TTC After a Loss

Anxiety Attacks After Miscarriage

Hi y’all new here sadly! 
Just a little back story will try to keep it short.
Got my BFP 1/1/18 was so excited for the new year surprise! I went to the dr 2 weeks later and I was measuring a week behind with no heartbeat yet. They said that I probably just ovulated late and to come back a week later for another ultrasound and blood draw to check my levels! 
Week later they did the ultrasound and no growth and still no heartbeat. My blood draw from day showed my levels were dropping so they told me to prepare for my miscarriage at home. 
Well 2/14 Valentine’s Day of all days I had my miscarriage at 10 weeks. It was horrible and did not expect it to feel like contractions and actual labor :( 

Ok so now if you have gotten this far thank you! This morning I was getting ready to leave for work and my chest started tightening and I could not catch my breath. I honestly had never been more scared in my life and thought I was having a heart attack. I txt my husband to come home from work because I was so scared something was going to happen with me home by self with our 2 sons. He took me to the dr and turns out I was having a really bad anxiety attack. Has anyone else had experience with anxiety attack’s after a miscarriage? I’m terrified when we start trying again it will keep happening.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I never got to post on my birth month page. Glad to have a place to post. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Anxiety Attacks After Miscarriage

• I'm so sorry for your loss :(  I also have had anxiety attacks and I understand your worry.  I hadn't had any in 8 years but when i started clomid this cycle it brought the anxiety out and it was very scary.  I went to my family doc to get something to help me while I finish up the month - 1 more week left.  There are self medicating things you can do to prevent them or relief them but if they are as bad as you had or as I had you may need just a little pharma help to get you thru the worst.  I wouldn't do it though unless its affecting your daily activities as it did mine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @caseybeth1213 I’m so sorry for your loss. I had two panic attacks shortly after my first miscarriage (triggered by going to a baby shower). My sister leant me some Ativan which helped temporarily. Over time my anxiety went down a lot and we tried again shortly after my first loss. 

I think the dropping hCG really exacerbates an already terrible situation. Right now you need time to grieve. Consider asking your dr for some meds to help you through and also consider counseling if you think it will help you.

Good luck, and welcome. I’m sorry you’re here but talking about it with others who understand has really helped me.
  • Loading the player...
  • ME.  I struggle with anxiety during the best of times, and life has been such a crap show lately that it’s really taking me for a trip.  I have more generalized anxiety but I too had panic attacks, which are not normal for me, in the weeks after my MC.  I think that the hormonal fluctuations as HCG dropped really messed with me.  They resolved and I try to keep things in check now with meditation, yoga, tea, baths, proper vitamins (especially Bs), enough sleep, diet (low sugar high protein), and therapy.  
  • Thank you ladies! Sorry for the slow reply! I tried to stay off of social media for the weekend! So far no more attacks! We will see what happens when I start back work tomorrow. My beta numbers dropped from 24,000 to 5,000! My drs said that such a drop was probably the cause of the anxiety! :) hopefully it will be dropping to 0 soon and cycles will get back to normal so we can start trying again! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   BabyFetus Ticker