1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
Team green turned BLUE!
2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
Team green turned PINK!
Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: FFFC 2/9

• I have never seen an episode of GOT or This is Us. In fact, I'd never heard of This is Us before joining this BMB. We have no way to (and no plans to change that) watch current TV, only Netflix. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @jhjocelyn If I’m not mistaken there is a free app from PBS to get episodes of shows. I was just told this yesterday by a coworker so I haven’t verified yet. I’m mostly interested in episodes of Daniel Tiger because it’s the only way DS will sit and play in his PNP without crying when we absolutely need to leave him unsupervised for things like showers or snow blowing, etc. They took it off Netflix recently. 
  • clbness said:
    @pourmeamocktail I haven't seen This is Us either!  GoT is my jam though...DH and I are going through withdrawls in the offseason.
    Assuming a Spring 2019 return is correct, a fall/winter 2018-2019 maternity leave seems like an excellent time to rewatch the whole series leading up to the final season premier!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Honestly, it doesn't bother me. Other than just starting Greys Anatomy, and also digging Call the Midwife, I haven't seen any show newer than ER. It's cool. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pourmeamocktail I've seen a couple episodes of This is Us and I hate it. It seems so melodramatic and I don't understand enjoying a show where the whole purpose seems to be making you cry. 

FFFC: I don't have an instant pot but everyone I know seems to. It seems like a trendy appliance that everyone will use for 6 months then forget about.

• FFFC: I don't have an instant pot but everyone I know seems to. It seems like a trendy appliance that everyone will use for 6 months then forget about.
    I like the premise for the instapot, but hate spending $. I'm waiting for people to start getting rid of theirs. 
    “My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." - Aunt Frances” 
  • @DanyTargaryen I like where your head is at!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @pourmeamocktail I've seen a couple episodes of This is Us and I hate it. It seems so melodramatic and I don't understand enjoying a show where the whole purpose seems to be making you cry. 

FFFC: I don't have an instant pot but everyone I know seems to. It seems like a trendy appliance that everyone will use for 6 months then forget about.
    I've had my instant pot for a year now and I want another one so I can cook the main in one and the side in the other. I loooooooove it. I don't think it produces award winning food and it's always pretty ugly, but for the ease of use and convenience factor I just love it.
  • I'm not a fan of pregnancy or 3 year olds and right now both are happening lol. Just so many tiny emotions :( I love her with all my heart but this is for sure the hardest stage yet. Way harder than having 3 hours of sleep and caring for a newborn. 

Me 32 and DH 40

Fur-baby named Bella

1 MC Nov. 2013

DD born Nov. 2, 2014

Little 2 EDD Oct. 1 

• @lumosmaxima you're missing out! I'm with @stothi, I LOVE my instant pot and use it every chance I can. Definitely makes my life easier, we also bought ours around black Friday so it was $30-$40 off. I fully intend on prepping some freezer meals for my instant pot for my maternity leave.
  • @pourmeamocktail I haven’t seen GOT either! So apparently, DH’s ex was obsessed with it, and the mere mention of it makes him annoyed haha. 

My confession might sound weird....obviously I’m happy to be pregnant, since we planned this and hoped for it, and I’ve always wanted to be a mother...but I don’t (yet?) feel this overwhelming love that I think I’m supposed to feel. Maybe because it happened so quickly...a fact that I know I’m blessed for. I’m nervous and scared, but I know that’s normal. Did any of you take a while to get those maternal feelings toward your bump? Or am I just cold and unfeeling? :( 
  • @pourmeamocktail I started watching Call the Midwife right after ds was born but I had to stop because when the baby died in the first few episodes I couldnt stop crying.

@spottedginger as the date gets closer we should start a thread of shows in Netflix, Amazon, hulu that everyone loves. Binge watching while cluster feeding before bedtime was wonderful.

Also Netflix has a show called Little Baby Bums it is the only show ds will watch. Its just nursery ryhmes and he watches a song or 2 then goes and plays
  • FFFC: I've never seen GoT and don't have much desire to, even though my H watches it religiously.

Also, my mom and I kind of had a huge argument the other night while she was at my house and I just can't feel bad for how it went down. I feel guilty for not being more grateful for her help, but I just want her to TRY to follow along with my parenting philosophies while we're at my house instead throwing all rules out the window. I'm so done with watching how I speak to her because of how sensitive she is, I'm tired of arguing with her pointlessly. Again, I feel guilty that I feel this way and I'm only 28. So many feels. 
  • Thanks @knitknitread, that makes sense! 
  • @MrsAdventure I love when my mom visits because she totally still mothers me, in an age appropriate way. Treats me to my morning coffee (well, when it still tasted good), tells me to go take a long shower  while she hangs with the kids, little things like that. Whe youre the caregiver all the time, it is really really nice to be taken care of. Enjoy!!!
  • @yogapants247 I’m in the same boat, I think. We haven’t told family yet (planning to next weekend), but I’m fully expecting all the “maybe it’s a girl!” comments. We are staunchly Team Green again, so that helps. Though it would be neat to have a girl and experience that, I would be thrilled with another boy for purposes of money saving for clothes and also for DS to have a brother to bond with and get into shenanigans with. I’m pretty sure this is our last baby, so they get what they get!
  • My OB reported me for drug use during pregnancy. I took Tylenol with codeine the other night for my migraine from hell and didn't even think. It was prescribed to me for migraines when preg with DS. I didn't even think to tell them at my appointment the other day. They said they believed me and gave the DCF people my whole history and let them know I have never even refilled the med after the initial rx. I know I'm overreacting because of hormones but I can't help but worry because of the adoption.
  • @prpl11butterfly I can understand why you'd be overreacting, I sincerely hope that this will just be glanced over and not looked into seriously. I'm guessing it's probably mandatory that they report it, their license being on the line and all. Ugh, how stressful, will keep my fx for you that this is just a minor bump on the road.
  • @ashh2018 seconding what @knitknitread said. With my first I was just kind of neutral about it until I started to feel kicks. And then dorky things started happening, like every time I ate apples the baby would kick like crazy, or every morning after my alarm went off she'd make a big stretch/roll... that got me to start developing a bond with her. Being truly honest, ignoring societal pressures, it was probably months after she was born before I could say I had some crazy unconditional mama bear love for her. Life isn't a "this is us" episode! :-P
    YESSS to all of this. I'd say it actually wasn't until my son was about a year old that I became completely and totally obsessed with him. Don't get me wrong, I loved him when he was in my belly, and I would have taken a bullet for him the moment he came out of my body, but it wasn't until he really developed a personality that I started feeling like he was just the coolest kid ever and my little best friend. Now, I'm mentally preparing to suffer through the newborn stage with the knowledge that I'll get to have another toddler eventually, lol.
    Engaged 12/2013
    Married 5/2015
    BFP 11/27/2015 - EDD 8/4/2016
    <3 Baby Boy born 8/13/2016 ~ 8lbs 7oz  <3
    BFP 1/6/2018 - EDD 9/19/2018

• @spottedginger they were not the ones who prescribed, my PCP had since they wouldn't help with my migranes last time  (and he'd been treating them since I started having them). I think it might only be because I didn't disclose it when they asked at my appt (if I had taken any rx meds). But I didn't do it intentionally, just because I didn't give it any thought.

@nlc8424 it is mandatory here and I did consent to a drug screen (cause I have nothing to hide) but again, didn't really think about it. The nurse said she doesn't think anything more then a phone call will come of it.
  • @prpl11butterfly gotcha. Still crazy but it makes a little more sense 
  • I agree it's crazy. Like my mom said, they knew I was taking it with DS and didn't report me. I dunno. I just want it to blow over quickly. I told the nurse to drug screen me every appt if they want *shrug* I'm an open book, always have been but wanting this adoption has made it more so.
  • ashh2018 said:
    @pourmeamocktail I haven’t seen GOT either! So apparently, DH’s ex was obsessed with it, and the mere mention of it makes him annoyed haha. 

My confession might sound weird....obviously I’m happy to be pregnant, since we planned this and hoped for it, and I’ve always wanted to be a mother...but I don’t (yet?) feel this overwhelming love that I think I’m supposed to feel. Maybe because it happened so quickly...a fact that I know I’m blessed for. I’m nervous and scared, but I know that’s normal. Did any of you take a while to get those maternal feelings toward your bump? Or am I just cold and unfeeling? :( 
    Oh, no, you're totally fine. Many, many, MANY moms don't get all the mushy gushy feelings for some times days, weeks or months AFTER the baby is born. It's completely normal. It just depends. My husband actually "bonded" with our first baby faster than I did cause I was really sick and out of it.
    I'm feeling a little more in touch with this baby this time around. I don't know why. Maybe cause I've done it before?
  • I agree that everybody bonds with baby at different times. I loved ds but it took me about a week to bond. He was our first and even though we were prepared nothing can really prepare you until baby is here. Plus between recovering and having a newborn the first week was a big blur of chaos and extreme sleep derivation. 

@prpl11butterfly that is insane hopefully they resolve the whole thing quickly, and dont hold it over you the whole pregnancy
  • @MrsAdventure. What is the premise of call the midwife?
  • @starla that traumatic stuff it the bit I'm afraid of...  :#
  • Ok....now that I am caught up...

I do watch TIU but not GOT. We do have both Hulu and Netflix so some serious binging will go down during mat leave.

No Insta pot, 2 crocks are enough (DH hates all my appliances being every where)

I was very attached to DS from the start but once sex was confirmed it really blossomed.. This one not yet. It's starting to feel more real now that I've seen the HCG #s from my labs. I think for this one it will be similar, once I know "who" it is.

I really want another son but my family will want a girl for me (well they'd prefer twins, my mom has thos crazy theory that each child should have a brother and a sister) but they are traditional in the sense of "1 of each". I'm not cut out to be a girl mom. I'm just not. It's not that I'm not girly (I like make up and dresses) but I think growing up around boys I just get them more. I also like to be the only high strung controlling personality. Neice is so much like me it makes it harder.