September 2018 Moms
Options

GTKY: What's your favorite hobby?

2»

Re: GTKY: What's your favorite hobby?

• Options
    @knitknitread I love the fox socks! 

I enjoy boating in the summer, quilting, riding in the mountains (either on motorcycle or in our 65 Mustang) and reading. This spring we were planning a long weekend motorcycle trip in the mountains, but looks like that will need to be in the mustang if we still do it.
  • Options
    @klj0228 Thank you! They one of my favorites. The "matching" sock is a black dog! 

@starla Socks are so much fun! 

And all the other fiber artists, maybe we can start a post next week for our projects? Don't have to be baby related. Maybe a "Fiber Friday" or something? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What a fun thread! I loooooove sand volleyball but am taking a break while pregnant. I'm currently curling and reading. 

DH is super excited to legit garden this year and I'm super excited to eat all the veggies. We are also getting some chickens in the spring!!!!!!!!!!

Once it's warm out figuring out how to maintain our pool will be my biggest hobby. We moved last summer to a house with a pool and I kept it going through September but I think getting it all squared away might be tricky.
  • Options
    @EErin86 yay for chickens! Have you had them before? Are you planning to care for them while you are pregnant or going to have your husband do it? I have chickens but don't know anyone else who's had chickens while pregnant so I don't know what women usually do. Since my husband is gone right now, obviously I've been taking care of them. I've been wearing a mask and gloves when I go in the their coop/run and I don't like hug the chickens or lick them or anything. I'm wondering if the mask and gloves are really necessary or if they aren't even close to enough precaution wise. 
  • Options
    I love to cook and bake... and I love to watch college basketball and football when it's on TV. There's only one reason that I would hope that we eventually be in back in Michigan after my husband's fellowship... and that's to go to Michigan State games. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Just getting back from a couple days out of country and wifi!
    @SkilledSailor I couldn't find any patterns that I was satisfied with so instead I just made a list of good skills and a pinterest board with ideas for how to make those happen. So far I have these:

The above pattern comes from the blog "Imagine Our Life." She has tons of beautiful ones but I'm trying to intersperse them with ones that won't drive me crazy from all the detail!

I don't remember where I got this one. It wasn't a pattern, just an idea on pinterest.
    I haven't seen this one exactly but I found one that was similar. I decided to add the clouds as flaps. Obviously it's not done yet. Hopefully I can finish it during a class tonight!

@southernlady07 I can't wait! Knowing I'll likely be out of the country for an indefinite length of time, I'm already stocking up on books. But it only makes me more antsy to start.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @sreysaw17 wow those are cool!!! You have inspired me

@stothi haha I don't plan on licking any chickens either. We will have to wait for the ground to thaw to build the coop and then DH will let me get some chickens. I'm not too concerned I guess, gloves/mask for cleaning sound good. I will probably bring it up with my doctor at some point to see if she has any concerns. People in chicken forums never seem too worried about it. What kind of chickens do you have?
  • Options
    @EErin86 I have 2 gold sex links, a Leghorn, an Easter Egger, a Barred Rock, a Cuckoo Marans, and a Dominique. The sex links, Leghorn and EE are my best layers. We previously had 2 Rhode Island Reds as well, and they were great layers too.
    On all the chicken forums I'm on there's always a pregnant woman, her toddler and an elderly person having a tea party inside the chicken coop with a chicken in their lap and three on the table next to them. But then you talk to non chicken people and they send you a thousand articles about how if you make eye contact with a chicken from 100 yards away you'll die from salmonella 30 seconds later. I figure humans have lived in close contact with chickens for centuries and we're still here, so if I wash my hands and wear a mask to avoid sucking in huge amounts of chicken dust I'm probably ok. If my dog didn't get the chickens riled up, I'd feel comfortable without the mask. My dog gets jealous(?) though when I go in there and jumps against the coop and barks at the birds and they jump and flap and dust goes everywhere. We have a small urban lot, so our chickens have a coop and attached run that they stay in all the time. No free ranging for our gals unfortunately.
  • Options
    Jammin’ on my planner. Basically, if it involves office supplies, pens, or stickers, I’m game. I play Skyrim, too. And read.
    Photobucket Pregnancy Ticker