cramps/pulling that stops me in my tracks. Same with the lighting crotch. I’m crampy, but it’s all in my lower pelvis. So baby’s settling down low and doing his part but my body’s perfectly content being pregnant, I suppose. Lots of BH, but no real contractions. Last week I was 1cm dilated and 20-30% effaced, OB said cervix was soft. I have an appt tomorrow so I’m curious if I’ve had any progress since then.

This is so petty, but I’m so tired of people asking me how I feel. I’m 39 weeks pregnant, that’s your answer for how I feel. I have just general FTM fears/worries too for when baby gets here. I’ll definitely be the one watching him sleep and riding in th back seat with him for longer than necessary. 

@alice0218  I haven’t tried anything crazy at this point but I’m trying to make sure I walk and bounce on the stability ball every day. Sex is not the most comfortable but we’re doing that a little more frequently in the hopes of getting things going. I’m intrigued by the acupressure idea, might have to give that a shot too!  I do NOT want to be induced so I’ll try anything now that it’s getting close! 

• Options
    How are you feeling? 
    Good. Still here. Due date is this Saturday. I'm doing well considering I'm almost 40 weeks pregnant! Haha. 

Any signs of labor?
    Not really. Midwife says I'm dilated 1 centimeter, which is reassuring I guess. Sometimes I get slight cramping in my abdomen, and baby is sitting low on my cervix. Lightening crotch! (Worst name for that ever.) 

Hoping I don't go to 41 weeks and have to get induced! 

Excited to meet my baby girl!