July 2018 Moms
Options

Fit Mom Friday 2/16

New week, new thread! What's the plan of attack this week?

Re: Fit Mom Friday 2/16

• Options
    I did not have time to workout yesterday. Our anatomy scan was two hours so I missed almost a half day of work overall! Had to work a bit later and then a friend invited us to dinner...
    Thinking of a spin class tonight since I feel like cardio, but we'll see!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really want to try that horizontal running!

Another busy weekend of yardwork/laying pavers, so not sure how much gym time there will be. Had a great week this week though!  Hopefully we finish this weekend since our gender reveal party is next weekend! What were we thinking...
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    I also want to try that horizontal running thing. I think my legs are trying to do that anyway with all the restless leg I've got going on at night. May as well turn it into cardio! :D

Hit my workout last night and felt amazing. Looking forward to tomorrow morning's workout now. We've been doing a wall sit challenge at the end of our classes. My instructor love to give fun names to her challenges. Last month was the "plank you very much challenge", this month is the "oh my quad" wall sit. We were talking last night and got to plotting a "tank top tricep" challenge for March, but she wants a punny name for it. I'm all for working on my arms since bare arms season will be coming up!

@lindsayleigh1989 Woohoo! Good job!
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 yeah! I was going to ask you how that was going. Great job! @rachelsogo sounds like an active weekend anyway. Hope you get everything you done for next week. How exciting!

@noideawhatshesdoing I started the wall sits challenge in my class last week. They love it/hate it. I do it with them for a minute...the average contraction duration! Helps with focus!
  • Options
    @WorkinWeezel how is running for you at this point? Do you wear any kind of belly support? 
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @WorkinWeezel I’m also impressed you’re able to run! Doesnt all that jostling make you have to pee? 

I’ve been pretty consistent still at 5 days a week. Stair master + elliptical during week; spin, barre and strength on weekends.
    But I have to pee in middle of 45 min spin class; my body insists! (Anyone else?)

Great job to everyone keeping the workouts up while the bellies grow!
  • Options
    This week has been a bit hectic but I’ve managed to take two Pilates reformer classes and walked my dog as usual. I was so proud of myself yesterday bc my instructor told the other students to follow my lead for a push up/plank thing on the reformer and I’m the only preggo. So I guess I still got it! Hope to squeeze in a spin class tomorrow morning before our friends couple’s shower and another class on Monday since I’m off. 
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 AWESOME!

@rachelsogo Yardwork is so exciting as the final product is always so worth it but actually doing it while pregnant sounds absolutely miserable. You are in my thoughts and prayers. 

Still trucking with my online barre videos! I was so sore the other day it was great. I LOVE the sore after workout feeling. LOLing at my friends who are working on their summer bodies and I’m over here like I’m just trying to not have a 27 hour labor again..
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @BrittG13 I'm lol-ing too as I'm here eating normally and indulging when I want, while trying to put on a good amount of weight for a healthy baby! Not missing summer body prep to be honest!
  • Options
    @pretzellover +1 for having to pee halfway through the workout. I usually my first couple routines, then can't take it anymore.
  • Options
    Spin class was good last night but definitely went lower on intensity. It's a soul cycle style class and while I'm barely showing I'm noticing it's harder to lean forward on the bike for pushup. Great cardio though! I almost didn't go.

I taught this morning and I had a lot of people in class which is great! I did the wall sot challenge too, and as always, lots of hate/love around it! Hope everyone is having an active, fun weekend!
  • Options
    @kissableviv I noticed the same thing too with spin and pushups! I never actually felt much doing them prior to being pregnant but boy do I feel it now. I had to slow down a little the last time. I also feel like my balance during tap backs and jump ups is a little off now. 
  • Options
    @kissableviv @krystlerr Also with you on the pushups on the bike, so I stopped a few weeks ago. It was the weird feeling + an article I read that cycling destroys your vag (agh!), which made me decide to forgo them now and maybe into perpetuity... 
  • Options
    We are going hiking at a mountain near us today, nothing extreme but I always love a good family hike :)
    It's been a while since I've been to the gym, it's been tough to make the time which s a bummer. I think I'm going to try to do the kayla workouts regularly.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This is my first official post its nice to read about other mom's to be who are still active! Ive also been keeping up with weekly runs and alternating yoga, spin, and toning classes..I have beachbody on demand so have to remember to check that out on busy days! If I gave up my workouts I think I would go absolutely crazy! 50 degrees in NY today so hoping to get an outdoor 3 mile run in =) 
  • Options
    I have been to orange theory 3 times since Thursday. Feeling good about that. I am starting to have to request a lot of modification as the workouts have been ab heavy lately. Also I had trouble running one day, it was causing a lot of hip pain. I tried again yesterday and was fine, so I'm not sure what that was about. I do think I will only be comfortable running for a few more weeks, but we will see. I will miss it when I can no longer do it! 
  • Options
    @limoncat yes, just do it until you can without pushing yourself, I've officially eliminated all ab work.
    @ewall525 great job on the workout, personally I give all of you ladies who are runners so many kudos because I've never been a runner, keep up the good work.

DH came to my prenatal yoga yesterday. He said "that was hard!". We did wall sits and held chair pose and he told himself he had to hold it given there were people 30+ weeks pregnant rocking it!
  • Options
    @rachelsogo and @pretzellover I do not wear belly support just yet, it hasn't been too bad.  I'm considering some compression socks just because I am getting some varicose veins and I'm not interested in all that!  A friend that runs much further distances that me and is further along recommended that I start early (she just started) and wishes she had.  She also recommended a good belly band (that's very cheap!) on Amazon to try later when needed.  I plan to run until I can't anymore!

I had some spotting Sunday night, I think because I really didn't sit, or eat much, or drink enough all weekend.  My two kids have a busier social life than me, and with running them to games and parties, etc... there just isn't enough time/resources!!!  I took it easy yesterday, because I know my body is asking me to slow down a minute.
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    You running ladies are badass! I ran a half on October 1st, and just couldn't pick running back up after. I thought I was just burnt out from training, but little did I know I was pregnant :) I did do a half mile on the treadmill (WOO) this week as part of a workout and it felt good to jog again. Hoping to pick it back up after little one arrives! 

Has anyone else had any strange sensations while doing lunges? I don't want to say it feels like my uterus might fall out, but it kind of feels like my uterus might fall out lol I've started asking for modifications just because it's uncomfortable, but just wondering if anyone else has had issues?
  • Options
    @WorkinWeezel I'm sorry about the spotting :( I've been dealing with heart palpitations in the evenings on days I go to hard. Which has been common the last two weekends of manual laboring in our backyard. Too much standing and not enough eating/drinking.

@samjjorgensen I'm noticing more and more certain exercises I can't do anymore, or have to do modified. Especially with any urine in my bladder! I got on the stationary bike yesterday and felt like I hadn't peed in years. Went to the bathroom and just a few dribbles came out. Squats I can't go down as low and some exercises where I'm bent over need to be modified. 
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• Options
    @kissableviv since you're a fitness instructor, or anyone who knows. How do you feel about positions like planks, downward dog and the similar during pregnancy? I am terrified of diastasis recti. I read somewhere that the pull on your belly during things like planks could contribute to you getting it. I haven't planked since because it freaked me out. I used to do nightly wall sits and planks. Any thoughts?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere I follow a Beachbody yoga and 2nd tri workout, and both include planks and downward dog... 
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @WorkinWeezel that's reassuring. I've been doing a bit of Insanity here and there and I've been so confused regarding those positions. I want to do everything I can to avoid the muscle separation. I never even heard of this during my first pregnancy till like 4 weeks PP when a fitness instructor checked to make sure I didn't have it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    morethanamamamorethanamama member
    edited February 2018
    Downward dog is fine as far as I know, but can be modified by bending the knees or taking a wider foot stance. I've been told really no ab work in the second tri. I do plank on my knees or on a bench, same with push-ups. Basically you need an incline. No twisting whatsoever. No crunches. Side leg lifts (and clams) are good options too. If you start noticing some coning in your belly that is definitely a sign of early diastasis, but I wouldn't freak out as in most cases it can be corrected. 

I'm with you on being super scared of it so I'm being really careful.

Oh, side planks are good until the end if you can hold them :)
  • Options
    @kissableviv thanks so much! And side planks, yes! That never crossed my mind lol. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere I asked the same question at my last appointment and was told planks were fine as long as they were comfortable, then to switch to reverse planks because the stress on the abdominal is a little less since your posterior chain can take more of the load. I've already switched over the reverse planks because I was getting uncomfortable with a plank unless it was part of a flow yoga workout.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I skipped my Saturday workout because DH wouldn't let me go. He was right not to, I was just being stubborn because I was having fat week last week so I wanted to go anyway even though I was in pain. I was having serious constipation issues last week and that was the source of the discomfort, so instead of working out on Saturday I sat on my ass and binged season 10 of Doctor Who. I did however get up and get dressed for my workout and then never bothered to change, so I say that counts for something! :D

Did get back to my workout last night and it was probably the first workout since, I don't know, October maybe, where my boobs.did.not.hurt. Felt amazing! Hoping to get to tonight's workout, but the dance studio might be closed because of the weather, so I'll have to find some cardio program on YouTube for tonight as a replacement.

Also got an email about a half marathon in Sept I registered for before I was pregnant and totally forgot about. Oops. Not sure I'll be doing much training for that! Checking to see if they will let me transfer my registration to someone else, because I'm due 7/5 and the race is 9/2.
  • Options
    @kissableviv ugh! See, I knew I was right about twisting. I told my trainer I was avoiding it and she told me as long as my back was supported I was fine to do twisting moves.  :s
  • Options
    @samjjorgensen basically nothing that works your transverse abdominis is ok at this stage (also per chiropractor) :)