October 2018 Moms
Options

Hump Day/ Bloat Day 2/14

show off your bloat or tell us about your Valentine's Day! 
BabyFruit Ticker  

Re: Hump Day/ Bloat Day 2/14

• Options
    chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited February 2018
    My bloat tonight consists of a Krispy Kreme Oreo stuffed doughnut (H and I went for a Valentines breakfast treat there), 2 slices of pizza, a chocolate, and 2 loft house cookies. It is definitely not the baby, I just had a total fat kid day. It was delicious and I have almost no regrets. (That said, tomorrow’s dinner will be salmon and avocado now...)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Bloating seemed to have been going away and came back yesterday and is still here today :neutral: the doughnut sounds amazing! I have been avoiding sugar and while flour pretty well for the last 5 years. I do splurge on vacation etc so we will see if I can keep it out through pregnancy with minimal splurges... Like not a 9 (10) month splurge lol 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited February 2018
    @SweetSweetTooth good for you - what a healthy lifestyle! Is your name and photo a tribute back to one of your favorite treats? Sorry about the bloat return, hopefully you aren’t too uncomfortable!
    I love sugar and have been using this news as a reason to eat more junk that normal, which will be stopping this week. But yeah, the doughnut was awesome. Not to derail this thread, but any advice on how you fend off the sugar cravings?
  • Options
    @chopchop25 yeah I do love sugar and yes love sour patch kids! :) sugar is so crazy addictive. I had my first u/s today and I am thinking some of my uncomfortable feelings are from that. Nothing like having a wand wiggled around your lady bits and poked around to make one feel great lol my midwife had said the bloating should be ending soon (yay for an end in sight!) but they were thinking I was 7w vs 6w so I may have it a bit longer yet. As to sugar cravings once you have been off sugar for two weeks the intense cravings stop but you can't have any sugar or you start over. I still enjoy fruit but I avoid honey even though it has so many good properties. The first two weeks suck but cheese helps as odd as it is. I have been a lot healthier than I have been and lost weight and kept most of it off but I am still a very fluffy lady. Long way to go! 
  • Options
    We don't do Valentine's usually but this year I gave my DH a funny card that was meant to be from our puppy. It was a picture of a dog licking it's private bits and then inside it said how about a kiss? It made me laugh because our dog always licks her vag and then wants to kiss my DH  :D inside the card I wrote can't wait for this next adventure and he will be a great dad etc. 
    He then made me a pasta dinner and brought home a bouquet of flowers, so I guess this being pregnant thing made us celebrate this year! 
    I was so bloated from the pasta and uncomfortable that I went to bed at 9pm! Hahaha how romantic
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    Made heart shaped pancakes which the kids decorated with strawberries and whipped cream, then put the kids to bed and folded laundry while H listened to an earnings call.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Def a little blump. Usually have a flat tummy. Umm I worked Last night and we didn’t do anything for Valentine’s Day, exchanged some cards, DS for some chocolate..  

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Getting here late. This is the worst I've eaten in a while .... pizza 2x and a burger and fries this week. Bloat city!

But there were unusual circumstances. Wedding invitation stuffing for a friend, Valentine's day, and bridal shower invitation cutting and envelope stuffing for the same bride who as yet does not know her matron of honor is expecting.

Back to my regular diet. I find peppermint tea helps with sugar cravings. I do occasionally indulge in some hot cocoa so I am not 100% sugar free but I do try to keep it minimal!
  • Options
    @bethica83 I definitely need to get back on track starting tomorrow. I have been horrible this weekend