June 2018 Moms
Options

Pregnancy Brain Moments {February}

Similar to the "what my pregnant self is eating," what are you forgetting? Any "d'oh" moments? Did you walk into the bathroom with your bowl of cereal?
*TW LC*
Me & MH: 32
DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
TTC #2: 12/2019
Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

Re: Pregnancy Brain Moments {February}

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @katelynrae86 - If it's not a thing, then pregnancy clumsiness should be! I drop more things, spill things, etc. than I ever have in my life, hah.

@doxiemoxie212 - Oh jeez! I've only done that once, and it was after cooking dinner, with the pan still on the flame, and H found it and reacted similarly to YH. :grimace:

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    +1 on the pregnancy clumsiness
    I cannot for the life of me screw the top on a sippy cup without spilling milk and/or dropping the lid. 
  • Options
    I'm with y'all on the clumsiness too. I keep running into things. I have bruises on my hands and arms from hitting cabinets and walls. Yikes! Also, my belly is big enough now that it is getting in the way. I haven't announced widely at my office yet, but in a meeting with all the partners this morning, I got up to leave and bumped a swivel chair with my big belly...whoops.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just have terrible word recall issues this time around. It does not come in handy when you're teaching or having a review with your principal. In the classroom, I just thank god for Google. In my meeting, I totally blamed it on pregnancy brain,  and my principal laughed, and said he remembered how that was as he and his wife have two children, one just born last summer. 
  • Options
    add me to the clumsy list!  I drop eeeeverything all day  long
  • Options
    You guys, pregnancy clumsiness is totally a thing! I had the worst case of "butterfingers" in my last pregnancy, and now it's happening again...I swear on my last BMB, everyone thought I was crazy. :D But apparently your loose joints and extra fluids can make your grip less firm, so that's why I end up dropping all of my afternoon Cheetos on the floor all the time! https://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/clumsiness.aspx
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    I was entering an order for one of our patients that the nursing home faxed over. I go to type the patients last name which was something very common. Then I enter the first name Sefina and middle initial J.   I can't find her. I spent 5 minutes trying to figure out if she was a new admission or who she was. Finally just search the DOB.

It was very obvious the fax had a line through it and the lady's name was Josefina, not _____________, J. SEFINA. 
  • Options
    Just got back from my audiologist appt to get more domes for my hearing aid. I mentioned that I lost one of the domes and could never find it, but blamed it on pregnancy. He decided to check in my ear and turns out that's where it is! And I lost it like 2 months ago. Looks like I'm off to urgent care to get this out of my ear. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    Ouch @Amphibious22 did you get it out?
  • Options
    @May14th2011 I haven't yet. Still waiting on a call from my dr to schedule an appointment. Didn't feel like waiting at urgent care and I figure it's already been in there for at least 2 months, a few more days won't kill me. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    @Amphibious22 my friend's 5 year old just had a large pebble pulled out of her ear. It had been in there for several months but several Dr's had missed it. That's so wild to me. 
  • Options
    This morning I washed one of my son's (used) disposable diapers with the rest of his laundry.  :/ Luckily it was only a pee diaper...
    Son Max born 1/10/17
  • Options
    @MoonOverGoldsboro Ahhh, that’s the worst! All that mushy clear gel is so annoying to get completely off of everything. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @dinodna3 Arrrgh, it was so yucky, but I think both washer and clothes have survived admirably. The worst part is that I just know I’m gonna end up doing this again!
    Son Max born 1/10/17
  • Options
    I had to fly interstate for a meeting with an overnight stay the night before. After the meeting I went straight to the airport to catch my flight home. And realised id left my hand luggage at the meeting. I didnt have time to go back for it so someone else with a later flight offered to bring it back for me.  Felt like such a loser.
  • Options
    Typically I lose words. Like in the middle of talking and it's just one word - usually an important one to make a point - just disappears. Luckily at home, my H knows generally what I'm trying to say and my coworkers get pregnancy brain, but it's worse when you're on the phone with clients.

Other day I posted on another forum and went to say "presence" but said "presents" - one girl made a joke and it took me wayyyyy too long to realize what she said lmao! Luckily on that one, they also know I'm pregnant so it helps lol!

Does it count as pregnancy brain when you put laundry in, watch a show and completely forget it's there? It was that episode of "This is Us" so my mind was distracted ....
  • Options
    Left my keys inside my apt today, had to get the spare from the doormen. Sigh. I remember as I was getting ready to leave, I looked right at my keys and thought, "Can't forget those!" And then I did. Ugh.