June 2018 Moms

Weekly Appointments (2/19)

2»

Re: Weekly Appointments (2/19)

• @katelynrae86 Fingers crossed the amniotic fluid is a fluke

I have an appointment for granulocyte antibody testing. This got flagged up as a result of a platelets check at my blood donation last year (only just got the results through and apparently only 2% of female donors are carriers so I can't donate blood anymore). The next step is to do more detailed testing to see if I carry any of the granulocyte antibodies that can cause temporary low white blood cell count in the baby when he's born. Fingers crossed it's all good. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hope you get good news at your appointment, @Lolalipsy.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Loading the player...
  • @Lolalipsy wow, glad they flagged this and you got a diagnosis albeit probably not ideal at least you can catch early if it were to affect your LO. I've never heard of this, what does it mean? Good luck!
  • @stephcat421 Thanks, I'm still very much in the dark about it all. The letter they sent gives no further details. In terms of blood donations when I researched the topic I see it is linked to lung issues in those receiving blood.  But regarding the baby, when I asked my cousin who is a MW whether she had come across it before she hadn't heard of it. She's going to ask one of the consultants in fetal medicine when shes next on shift. I attempted to do a Google search and it's mentioning something called neonatal neutropenia so I'm staying away from google till I know more. The letter itself said *temporary* low white blood cells so maybe if i have the suspected antibodies they may take cords blood and ensure extra precautions to reduce the risk of infections at birth. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Lolalipsy good idea staying away from Google! Fingers crossed all issues will be averted by knowing before hand!
  • @Lolalipsy Thinking if you and your LO at your appt today. Good luck <3
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Lolalipsy GL! That would be a really confusing and scary letter to get in the mail. You always know they are going to test your blood when you donate but you never think it will actually come back with anything. Keep us posted! 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @Lolalipsy Good luck at your appointment! Hope that everything goes well. And smart move to keep away from google.