September 2018 Moms

Appointments Week of 2/19

13»

Re: Appointments Week of 2/19

• @Lcardinal04 my OB told me this labor should be much easier and the baby will “slide right out”... but honestly I don’t think it could be worse than last time without needing a csection. The OB who delivered DD (not my regular OB, just the on call doc at the hospital that day who is my hero!) said they don’t use foreceps at our hospital anymore but she is one of the few docs there who is trained with them. They did offer the vacuum for DD instead when she wasn’t coming out but I declined and finally pushed her out.
  • @Lcardinal04 I'll take what I can get!  DS was suction assisted and in the process fractured my coccyx.  It was a long and painful recovery.  DH is already talking about how a c-section might be better this time around.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you @shira101! Waiting is so hard. I had thought/hoped I would have an US today and get to see the baby, but apparently I don’t have another one for seven more weeks. My parents are flying in to visit tonight and I think my mom was expecting another picture! She’ll just have to enjoy the 8 week non-specific blob photo for a little while longer lol. 
  • Obviously every practice is different, but I only have two ultrasounds this whole pregnancy: one at the 12 week NT scan, and then the anatomy scan around 20 weeks. Every other visit is just listening to the heartbeat on the doppler. 
  • Obviously every practice is different, but I only have two ultrasounds this whole pregnancy: one at the 12 week NT scan, and then the anatomy scan around 20 weeks. Every other visit is just listening to the heartbeat on the doppler. 
    Same for our practice unless you go overdue. Then they add a biophysical profile which basically just checks on baby and fluid levels.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • I will probably just have 3 ultrasounds - a dating one at 8 weeks, the NT scan at 12 weeks (optional but we did it), and the anatomy scan at 19-20 weeks. Unless something out of the ordinary is happening and they need to check on things.
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • I’m actually feeling nervous and a little paranoid now. How do they know all is right with him physically if they don’t do an US and look? 
  • @ashh2018 they do look...usually at 12 weeks then 18-20 weeks! And they hear the heartbeat with a Doppler, and soon enough you’ll be able to feel all the regular kicks! 
  • MandyMost said:
    @ashh2018 they do look...usually at 12 weeks then 18-20 weeks! And they hear the heartbeat with a Doppler, and soon enough you’ll be able to feel all the regular kicks! 
    I had my 12 week today and we just listened - don’t get me wrong, it was amazing! When I had my first appt at 8 weeks, we saw him on the US but there was no sound. And he just looked like a little blob hehe. My next US isn’t for 7 weeks. I guess I’m just disappointed bc I thought I would have an US today so I could see an actual baby in there hehe. And I wanted to be reassured that everything “looks” right. 
  • @ashh2018 I got a 12 week ultrasound this week... but at my 8 week appointment, my doc told me that I would have an ultrasound every 4 weeks, at each appointment. I just looked at my next appointment today and there isn't an ultrasound. I contacted my insurance and they cover it. I wasn't very happy when I left a message with the doctor's office today about why I don't have one. I now understand why our insurance is so expensive. It covers a lot of stuff we didn't need until I got pregnant. ugh. After reading everyone else's responses, I should feel lucky to have gotten three ultrasounds so far, but I'm just not feeling it today. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• @ashh2018 I understand how you feel. I saw the baby at 6+4 and heard the heartbeat, but by the time I get to 12 weeks that’s going to seem so far back and if I don’t get one until 18-20 weeks that’s a long time to not see baby. 

I am in in the process of changing Drs so I’m not sure what their us policy is.
  • @smsaulino yeah I am tempted to call and ask if I was supposed to have one (they’re disorganized - my first appt I had to come back an hour later bc they forgot to take my blood). Or ask if I can get one. I have pretty good insurance and I don’t aee why it wouldn’t be covered. Like, I’m thankful my test results are good, and I heard a wonderful, strong little heartbeat today. But I want to see him. I want to know that all the arms and legs are in the right place. Maybe I’m paranoid. 
  • Has anyone gone to one of those independent US places? I’ve always thought the 3D ones looked a little creepy but are there places where I could just get an US and a photo, or is that weird?
  • @nackie you’re right, this is just me being impatient. I found out the sex with all the tests, I just need to wait. Sigh. 
  • I wish insurance companies in general would cover more ultrasounds. It’s so hard to just trust that everything is going the way it’s supposed to.  But I get why they don’t cover more than are needed because truthfully, before baby is more developed, there’s not a whole lot to see on an US as far as being able to tell if something is “wrong”. The anatomy scan is super in depth and it’s at a stage where all their little bodies are basically fully developed (though they’re still pretty tiny at that point). It does get easier when you can feel them though! Feeling movement is just right around the corner for many
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • Oops that took me forever to type. Basically just restating what PP said 
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • ashh2018 said:
    MandyMost said:
    @ashh2018 they do look...usually at 12 weeks then 18-20 weeks! And they hear the heartbeat with a Doppler, and soon enough you’ll be able to feel all the regular kicks! 
    I had my 12 week today and we just listened - don’t get me wrong, it was amazing! When I had my first appt at 8 weeks, we saw him on the US but there was no sound. And he just looked like a little blob hehe. My next US isn’t for 7 weeks. I guess I’m just disappointed bc I thought I would have an US today so I could see an actual baby in there hehe. And I wanted to be reassured that everything “looks” right. 
    Last pregnancy I had an ultrasound at 5 weeks to confirm pregnancy, 7 weeks to confirm viability and 22 weeks for the anatomy scan. (Hubby was out of the country at 20 weeks and they said it was better to go a little late than a little early.)

• @ashh2018 I had my 3D ultrasound done in my doctors office. It was pretty neat to see and a lot clearer than the other pictures. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker