June 2018 Moms

Weekly Appointments (Week of 2/12)

Who has appointments this week??
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Weekly Appointments (Week of 2/12)

• Loading the player...
  • @l2589 oh no! FX you pass the 3 hour! 

I'm currently sitting at my glucose test. They ordered the 2 hour one. I've got 30 minutes left. Hopefully I pass since I don't think I can deal with any more stress right now. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @l2589 Sorry about the GTT. Hoping you pass the 3-hour!
    @Amphibious22 Fingers crossed for you!

I have a regular OB appt. tomorrow, followed by Skyline Chili!
  • @catlady1215 - aah I forgot all about going to bi-monthly appointments soon.  I remembered about the switch to weekly the last month but forgot all about bi-weekly.  Crazy. 
  • @catlady1215 My OB says we go from monthly to every 3 weeks, to every 2 weeks, to every week. But I have no idea what the timeline is for that, and I didn't care enough to ask lol. 
  • Mine doesn’t start biweekly until I hit 32 weeks.  So 32, 34, 36, then weekly til it’s done. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @doxiemoxie212 i bet you move to every 3 weeks after this week then, maybe? that'll be exciting!
    cause every 2 weeks 'usually' starts at 28 but obviously all docs are different.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • l2589  - biweekly starting at 32 weeks and weekly beginning at 36 (this is when the cervical checks begin and the strep b test is as well...fun). 

• @l2589 - With DS2 I failed the one hour but passed the 3 hour, so don't lose hope!  The test does suck though.

My glucose is scheduled when I'm 28 weeks and I'll start going biweekly then.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Good luck to everyone taking the glucose test!

@Austenista nice job on the BP. I check mine at home frequently too, bc mine likes to run high at the doctors and being overweight, I'm always concerned about high blood pressure anyways. I am worried about the weight check next week. I was only up a total of 6 pounds at my 20 week appointment which is fine but I feel like my stomach completely popped this week and I've been eating non stop. Like NONSTOP. Being worried about the weight, I'll probably have a high BP reading at the visit lolz  
  • Anatomy scan tomorrow morning!

@Austenista I'm with you. Between my thyroid issues and some extra screening we opted into, they've needed my blood for something or other every single visit. So over it. I also love your lunch bet! MH and I went really big and decided winner gets to take a kid-free weekend trip this fall while the other babysits. C'mon boy...
  • @doxiemoxie212 sad you don't get to see your little girl more often but its good that they're not concerned about it. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @doxiemoxie212 I think I found the lemon lime so gross because I hate soda and it tasted like Sprite. Also I'm sorry they dangled the ultrasound carrot! That's a little rough. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• I had a follow up ultrasound to see baby's spine because she wouldn't flip over during anatomy scan. She got good pics of the spine, but left to talk to the radiologist (I thought to check on the spine).

Turns out it was something else...I guess the baby's heartrate decelerated and accelerated during the scan which concerned the tech and the radiologist. They called my OB right then, but she said it could be totally normal but I should come in to her office next week (seems like if it was very serious she would squeeze me in today or tomorrow?). I'm kind of freaked out. After consulting Dr. Google (I know, always a bad idea) it seems like it could just be "one of those things" as the heart is learned to beat but anything concerning the heart seems so scary.  Next Tuesday can't come soon enough! Anybody else experience anything like this?
  • @katelynrae86 Hopefully, it's entirely an anomaly and normal. Fingers crossed for Tuesday!
  • I hope everything is ok @katelynrae86.  They may send you on for a fetal echo if they are that concerned about it.  Big hugs while you wait for your next appointment.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • @katelynrae86 Hope everything is okay. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • katelynrae86  no experience but hang in there.  I'm sure Tuesday seems like an eternity away.  What I understand about newborns is it is very common for there to be a mild heart murmur for the first few days (weeks??) so maybe that carries over to when they are in the womb as well?
  • emiliadkayemiliadkay member
    edited February 2018
    @katelynrae86 Will have you in my thoughts. Yes, I think your instincts are right and they'd have you in to see your OB sooner if it was cause for true concern. Hearts are scary, but hang in there!
  • Thank you guys! I don't know why I'm so emotional about this, but just reading your kind words has me over here crying like an idiot. Hugs  <3
  • @katelynrae86 hugs!! Definitely go with your gut feeling in that if it were super serious you would be seen asap. FX Tuesday goes well and everything settles down. 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had my anomaly scan last week and all was well apart from the anterior low placenta which looks like it is covering where my previous c-section scar is.  I've had an appointment yesterday to with fetal medicine for a fetal echo (this was fine) and whether it may be placenta accreta but regarding the latter they can't say definitively whether it is at this stage (there is blood flow at the back of the placenta beside the scar but looks within the acceptable range so need another scan at 28 weeks. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @katelynrae86 FX for your next scan to go better!
    @Lolalipsy Hopefully your 28 week scan will show that everything is okay. Sorry you have to worry about this. 

Had my rescheduled 22-week check-up yesterday. Everything went well. The nurse okayed me for karaoke, which was nice!
    Next appointment is in 3 weeks. I find out whether or not this uncooperative placenta has inched its way back where it's supposed to be. Come on, placenta. I am ready to DTD!!!
  • @katelynrae86 Keep ya posted on your next appointment. Sending you positive vibes!

Also, @kfren What do you mean “cleared for karaoke”??! What kind of karaoke are you doing??
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited February 2018
    @LaceyBee522 Ha. I was concerned about volume levels, since the place I go is usually pretty loud. She said her OB cleared her to go to my city's annual fireworks extravaganza at 38 weeks, so she was okay with me going to karaoke.

ETA: Did you see the Hey y'all post yesterday on the August board? Thought you might enjoy it, if you hadn't seen it.
  • @kfren Oooh!! Lol! I wasn't even thinking of volume, just physical activity. Have fun!! I love karaoke!

Oooh, I did not see that. Work was a sh*tshow yesterday, so wasn't lurking. I will go check it out now. Thanks for thinking of me...you know I love the August board. :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 Karaoke is life! 
    I figured you weren't lurking because you didn't post about it. They get some good DBs.
  • @katelynrae86 FX that everything turns out positive next week! 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kfren said:
    @katelynrae86 FX for your next scan to go better!
    @Lolalipsy Hopefully your 28 week scan will show that everything is okay. Sorry you have to worry about this. 

Had my rescheduled 22-week check-up yesterday. Everything went well. The nurse okayed me for karaoke, which was nice!
    Next appointment is in 3 weeks. I find out whether or not this uncooperative placenta has inched its way back where it's supposed to be. Come on, placenta. I am ready to DTD!!!
    Thanks. Hope your placenta moves up too!

Pregnancy Ticker