October 2018 Moms
Options

What are you eating for breakfast?

I am so hungry! What are you eating to help you get a good start for the day?

Re: What are you eating for breakfast?

• Options
    We're super boring. A bowl of plain Cheerios every morning.
  • Options
    Yogurt, oatmeal, eggs 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had candy hearts.  I'm a really terrible person.  (FYI: i don't do that every morning, i just had a super early morning with a lot of driving.)
  • Options
    I'm usually an oatmeal person during the week cause it's so easy to make in the microwave. 

On weekends it's usually eggs with shredded cheese! 
  • Options
    I'm struggling with this one. I'm so used to doing a shake every morning, and right now they just aren't doing it. I don't have much time in the am though.
  • Options
    Most mornings I have some Greek yogurt and a banana. If I have a little more time I try to do some eggs, toast, and avocado slices. Oh - and still enjoying my 1 cup of coffee a day!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    I used to do eggs, but apparently I now hate eggs and can't even stand the thought of the smell of them. This morning I had a breakfast protein shake thing and it was actually a good decision. The nausea is still here, but light. I wasn't sure how that was going to go. I probably won't do a lot of those though because it's a lot of sugar. I bought some avocados yesterday so once those are ripe I want to try avocado toast. 
  • Options
    English muffins with butter or a bagel with cream cheese have been my go-tos. Although I wish they were more filling. Eggs made me super nauseous last week, so I'm a bit nervous to eat more of them. I've also definitely been drinking my 1 cup of coffee and chuckle thinking of how I gave it up for my first pregnancy a month in advance. Although last pregnancy I couldn't drink it at a certain point because of my morning sickness. Idk how I'll survive with 2 toddlers without caffeine, so I'm hoping MS isn't as bad this time. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    I don't eat a full breakfast I snack throughout the morning as I get hungry. Banana. Yogurt. Granola bar. Applesauce. Blueberry mini wheats. Melon. Tea. 
  • Options
    Today I ate some hummus and pita chips, a turkey and cheese snack wrap, and a fruit cup. 
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    Ugh. I can’t eat ANYTHING!! Everything sounds absolutely disgusting. I just choke down some crackers and dream about the day I’ll want to eat everything in sight!
  • Options
    Today I had oatmeal, an apple, and two turkey sausage links...pretty typical for my work breakfast.

On the weekends, my husband usually fries or scrambles eggs with English Muffins :)
  • Options
    Let's see...i have done home made breakfast burritos (making one for lunch as it sounds good), peanut butter, dry oatmeal, and honey bites/cookies, whole wheat pasta, cheerios, leftovers - i am not a fan of most breakfast foods in general so pretty much anything but normal breakfast foods, except the burrito! I haven't had food aversion yet but I am sure that will hit soon.
  • Options
    I’m really struggling with eating especially in the morning. Are used to eat smoothies every morning but I made one last week and it was disgusting. Cereals been OK.
  • Options
    I’ve been doing light snacks. This morning I did triscuits and slices of cheese and an apple. Yesterday it was low fat Greek chicken salad and nut thins. I try and at least get a decent serving of protein in my morning “snacks”
    me 32 | dh 45
    married <3 11.11.17
     mama. epicurean. plant lover. wine enthusiast.
  • Options
    Hard boiled egg, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, and some fruit- usually either berries or pineapple. But the pineapple tasted weird this morning, and blackberries are too sour now, so I may be switching to melon. 
  • Options
    I have either shredies or cheerios cereal or a English muffin with peanut butter or a fried egg. Then I have yogurt or a smoothie as my morning snack. I have always needed breakfast as soon as I get up as I'm starving and that hasn't changed yet! 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    Either a smoothie or wholegrain toast with some peanut butter. Nothing is appealing at the moment. Sometimes its just some yogurt until later in the morning
  • Options
    Last pregnancy I made like little omelette muffins. I would make a whole bunch on Sunday and have them in the fridge for the week. Each week I would make a different flavor. Sometimes I even had shredded hash browns in the bottom with the egg on top. However, I haven't gotten my act together enough to do them yet. But I really need to. I need to eat something like right away out of bed to curb the nausea.
  • Options
    Oatmeal and peanut butter and I bring a chocolate shakeology shake with me to work. Then at like 10 I usually have a banana or yogurt. 
  • Options
    eggs  :/ so boring! lol
  • Options
    My usual breakfast is a smoothie (banana, frozen fruit, greek yogurt, almond milk, protein powder, amazing grass powder), but it's been a struggle the past week to get my act together in the mornings. I'm glad we have protein bars on hand for the mornings when I don't feel like doing anything.
  • Options
    Oatmeal and peanut butter and I bring a chocolate shakeology shake with me to work. Then at like 10 I usually have a banana or yogurt. 
    For some reason i've had an aversion to my shakeology lately. Ive only had it a few times and it just hasn't tasted as good.
  • Options
    @sammierose464 nooooooo! Say it ain’t so!
  • Options
    Try vegan shakeology
  • Options
    During the week I’ve been having a toasted whole wheat waffle with almond butter and a banana. I have been eating scrambled eggs, avocado toast, or oatmeal on the weekends.

Is shakeology safe while pregnant? Perhaps I’ll ask my OB tomorrow. I read somewhere that it may not be for some reason? I have a couple boxes in my pantry and I forgot to cancel my last order!
  • Options
    I've heard from a few that Shakeology is safe, including people who have taken it to their dr.
    I have vegan strawberry and chocolate right now, neither have been as appealing.
  • Options
    Baked oatmeal with yogurt on top is one of the few breakfasts that has been appealing to me lately. I like this recipe: https://cookieandkate.com/2016/baked-oatmeal-recipe/

Other than that, bagels. Which I really should not eat because the sugar crash later is real. But some days a bagel is all that I want!!
  • Options
    I've heard from a few that Shakeology is safe, including people who have taken it to their dr.
    I have vegan strawberry and chocolate right now, neither have been as appealing.
    I asked my OB yesterday during my appointment and she also confirms it’s fine!
  • Options
    @ladyofarlington awesome! Thanks for sharing. Now I need to be able to drink them again
  • Options
    Scrambled eggs and sliced turkey, also a smoothie with Banana, mandarin o and oats

MC 10/23/2015 Iris Giana due 10/23/17 Born and Passed 5/23/2017

Double Rainbow due 10/23/2018

• Options
    Today I had an Egg McMuffin and OJ from McD’s! Haha.  *someone doesn’t belong in this thread...* Anyone reading have suggestions on what to eat with/on my steel cut oats...looking for suggestions a bit outside the box....and also a lot of the fruit isn’t in season here so it’s a bit pricier so I figured I’d ask for suggestions..
  • Options
    @LostinUtopia I sometimes add frozen berries and cherries to my oats. The heat defrosts them and they add a nice sweetness that is healthier than adding maple syrup or brown sugar. 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    Normally I have a hard boiled egg, banana and some low sugar oatmeal.

This morning I had a breakfast sandwich and some potatoes! 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    Anyone reading have suggestions on what to eat with/on my steel cut oats...
    I also like frozen berries. You can also get some other fruits frozen- like peaches. 

Also- try dried fruit- raisens, apricots, pineapple, etc. 

and spices!  Cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger...

it won’t make it sweeter, but I also like to add walnuts or pecans to my oatmeal. 
  • Options
    I typically have a Kind Bar for breakfast. It’s just easy and holds me over until my next snack. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I will usually have some scrambled eggs with cheddar and avocado toast. My 19 month old loves this meal too, so it's a win win.
  • Options
    I was able to drink my shakeology today finally! Which is good because I have a whole bag coming and I still have almost a full bag...
  • Options
    @diaphena Thank you for posting that recipe!  It sounds so yummy!  
  • Options
    Um, a cappuccino? I am not much of a breakfast eater and everything sounds gross right now.