October 2018 Moms
Options

RANDOMS 2-7

Re: RANDOMS 2-7

• Options
    @acciocoffee that is the cutest idea! I love it!

We're 3k miles away from our family and don't have in-laws to tell, so we were thinking about just sending my brother and sister-in-law a cookie cake that said 'happy ___ (whatever holiday we opt to send it) auntie and uncle.'
    General announcement in spoilers. I like the first one, H likes the second w/ our two pups, and the third is pretty much what everyone we work w/ does (we work at a company that makes shoes.) I'd like to do the third if I can figure out how to incorporate Easter, but right now I'm voting for #1.

• Options
    @kimberbeep so cool! have a wonderful time house hunting!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @chopchop25 - i love number one, it's soooo cute!

I think something is wrong with me because i don't want to tell anyone at all, ever.  If could hide this entire pregnancy and then just show up with a baby at Thanksgiving next year, i would be so happy.  Last time around i was able to hide it from everyone outside of our parents until almost third trimester.  I just hate attention.  
  • Options
    @chopchop25 I vote for the first one! Super cute! I have a feeling we won't last until Easter to tell our families. I'm also considering St. Patrick's Day, but we never see our families for that. I was thinking I could do a rainbow theme since this is our rainbow baby. It's just so cheesy though. Ugh. I have a feeling it will just be at random as well see our families in March. 
  • Options
    @acciocoffee I think the rainbow theme is cute, too! I just saw the cutest unicorn blanky at Target - for some reason rainbows made me think of that. St Paddy's day would be fun - 'we've got a little extra luck this year?' H was also trying to come up with a March Madness idea for March b/c he and my brother LOVE basketball.

@jengibre_zorro I don't think there's anything wrong with that! How fun to have your own little family secret!
  • Options
    @acciocoffee that sounds so cute! DD's birthday is in April and we're planning on announcing at her birthday party when the whole family is gathered. She's really excited about it and I'm excited to be planning it. 
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    @jengibre_zorro - I thought I would be like that, too because I hate attention, but it's taken us 13 months to get pregnant and I'm just so freaking excited!
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @jengibre_zorro DH is like that too. He hates telling people and wants me to hold back on telling everyone. He just feels awkward about it. He probably won't even tell his friends unless they ask. 
  • Options
    @pebbledam - girl, shout it from the rooftop, you've earned it. 

It's funny because whenever someone else announces something like that, i am THERE FOR IT!  i looooooove pregnancy announcements.  Just not mine!
  • Options
    Just intro’d yesterday, so I’m trying to jump in here!  Random rant and question here... 

I recently applied for another job internally at my company, and they phone interviewed me earlier this week.  They reach back out late yesterday afternoon to say they want me to come for in person interviews (yay!), but it would basically be for 2 hours today and 2 hours tomorrow, with the schedule already pre-set. I don’t have time that I could take off to go interview for multiple hours two days in a row, and it didn’t even overlap with my lunch hour at all.  I’d love to go for the job, but I can’t just ignore my current job responsibilities or miss that much work, so I’m frustrated. Am I crazy, or is that asking a lot for a job interview?? 
  • Options
    @charlie2 yeah the heating pad and i have been having some quality time lately...

@estellegetty I cant imagine staying without my H. Do they leave the baby in your room or take it to the nursery. Our hospital is “baby friendly” which means no nursery basically. DH did all the diapers.

@chopchop25 I LOVE #1 I might steal it! 

@jengibre_zorro I don’t think that’s weird I felt that way until i was showing last time. This time I just want to tell people because I feel awful and want to complain...

I really want to tell the other music teacher I work with because we work together so much, but I barely know her and I think she will tell co workers. But i feel the need to explain why I constantly am snacking. I will probably break down and tell her after my U/S when I tell my principal.
  • Options
    @hellopartyof5 I was part of N14. I see you were D14. WE probably have some overlapping ladies. Were you around for the O14/N14 war? lmao

Me 32 and DH 40

Fur-baby named Bella

1 MC Nov. 2013

DD born Nov. 2, 2014

Little 2 EDD Oct. 1 

• Options
    @krgriffin26 I honestly don't even remember. Isn't that horrible? 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    @jengibre_zorro I totally feel the same.  I am dreading having to tell people at work.  I just want them to know and then not ask me stupid questions and say annoying cliche stuff 
  • Options
    Catching up here, but it’s so hard to respond to everything on mobile!!

We’ve already told family and everyone at my work knows because it’s too obvious to hide. We decided today to officially announce at 8 weeks. We waited until second trimester with our 1st because of previous losses, but this time we’re refusing to be nervous and anxious the whole time. 

My son was an October baby, so if anyone needs ideas for announcements, here was our Easter themed one! Feel free to steal! 

This time were going to put DS in this shirt and have my SS hold him.

I like visiuals. Hope you guys don’t mind!

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    @kiwi2628 These are my favorite announcements!!!!

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    ugh how am I 4 weeks 4 days and already having symptoms. I don't remember it being like this with my first. I have had really bad heartburn already and I keep forgetting things!
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    edited February 2018
    So, completely random, and I’m pretty sure I’m weird.  I went for my first appointment yesterday (6w2d), peed in a cup, went through medical history, etc, etc. Then today, I’m thinking about the exam, and I’m not sure the LPN ever actually told me if they did a pregnancy test in the office.  She went through the whole spiel, but never actually said “we did a urine test to confirm your pregnant.”  

I feel like I was waiting for something like that to actually feel like this is all for real.  I know she wouldn’t have done all the pregnancy do’s and don’ts if I wasn’t, but it still just seems super weird to me. 

Maybe because I like numbers?  I haven’t taken another HPT since the two I took when I first missed my period, but I might do that tonight just to convince myself I’m not making stuff up. 
  • Options
    So, completely random, and I’m pretty sure I’m weird.  I went for my first appointment yesterday (6w2d), peed in a cup, went through medical history, etc, etc. Then today, I’m thinking about the exam, and I’m not sure the LPN ever actually told me if they did a pregnancy test in the office.  She went through the whole spiel, but never actually said “we did a urine test to confirm your pregnant.”  

I feel like I was waiting for something like that to actually feel like this is all for real.  I know she wouldn’t have done all the pregnancy do’s and don’ts if I wasn’t, but it still just seems super weird to me. 

Maybe because I like numbers?  I haven’t taken another HPT since the two I took when I first missed my period, but I might do that tonight just to convince myself I’m not making stuff up. 
    I would feel the same way you do! You'd think they know that that's *THE* thing you're most waiting for when you go to that appointment. She must've just forgot that part, but yeah, I'd dwell on that too! 
  • Options
    dammit @kiwi2628 every time i see an announcement like that one i start ugly crying because its so beautiful.  *sobbing*
  • Options
    @knottieamusements My first appointment with DD went the same way. Basically if they don't say anything then it's because it was positive. We were so confused when we left our first appointment and way too overwhelmed to ask the right questions.
  • Options
    Thank you!  I’m so glad I’m not alone.  I know logically that she wouldn’t have taken my word for it, but it just seems so strange in hindsight. 
  • Options
    TW, loss mention:

Today I'm 4w+1 which is the exact day that I had my CP last month so I'm super stressed today. Plus 9 inches of snow got dumped on us today and DF had to drive to work in it and will have to drive home at midnight in even more snow which is also stressing me out. I'm just a stressed mess, ugh
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    Want to tell everyone but also enjoying not getting opinions thrown at me or hearing every birth story. Going to wait until after late Feb ultrasound to tell the sets of parents and we know once we tell them we will have to tell those we want to hear it from us asap as our parents are not good and keeping things to themselves :)
    As for hospital - ours has a sad couch for the spouse. Hoping there is room in the bed so he can join me we are quite cozy like that though both overweight. 
  • Options
    I’m looking for a “Big sister” shirt for DD and I hate them all. I guess we will be designing our own!
  • Options
    @estellegetty - I want to find a cute way to tell my parents and then to tell the world but I have no clue what I want to do! 

• Options
    My Mom is itching to tell all the people; all her friends and family have their own grandbabies, and she’d basically given up on me and my brother. I told her she could tell everyone for her Birthday (early April).  But she still wants to tell all the people. 

So, we are taking a short vacation with my brother’s girlfriend this week. I told my Mom she could tell the girlfriend, since I don’t think the two of us together could keep the cat in the bag for five days...
  • Options
    @knottieamusements - exactly why I won't tell my parents until after my first ultrasound at 7 weeks. I got really uncomfortable bc my dad kept telling everyone he knows. He legit could not keep the secret. 

• Options
    My husband has the flu. The kids are starting to cough. My nose is starting to run. I'm freaking out. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    @mytrueloves creepy internet hugs ❤️ Loss anniversaries so always hard, especially when the loss was so recent. Take care of yourself today.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @estellegetty check Etsy! Wicked cute stuff 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My husband has the flu. The kids are starting to cough. My nose is starting to run. I'm freaking out. 
    Call your OB and let them know.  My understanding is that taking a course of Tamiflu can lighten the effects, but is most effective if started right away.  You don’t even have to test positive for flu- they can give it to you as a preventative measure. 
  • Options
    We spent time with my in-laws yesterday. We had walked around the mall before going there, so within a half hour of being there I was ready for a nap. Good thing it's not unusual for me to nap there. Then we went to dinner and NOTHING sounded good, so I ate some french toast and barely touched the appetizer. I also drank like 4 glasses of water. Its so hard not telling them!
  • Options
    Ok so this is probably going to sound like a crazy question, but here goes... my favorite donut shop just debuted a new flavor for Valentine’s Day, but the glaze on it has sparkling rose wine in it.  I’d love to try one of them, but don’t know if I should be concerned about the amount of alcohol potentially in the glaze?? What do you guys think? (Again, I’m sure this question is ridiculous, but I really love donuts! :blush: )
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake if it's a glaze then it should be heated and likely cooked out. Plus, I'm assuming since it's a doughnut, it also needs to be kid friendly...

If you're nervous, just ask your doc and/or the doughnut shop!
  • Options
    Ok so this is probably going to sound like a crazy question, but here goes... my favorite donut shop just debuted a new flavor for Valentine’s Day, but the glaze on it has sparkling rose wine in it.  I’d love to try one of them, but don’t know if I should be concerned about the amount of alcohol potentially in the glaze?? What do you guys think? (Again, I’m sure this question is ridiculous, but I really love donuts! :blush: )
    You’re totally fine. The amount of alcohol in a glaze on a donut would be so negligible. Go for it! 
  • Options
    Agree with pps @pumpkinpancake. Eat all the donuts!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake I was actually thinking about a very similar question! I order this meal kit boxes and order like a month in advance. This week I have a champagne reduction for salmon and wasn't sure if it's safe. I think these ladies are right that cooking it burns most of the alcohol! So enjoy that donut girl! Mmmm
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited February 2018
    Checking in in hopes of some help on what October BMB would do!

Context:
    I went to a high risk doc a few months ago b/c I had had a previous blood clot. She ran blood tests and they were all neg (no genetic conditions) so we'd put me on some low dose blood thinner, nbd, and I didn't need to see her. But she said she always tells any pregnant woman not to fly, at all.
    Move to current doctor who says flying is NBD (I've got my compression socks already!) So I'm heading to Hawaii with my girls in a few weeks.

Now the fun starts: Work just chimed in like 30 minutes ago and now wants me to fly to NYC just before my Hawaii trip (read: PDX-->NYC-->Hawaii-->PDX in one week.) I'm freaking out that it's too much flying, so I called the high risk doc to get her thoughts and am waiting to hear back.

If she says no to NYC, what would you say to work? (Because I'm pretty sure 'sorry I can't fly but I'm flying to Hawaii' isn't going to cut it :) )