September 2018 Moms
Options

Ultrasound question

Hey, I'm a first time mom and I'm not quite sure how far along I am (I'm thinking 9-10 weeks) because I wasn't trying to get pregnant and my life is so busy I honestly dont remember when I got my last period. When I go to my first ultrasound appt will they be able to figure out how far along I am??

Re: Ultrasound question

• Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Attack much?  I thought this was a place ANY pregnant woman could come on and ask questions...no matter the question.  I have been ttc for over five years, miscarried and have had fertility problems in the past....  We are now overjoyed that we are pregnant. Any question for a FTM is a valid question. (I will also be a FTM)   We don't know her full Circumstances.  So inappropriate to attack for a simple question... Hormonal or not.  
  • Options
     :) apologies if I offended anyone.  I just felt bad for OP as a first time mom who just wanted an answer to her question. Again, I apologize.  
  • Options
    It's okay, I get it, you don't care who I am.  I apologize if I stirred the pot.   :(
  • Options
    hbar344 said:
    It's okay, I get it, you don't care who I am.  I apologize if I stirred the pot.   :(
    Well, you did walk into a "room" where no one knows you and started yelling at people. That's not really something people enjoy.

Please feel free to stick around though. Introduce yourself in the intro thread if you haven't already. Jump in and participate in some of the threads. Give people a chance to get to know you.
  • Options
    Attack is maybe too strong for what I meant, but still. Overreactions for sure. I 100% get being bothered by the drive-by. But heaping on the "This is what I went through" stuff is pointless. Call her out on what was actually wrong with what she did. Mentioning that she didn't intend to get pregnant isn't wrong. Not remembering when your last period was isn't wrong. I track mine in an app because I'm way too absentminded to remember. Nothing wrong with that. Asking a super basic question with zero attempt to figure out the answer yourself and then ignoring the group is, however, terrible forum etiquette.

Are we not allowed to swear on here anymore?
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • Options
    @treeofcheem I don't know about swearing. I think it's fine. I'm pretty sure it's ok as long as you don't swear AT someone. I'm personally trying to practice not swearing cause my toddler has been dropping F- bombs and says "oh $#!+," frequently enough that I'm worried he'll get in trouble at school.