September 2018 Moms

FFFC* 2/16

Re: FFFC* 2/16

• I hate the fact that I can't have any food or anything to drink except water until an ultrasound of my kidneys is done at 1pm today. The imaging center knows that I'm pregnant and still set me up with an early afternoon appointment. ugh. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• @spottedginger. Omg but that gif tho!  :D
  • Loading the player...
  • @smsaulino That is just cruel! Good luck getting through the day!

• @smsaulino FWIW my tech friends said they would scan as long as it’s been at least 4 hours. Don’t not eat because you will be nauseated. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1: 11/15/2010 * Missed M/C 12/28 * D&C 12/29/2010
    BFP#2: 3/31/2011 * IT'S A GIRL! * Born 11/17/2011
    BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
    BFP#4 9/3/2015 * Team Green turned PINK * Born 05/16/2016
    BFP#5 12/26/2017 *SURPRISE* Due 09/02/2018
  • Ooh you’re all making me miss Dunkin’ Donuts. I moved from the east coast to NorCal and they don’t have dd over here :( 

My FIL is visiting and I feel terrible that I’m not happier about it. He provided very short notice that he wanted to stay here instead of a hotel, so Wednesday night was spent frantically cleaning the guest room (he’s allergic to cats so everything had to be thoroughly cleaned). Also had to move the litter box from guest room to our bedroom bc it’s a small apartment and OMG I think it’s just revolting. I love him but he’s rarely considerate of DH’s feelings and that bugs me. I feel like a terrible ungrateful bitch for complaining but hey, it is what it is. 
  • @spottedginger I wish Dd would eat 7 munchkins!! She doesn’t do sweets. Literally licks at frosting and is done.  :'( She needs a high calorie, high fat, high protein diet, and accomplishing that w o milkshakes/desserts/cookies(aka bribes) means lots of cheese and processed meat crap and mental effort that I am not enjoying handling these days! 

My fffc: DD discovered the games on the disney channel app, and now we sit together while I play them for her... I don’t evem wanna know how much screentime we’ve been doing lately...

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• @ashh2018 there is one just north of SFO off the 101. Go early on a weekend and the drive from the south bay shouldn’t be so bad! I think there are 1 or 2 in the east bay also! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MandyMost I'll pass that judgement based on their lifestyle, but generally I agree.
  • @AdmiralKitty ooh field trip!! Thanks! I just read that they opened one in Fremont but that’s about a half hour north of me. Might be worth the trip haha. 
  • @mandymost lol ded. I try not to judge but I definitely have had the same thought before.  

• @MandyMost @prpl11butterfly

I’m one of the people who have stated we weren’t trying. Obviously it doesn’t mean we don’t love this baby any less. Our situation came as a complete shock to us, as in we have no idea how this baby was conceived because we were using BC. Granted I wasn’t on hormonal BC and using NFP. 

BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
  • This pregnancy I’ve been surviving on anything but water. 

BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
  • @megnwingate I will absolutely concede that my statement does NOT apply to anyone who was using birth control correctly and it failed! It's very rare, but it does happen. 

@prpl11butterfly  I don't see a lifestyle judgement in my statement--care to explain? My judgement is on saying that you "didn't mean to get pregnant" when you were having unprotected sex. No judgement on having unprotected sex, just on acting like you had no idea that it would lead to pregnancy. THAT is a judgment, yes. I judge people who don't know that unprotected sex leads to pregnancy. 
  • @southernlady07 I also hate that and would prefer not to go. I have a family member who regularly does this and even did it for her H's birthday party, I think it's so incredibly tacky. 

My FFFC: I lied to my DH about not having time to run to urgent care before picking up DS early from daycare because I just want some uninterrupted me time for 2 hours before dealing with my toddler. I suspect I have a sinus infection and feel terrible in the morning and evening, but feel decent in the afternoon. I will actually go if I need to, but I don't want to be exposed to even more germs.
  • @MandyMost I understand. The only reason I even mention that we weren’t trying is because I’m still completely confused on when we conceived. Lol. Obviously we know how pregnancy happens but when you avoid your fertile window and use condoms it’s a total head scratcher. 

BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
  • My confession: I had no idea how hurtful it was to women with fertility issues to hear about how easy it is for other women to get pregnant. I am embarrassed I didn't recognize this before--it's like I knew, but never realized. With a history of loss myself, I'm so sensitive to women who are just so blindly joyful about their pregnancies--partially jealous they can feel that, partially fearful that they'll be so devastated if something happens. But I've never really thought about how women must feel when other women are so flippant about how easy they got pregnant. I'm going to be more conscious of this.
  • edited February 2018
    @stothi Preach!! I never mind bringing a dish a party, because typically the hosts provide a good portion of the food and in our friend group we all trade off hosting holiday (Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, etc.) parties and it evens out. We really enjoy hosting, always provide plenty of food and drink and tell people they are welcome to bring a dish if they want, but it's not necessary. This couple is just tacky all around (not just related to their food stinginess). 

@nlc8424 Birthday parties should DEFINITELY be covered by the person throwing the party, especially if the expectation is that you are to bring a gift! 

Perhaps another FFFC: I've decided that for Lent I'm giving up forced interactions with people who take up my energy and don't add value to my life and instead I'm focusing on relationships that are life-giving and meaningful to me. 
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• @megnwingate you are not included in my side-eye. You were trying not to get preg. I really just mean those who were not taking any preventative measures at all other then hope.

@MandyMost I meant passing judgement as whether I think they were being irresponsible or just not caring . Like my cousin is in NO position to have kids but irresponsibly had 2 (and she no longer has custody so.....) while my BFF was perfectly equipped and just didn't care whether it happened now or in a few years so I don't see her as irresponsible/negligent.

@stothi I have a friend who was the same way. Pull out method worked well for years and then her body had to go and ovulate almost immediately after her cycle, giving her baby #1. After that she decided BC was a better choice. Then her Nuvaring fell out and surprise, baby #2

And I hope no one takes my comments as saying that just because you were not trying to get pregnant doesn't mean you don't want/ are not excited for baby. To be honest I wouldn't expect to find many people on a forum of this nature if they were not at least a little happy/excited to be pregnant. 
  • @megnwingate I saw your message around 10:30 and it was too late by then.. The tech was super surprised with how clear my ultrasound. She said next time not to just accept the first appointment they give you.. in my circumstance, I'll need to be sure to be scheduled as one of the first of the day. Also.... with that copay today, we are so close to meeting our deductible.. we may be only paying 10% of the delivery fee.. which got me very excited! 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• @smsaulino amazing! This year I’m trying to get as much done with me and the girls since I know I’ll be meeting my deductible this year.

I was also going to suggest scheduling first thing in the mornings. 

BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
  • Super flameworthy. My BFF is getting a Honda Odyssey this weekend and I am pretty jealous. I’ve had my eye on it and am waiting until after maternity leave (and months no income) to pull the trigger.
  • I'm a surprise pregnancy one...   Yes, we knew it was a possibility, maybe, but not likely...  We have three Clomid kids and have used no birth control or protection until after the last one (so for roughly 5 years).  We were avoiding during my fertile period until one (!!!) month we didn't and here I am...  A bit of a surprise and shock to us.
    Daughter #1 - Feb 2012
    Daughter #2 - Oct 2014
    Daughter #3 - Nov 2016
    Baby #4 - Sept 2018
  • @prpl11butterfly How did the Nuva ring "fall out?" I used that for years and if I didn't insert it far enough in I had the feeling like you would if you didn't put a tampon in far enough. Sex wouldn't even pull it out. 
  • @Redpuma119 I used it for years without fail to. She is a kinky one so god only knows what her foreplay was.....her SO found it in couch cushions a few days later lo
  • @Redpuma119 I used it for years without fail to. She is a kinky one so god only knows what her foreplay was.....her SO found it in couch cushions a few days later lo
    Damn it. Now I'm going to be trying to imagine what happened. Ugh. My brain feels dirty, lol!
  • stothi said:
    @Redpuma119 I used it for years without fail to. She is a kinky one so god only knows what her foreplay was.....her SO found it in couch cushions a few days later lo
    Damn it. Now I'm going to be trying to imagine what happened. Ugh. My brain feels dirty, lol!
    Seriously!  That sounds very... adventurous.  When I had the ring it never budged.

• Just to add for kicks, my sister had nuva ring and she found it under her bed one day... her ex pulled it out in hopes of knocking her up and she didn't even know
  • ellbeedee said:
    Just to add for kicks, my sister had nuva ring and she found it under her bed one day... her ex pulled it out in hopes of knocking her up and she didn't even know
    Umm what. That's not cool. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Yeppppp long story short they are divorced now.
  • Oh man @ellbeedee that's crazy. Her SO at the time  (now ex for soooo many good reasons) didn't even know what it was, thought it was a bracelet :lol: