September 2018 Moms

Fourth Week of Sept. EDD February Check-in

If you're due between Sept 22nd and 30th, this is the check-in for you!  Feel free to use the prompts, or not, and touch base on this thread at any time.  We just want to know what's going on with YOU! ❤

How far along are you? How big is baby?

How are things going? How are you feeling? 

Upcoming appointments? 

What are some small things that make your day better? 

What's something you like to do the old-fashioned way? 

Re: Fourth Week of Sept. EDD February Check-in

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? How big is baby?
    I am 8 weeks, 1 day- baby is the size of a raspberry!

I have had a lot of on and off nausea but MS not as bad as my first pregnancy thankfully!!

Today is my DS's first birthday and I have all the emotions!!

Upcoming appointments? 
    First ultrasound 2-15

My DS always makes my day with his fun and happy personality!
    Morning cup of coffee
    Spending time with loved ones
    My DH doing little things for me like the dishes or making me breakfast

I like sending cards like invitations and thank you notes etc. by mail instead of electronically :).  

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

8 weeks on the dot today. 

I feel like crap the majority of the day. Some days the nausea is there 24 hours, and some days I get a couple hours of reprieve. The food aversion is more intense this time around. Nothing but carbs and Mexican sound at all appetizing...which makes me scared to step on the scale at the Dr. this week. 

Upcoming appointments? 
    Thursday I have another ultrasound. 

Reprieve from nausea. Taco Bell...which before this pregnancy I haven't had in years but a chicken quesadilla makes my day better. And DD's hugs...can't get better then toddler snuggles. Oh, and when DH volunteers for bath time routine!

I like to read actual books...especially if its a classic. 

@sclarke7 : LOVE that old fashion one! My Mom and Dad still mention the talk they had with DH. 
    Based off my LMP I thought I was 7w 6d, giving me an EDD of 9/26. I had my ultrasound today and my little grain of rice was measuring at 6w 4d, which moves me into the first week of October (10/5). I'm staying here for the time being because who the heck really knows when I'm due or when my little peanut will be born! :) 

I'm exhausted. ALL. THE. TIME. Seriously. I want to sleep all day, all night. 

Upcoming appointments? 
    I go back in 2 weeks (9/28) for a dating US, and hopefully we'll have a clearer idea as to how far along I actually am.

We move into our new house this weekend!! So excited!

Give birth. ;) I prefer to let my body do it's thing without medical interventions -- except I prefer it in a hospital because I'd like to have contingencies in place. I'm also old fashioned in that I love chivalry, and love it when my husband does the simplest gestures like holding the door, pulling out my chair, etc. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Married to DH for 6 years (together for 16)
    DS born 12.13.14
    DD born 10.15.16
    BFP 1.24.18, MC 3.13.18
    <3 BFP 4.25.19, EDD 12.31.19  <3

8+1
    Still feeling pretty rough. Lots of queasiness, lack of appetite and food aversions. I'm noticing I feel great in the morning and by evening, I feel terrible. A friend of mine told me that sea bands helped her so I'm going to pick up some up today.
    Upcoming appointments? Had my first midwife appointment last Friday. The staff was very informative and nice. Glad that MH came with me and experienced the first appointment with me. I have another appointment March 15 and that will be my first ultrasound. It's been hard to wait so long for an ultrasound.

What are some small things that make your day better? My husband. He's really being great and trying to help me with all this nausea. He's been making me smoothies with ginger every morning which makes my day better. 

What's something you like to do the old-fashioned way? I like to garden. Every summer I put together a small container garden. I really enjoy taking care of it and growing some of my own food.
  • sclarke7sclarke7 member
    edited February 2018
    @jaylii that's so kind of your husband, so great to start your day off with something you can stomach. Mine went out and bought unscented body wash late last night because all of a sudden the one I was using makes me queasy! I am also 8+1 and share your feelings of feeling like crap esp in the evenings. ugh! hope it gets better soon. lemme know if sea bands work, I may get some.
    Me: 34 DH:33
    TTC since Oct 2016
    DX: Undetermined possible PCOS+MFI 
    July 2017-Dec 2017 Letrozole+TI
    Dec 2017 CP
    Jan 2018 BFP:EDD 9-25

• @sclarke7 ugh, I'm sorry that your body wash was making you queasy. I'm currently struggling with brushing my teeth. By the time I'm rinsing out my mouth, I'm gagging in the sink. Need to try a different tooth paste I guess. I hope we both start feeling better ASAP!
  • I’m 7+4 today. Ready to be through the first trimester and hopefully feeling better. 

Had as my first appointment 2/5 and ultrasound 2/8. It was exciting to see the baby and to hear the heartbeat. I have another appointment next Monday 2/19 because my bp was a little elevated.

Im nauseaus all the time and absolutely exhausted, but most days feel okay.

I flew today and didn’t get vomit on the flight. Nausea stayed away until right before we landed! Yay!!

I like to make ice cream the old fashioned way, well my ice cream maker is electric, but I prefer homemade over store bought. 
  • shellso923shellso923 member
    edited February 2018
    Based on LMP - 7w4d

Tired ALL the time. Nausea is more like a queasiness sitting in the pit of my stomach that comes and goes - comes more when I get a take in my mouth I don’t like and can’t get rid of. I also get bouts of dizziness or just feeling woozy - which is my least favorite symptom by far and something I don’t remember with DS.

Upcoming appointments? 
    2/22 ! I’m jealous of you all that have already had appts and ultrasounds! 

DH doing the dishes, DS just wanting to hang out on the couch and watch a movie with me instead of running around the kitchen island like a crazy kid antagonizing the dog (he’s only 4). Getting out of clinicals early (I’m a Nuclear Medicine Tech student and May is graduation! Yesss!) 

old fashioned - I prefer handwritten mail and cards over emails and texts any day
  • @shellso923 due date buddy!! Sorry you haven’t had an appointment yet! The 22nd will be here before you know it. I love handwritten cards and letters too! I’m terrible about remembering to send cards for birthdays but my MIL is fantastic about it. I always feel so special on my birthday when I have cards in the mailbox. 

We had our first ultrasound yesterday and measured 8wk 1d give or take. Our due date in Sept 26 2018.... 4 days before our 1 year wedding anniversary on Sept 30! 

Nausea, oh the nausea. Oh and my boobs hurt something awful. 

Upcoming appointments? 
    We have our second prenatal appointment with doc on the 26th. 1st Ultrasound yesterday.

Right now it's just me and my husband that know- so keeping it just between us and small has been super sweet. We're ready for the family to know and telling both our parents and siblings on Monday! 

We are not going to tell anyone the baby's name until they are here! We are not interested in other people opinon of our names. We are going to find out the sex though! Were too excited to wait. 
  • @lccharles I wouldn't tell anyone my baby's name last time, nor will I this time for just that reason. I do not want to hear others' opinions. I'll discuss my choices with my husband and let him have a vote but that's it. Last time I did tell one of my best friends who pretty much immediately suggested I switch the first and middle name cause it flows better and I almost lost my mind in hormonal rage. I decided if one of my best friend's opinions made me that mad then I really didn't want to hear from anyone else. And it's just opinions. You'll never find a name that everyone will love equally. Since the only the people that really need to like the name are me and my spouse, we'll be the only ones involved in that conversation.
  • @stothi and @lccharles I like the idea of keeping the name secret for that reason, plus we live in a world where we share everything with everyone and it would be nice to having something that just you and your so share.
  • Happy ultrasound day @chicandbubbly And @Lcardinal04 !! 

I am also one who keeps the baby name a secret until birth, we nickname the pregnancy though, DD was “Peanut” and this one is “Minnow”. It works for us, though when my 2sisinlaws were pregnant last year we did have top secret “immediately forget this conversation” name discussion calling dibs on our fav names. ...then one of them used Annie after I claimed Anna. But whatevs. We aren’t bitter or anything... 

8+4

Decent, got through the first ultrasound, and saw the little heartbeat. Feong like crap, but starting to get the hamg of functionong anyways. Sometimes. 

Upcoming appointments? 

March 5 genetic counselor, discussing options to determine cf status. 

When DD takes off playing by hersef omagonary games at the top of her lungs. When DH comes home w a plan for supper and encourages me to lay low. naptime. 

Growing and preserving food from our garden! Although, we may take this year off...I don’t anticipate harvesting at 8months along will be pleasant. 

And chivalry, dh asked my dad for my hand. He opens most doors, is always looking out for me. Yesterday we went out for food and he sat next to me in the booth instead of across from me, we were totally that annoying cutesy couple. We don’t get those moments often these days, it was so nice. 

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

9wks Monday. I feel enormous, but baby is a raspberry. Hmmm....

Energy is fine, but MS is kicking my butt and getting a lot of headaches.

Upcoming appointments? 
    Not going in until I'm 14wks for my 2nd apt and NT scan.

I live for snacks and hugs from my DD and DS.

Talk on the phone :0 vs. text and I prefer the feel of a good-old fashion book.

• @jhjocelyn Thank you! My ultrasound went well- baby is looking good! It was such a relief to see/hear the heartbeat and to see that little babe in there!! :)

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

I am 8 weeks 3 days. Due 9/28

Feel bloated but no morning sickness yet. *Keeping fingers crossed*

Upcoming appointments? 
    First OBGYN appointment tomorrow 

What are some small things that make your day better? Cuddles with my 2 year old son!

• Anyone showing yet?? I'll be 13 weeks on Wednesday the 21st (due date sept 26) and don't feel like I'm showing. FTM. I think I'm anxious to see some changes. My morning sickness is finally gone so I feel I don't know "less pregnant". Next appointment at 14 weeks then we're announcing on social media. The waiting game is driving me nuts. Anyone else feeling the same?? 
  • Not showing yet, just so completely bloated! I'm due 9/25, also FTM. I thought my morning sickness was starting to go away but then had terrible morning sickness today, so much for that! 

We have the bloodwork and first ultrasound screening for the nuchal translucency test tomorrow, and will also be 13 weeks tomorrow, so probably announcing to extended family/friends starting this week. We'll probably wait until after we find out the sex to announce officially on social media. Can't wait to find out so I can start shopping!
  • lccharles said:
    Anyone showing yet?? I'll be 13 weeks on Wednesday the 21st (due date sept 26) and don't feel like I'm showing. FTM. I think I'm anxious to see some changes. My morning sickness is finally gone so I feel I don't know "less pregnant". Next appointment at 14 weeks then we're announcing on social media. The waiting game is driving me nuts. Anyone else feeling the same?? 
    I’m due 9/25 and def showing but this is my second. Still fitting into all my pants though. I didn’t see much of a bump on my first till 14 or 15. It’ll come!! If you have strong abdominal muscles it takes longer.
  • I am due 9/24 and showing....this is my second. With my first I didn't show until around 17 weeks :)
  • I am 9/29 due date and I am not showing aside from major bloat. 
  • Sorry I'm late joining in, but I'm excited to welcome my sweet baby love on September 26th! Hello to everyone,  I hope that everyone is doing well.
  • lccharles said:
    Anyone showing yet?? I'll be 13 weeks on Wednesday the 21st (due date sept 26) and don't feel like I'm showing. FTM. I think I'm anxious to see some changes. My morning sickness is finally gone so I feel I don't know "less pregnant". Next appointment at 14 weeks then we're announcing on social media. The waiting game is driving me nuts. Anyone else feeling the same?? 
    Congratulations, we are due date twins! I feel like I just have a little pudge right now, which I'm okay with for now until I decide how to formally talk to my boss about maternity leave.
  • Congratulations, we are due date twins! I feel like I just have a little pudge right now, which I'm okay with for now until I decide how to formally talk to my boss about maternity leave.
    Welcome to the group! So happy you are her and participating. This group is fantastic for giving and getting support so please stay active! There is a post for members with Knottie in their screen name to walk through how to change your name. Check out that post, and change your name please! It’s hard for us to tag you in posts with so many numbers and letters behind knottie.
  • Welp, I didn't think I was showing yet (12.5 wks), although I am super bloated. I haven't announced it yet, aside from telling a few people at work who needed to know for scheduling reasons. And then one of my former students who I chatted with in the hallway asked one of those people if I am pregnant. So... not wearing that empire waist tunic again until I am ready for people to know!