TTC After a Loss
Options

TTCAL Week of 2/6

Guess we were all pretty busy yesterday, as I don't see a new thread for this week!

1. Introduce yourself (if new)

2. Status?
3. Raves/Rants:
4. GTKY: What was the best food you had on Superbowl Sunday?

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

Re: TTCAL Week of 2/6

• Options

2. Status?  TWW I could be 7 DPO or 5 DPO not sure.  I had two temp increases and 2nd one seeems more in line with my normal shift after O but FF says it was last Tuesday based on slight initial shift trying to wait until Monday or Tuesday next week to test

3. Raves/Rants: annoyed w my DSs daycare.  I have asked time time again for them to use aquaphor at each diaper change and they fail so I sent Butt paste this week and they called and gave me grief.  I’m over this.  I going to work really hard at getting him potty trained ASAP so I don’t have to deal with this anymore.  My poor son’s bottom is so raw 

4. GTKY: What was the best food you had on Superbowl Sunday? DH cooked wings, macaroni bites and buffalo chicken dip....it was all good because I didn’t have to make any of it 
  • Options

2. Status? Can’t reach FF app right now, so I think it’s like CD 29 and 10 DPO?

3. Raves/Rants: Not much. Just frustrated with work and this whole TTCAL thing. And hating the world and everyone in it… so, same old, same old.

4. GTKY: What was the best food you had on Superbowl Sunday? I made an amazing fig and goat cheese ball, with macadamia nuts… AMAZING!!!!

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    2. Status: TWW, 9-10 dpo (ish). Symptom spotting like a crazy person.

3. Rants/Raves: I dunno. Everything feels too uneventful for either rants or raves right now. Dull week ahead!

4. GTKY: Husband’s bean dip! I love that stuff. Although I’m selfishly sad he made it for SB since it means all our friends ate it too. No leftovers for burritos like we usually do!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    Sorry you are having a hard time @dpjennifer
  • Options
    1. Introduce yourself (if new) I'm Trakena! We just had a confirmed mc last week and the D&C went smoothly last week. So now I'm just waiting for the small amt of bleeding to stop and for my next monthly to show up. Ahhh, waiting, waiting, waiting.

2. Status? Waiting on my monthly

3. Raves/Rants: Nothing at this time...just getting to know folks.

4. GTKY: What was the best food you had on Superbowl Sunday? We did pizza and it was only okay...kind of wish we had better food. I'm a queso girl myself!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    2. CD 6 kinda. Had a CP this past cycle, waiting for the remaining bleeding to stop. I’ll probably casually TTC this cycle since the dr didn’t say to hold off. 

3. Rant- dealing with dr’s offices about this recent MC has been incredibly frustrating. It’s not really their fault, but all the appointments that I was waiting for- that I had to cancel because of the failed pg- now have to be rescheduled further down the line after I get AF. I was so excited to make some progress on this journey and now I’m stuck waiting again. At least the RE’s office was understanding and I only have to wait a month for them :(

Also every time I call my obgyn office to speak with the nurse I have to give my OB history over the phone and it makes me depressed. I know they could see it on the screen if they bothered looking, so I hate having to interrupt them to get my point across. I want to get away from dealing with this office but it’ll be two months minimum until I could get the testing I’m trying to schedule at new one. 

4. I didn’t go anywhere on Super Bowl Sunday, it wasn’t a great weekend for me. I made some butter chicken that came out ok I guess. 
  • Options
    1. TTC since 2012. Two miscarriages (2016 @ 9w & 2017 @ 6w). 5 medicated IUIs (3 completed, 2 cancelled), 1 IVF cycle with 10 embies frozen. 1 FET cycle (9 embies left).
    2. Currently 4dp5dt and trying to get through the week until my beta on Monday. I don't feel much other than progesterone side effects but it's early so I'm trying not to count myself out yet (easier said than done).
    3. Rave: I've been kicking butt on the meal planning/prepping front. I've always meal planned for the week before grocery shopping but I made a new goal to also prep what I could for the week on Sundays and then make a little extra for a freezer stash. So far it's been going amazing and it's taken so much stress off during the week (and my basement freezer is full!).
    4. Neither DH nor I are football fans (and I don't think the Super Bowl has quite the same fan base here as it does in the U.S) so Sunday was just another regular day for us. Made my mom's meatloaf recipe which I haven't eaten in years and it was so yummy.  
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    @Mack2342 That's frustrating about your DS' daycare. I would be mad too. Also, some of my favourite food is food I don't have to make!!!

@dpjennifer I'm so sorry things are rough right now. Sometimes this TTCAL thing just feels like you're in a perpetual rut. (BTW your fig and goat cheese recipe sounds delicious. Figs are one of my favourite foods!)

@thshaw Welcome, I'm so sorry for your loss.

@lin0442 I'm so sorry to see you back here. I'm sorry you're playing the waiting game and that your OB's nurse can't take two seconds to look up your history herself. That would be a hard thing to have to repeat every time you called.   
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    1. Not new; 3 early losses in 2017.
    2. WTO someone in the next 12hrs since I had my trigger shot yesterday morning.
    3. Nothing really to rant or rave about this week. Next week is my birthday and I have a 4-day weekend that following weekend, but until then I’m slammed at work and in a meh sort-of mood.
    4. I made these jalapeno/bacon/garlic&herb cheese thingies wrapped in crescent rolls. They were delish! 

@tosh24 I’m so excited for you! PUPO! FX.

@lin0442 Ugh, I’m so sorry that on top of the pain/stress related to the CP that you also have to deal with scheduling delays and annoying doctors.

@dpjennifer I totally feel you on hating the world right now. And people at work are driving me nuts today. Sorry you’re in a funk!

@thshaw Welcome. Sorry you find yourself in the TTCAL group, but you’ll find great support here.
  • Options

2. Status? 4 dpo.  first cycle off the bench since October.  feeling all of the feelings.
    3. Raves/Rants: Our house is moving along and we are closing in on the final 5 weeks or so until we can move back, hooray!  (rant - still no movement on the legal side recovering any of $$$.  We spent enough to buy two new vehicles outright.  my patience is wearing beyond thin.)  
    4. GTKY: What was the best food you had on Superbowl Sunday? Cuban sliders... my coworker made them in the oven and they were amazing... I've gone dairy/wheat/sugar free for the past month or so but I threw that all to the wind because SUPER BOWL FOOD.  There was also a brownie involved afterwards.  Heck yes.

@tosh24 FK for you!  so exciting!
    @thshaw Welcome.  I'm very sorry for your loss and hope you don't need to be here for long!
  • Options
    Not new but I’ve been kinda MIA. D&C in July after a MMC at 12 weeks, second miscarriage

2. Status?
    CD 3 - started femara today! 

3. Raves/Rants:
    I’m super excited about finally being back on the wagon of TTCing....but I’m incredibly nervous too. I’m workinf with a RE this cycle - Femara x 5 days then midcycle u/s then trigger shot then shot to support the luteal phase! I’m getting butterflies even thinking about it. Wish I wasn’t so nervous all the time. 

I actually didn’t do anything for Sundaybowl Sunday! 
  • Options
    @dpjennifer I'm so sorry you're feeling frustrated. I get you though, TTCAL is so so hard and there are so many emotions that just make me really frustrated. Good luck now that you're at the end of your TWW!
    @thshaw I'm so sorry for your loss and that you find yourself here. :( I hope your stay here is short.
    @lin0442 It's so hard having to cancel all the appointment after a loss. I hated having to do that after my December loss. It's hard to admit what happened and to know that you'll have to just keep waiting and waiting... I hope your bleeding stops soon.
    @tosh24 Go you on the meal prepping! I want so badly to get better at that but it's really hard to make those changes and try to plan in advance. But I hate making lunches every day before work, so having things planned out makes that so much easier. Glad to find someone else who's not a football fan! :)
    @cassafrass15 Happy almost birthday! Hope you enjoy your upcoming long weekend and that your remaining work days aren't too stressful.
    @mrsjcrane Good luck this cycle! 

1. Introduce yourself (if new): Not new, 3 early losses in 2017. 
    2. Status? WTO, but I think today might be O day. Waiting on lab results for the standard RPL work ups. 
    3. Raves/Rants: I got a bottle of red wine to use in a recipe yesterday and now I'm enjoying the leftover wine. :) No rants aside from people at work being stupid and not doing their jobs! 
    4. GTKY: What was the best food you had on Superbowl Sunday? We didn't do anything for the Superbowl (neither MH or I like football) but we ended up making buffalo chicken dip for dinner that night just because it sounded yummy!
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    1. Introduce yourself (if new): 
    MMC dx @ 9 weeks on 12/8/17 and CP as of today :( 

2. Status? WTO I guess.

3. Raves/Rants: Not in a good place right now.  Feeling sad, mad, and just utterly defeated.  I know that no one expects RPL but I really didn't think I'd find myself in this club.  I have so much on my plate right now with school and fieldwork and I just want to crawl in a hole for a while.

A yummy cheesy spinach artichoke dip with homemade tortilla chips.
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @coco2787 I’m so sorry you’re going through this. It sounds like we’re in similar places, unfortunately. Please try and take care of yourself and take whatever space you need. Early losses sometimes just happen- while it is horrible and painful to go through, it may not be caused by some underlying problem. I don’t know if that is any comfort, but I hope it is. 
  • Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited February 2018
    1 - not new - WTO CD12

Using OPKs but have all been very faint lines.  I usually O 15-17, occasionally 19.  Been taking pg tests too because of the way I've been feeling on this clomid but they are neg so much certainty I'm not pg which is a good thing cause I need a mental break after all this.  Going to RE office today for follicle check and DH is going with me.  After that I'm done for awhile.  I already told Dh I want a mental break so we won't TTC this month which I know is weird cause I took the clomid but I've only been feeling up to BD once in the last week and that was monday when I felt my absolute best.  Today is better than yesterday.  I'm going to talk to the doc in detail today about it all.  The hot flashes are dwindling which is also good so I'd like to think its 50% out of my system at this point.  You ladies have no idea how much I'm looking forward to a new cycle.  I spoke to my mom about all this yesterday on the phone and she told me all the women in my family are sensitive to hormonal changes so that's most likely the culprit of my side effects.

GTKY - my stomach wasn't feeling good that day so I didn't get to take part of all the goodies we had bought the night before.
  • Options
    sorry @lin0442 and @coco2787 - sorry for your losses - I myself had a CP a little over a year ago
  • Options
    I’m sorry @coco2787.  I’ll be thinking about you.  I know it’s so easy to go to that “what if” place in your head wondering what’s going on and what will happen next.  
  • Options
    @dpjennifer Ew, I wish I liked goat cheese but I do not. I'm sorry you are feeling down about TTCAL. It's such a rollercoaster. 
    @Mack2342 I'm sorry you're having such a tough time with them, I would be very mad that they can't follow directions. 
    @tosh24 Keep us updated, will you test before your beta at all or wait for the call on Monday? 
    @lin0442 I'm sorry you have to keep telling the office your history, that is terrible. 
    @vlagrl29 I'm sorry you are still not feeling your best after clomid and that you don't feel up to trying this cycle. Keep us updated on the u/s. If it looked very promising do you think you'd change your mind on the BD? Fair warning, I had a lot of emotions leading up to AF in my two clomid cycles. I'm not clear on whether that was because of the clomid or the progesterone I was using, or neither. 

Not new, 3 first tri mc's. 
    2. Status? WTO
    3. Raves/Rants: Not a lot going on here. Relaxing my "rules" a bit this cycle and I'm drinking decaf coffee again. Mmm, coffee. 
    4. GTKY: What was the best food you had on Superbowl Sunday? This is kind of self-serving but I liked the crab rangoon dip I made. Our host grilled some fish that was pretty good too. 
  • Options
    @zamora_spin - I can handle emotions. It's the nAuseated feeling in the morning and mild hot flash which has me lacking sleep I can't handle. I don't need the prog thank goodness.
  • Options
    1. Introduce yourself (if new)  Went through a missed MC in December for our first pregnancy. Took me quite a while to open up the app again. 
    2. Status?  waiting on AF,  then I'll try temping and ovulation tests during the month. 
    3. Raves/Rants:  scared but excited to try again...
    4. GTKY: What was the best food you had on Superbowl Sunday?  chili cheese chip dip
  • Options
    Welcome @furmama1986.  I lost my first pregnancy with a MMC as well, last September.  Hugs to you.  We were benched for some issues for a few months and started trying again this month... it is quite an emotional trip to say the least.