July 2018 Moms
Options

Twatwaffle Tuesday 2/6

Who's the twat today?

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday 2/6

• Options
    Posting for selfish reasons...I just got our weekly electricity usage summary and with our new heater to keep our kitchen warm we are spending $100 extra this month to be warm. We don't really have $100 extra dollars to be warm so I have to unplug it, which sucks ass. DH won't let me turn it down he insists on having it at the highest level and on "comfort temp" which he says is "maximum efficiency" but I think its even too warm in here, so I feel like we could turn the temp setting down. Since he won't let me make it "less efficient" we have to just unplug it. 

It's just so annoying how much we spend to be not even be warm. Like without the heater its 55 in almost every room in the house, maybe 60 in the play room. It's cold! And our gas bill is still $500-600 a month. I hate virtually everything about this house, and the fact that its a damn icebox just adds to it. UGH!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @SmashJam do you have forced air? You could look into a wood burner or something? Our wood burner keeps our house at like 78 degrees if we don’t keep the windows open lol. I’m sorry you have to be cold. Nothing worse than being cold in a house you’re paying to be “warm.” 

@WorkinWeezel I’m so excited for the Eagles! If we weren’t 4 hours away, I’d totally come for the parade! I’ve heard parking/traffic in the city can be a nightmare on a not busy day so I can only imagine how much worse it’d get for the parade. No wonder they closed the schools!

• Options
    @SmashJam Definitely look into a wood burning stove, some can even be inserted into a fire place and they blow hot air (not through the ducts in case you don't have those). My inlaws have one and it works great

My TW today is that I forgot my lunch box... which contains my breakfast, lunch, work badge, and medicine.  Which means I have to go out for lunch, but at least my coworker gave me a donut for breakfast! 
  • Options
    So our dog is out for training for the next month (hunting school i guess) and DH doesn't have to do anything extra in the AM. So instead of him waking at his usual hour to help me more or maybe even let me sleep in a bit more, he sleeps in an extra 20 minutes. Then he proceeds to remind me we have to leave in 20 minutes....so here I am rushing to get everything done (getting ready with a toddler around and prepare our lunch bags). Like come on dude! Hopefully he got the point after our ride to the office this morning. 
  • Options
    @SmashJam hope things warm up for you!!
    @WorkinWeezel  yeah I would call out too! 

my TW pregnancy insomnia has already hit ugh so frustrating!!!  

April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @smashjam ugh I hate a cold house, i'm sorry you're dealing with that and it's SO expensive!! 
  • Options
    hillbillywifehillbillywife member
    edited February 2018
    @wildtot my H works a lot so if we do something all together a lot of times I’ll get the kids ready and meet him at his work so we can ride together to wherever. Or if he’s home by Chance when we’re getting ready I’m always irritated when he waits till the last second to get dressed so that I have to do all the work alone. 

ETA: I know how frustrating it is trying to get out of the house with a kid with no help. 

Could you work him into the routine? My son gets up and leaves for school before 7 am and we do that pretty ok together. I get out of bed first and wake up my son, then my H reminds him 5 times to get dressed and helps him get breakfast. I’ll get his backpack ready and then take him to the bus stop. I like that so much better because no one gets frazzled. 
  • Options
    Clients. Right now two in particular. One who keeps doing things that clearly impact on her case without talking to me first and then getting mad when I tell her she just screwed up her case and I'm not sure if I can fix it. And the other who just retained us a month ago and already emails me DAILY with questions. And every answer I give her leads to another question. 

@wildtot that sounds similar to how my husband is...he just doesn't realize or think about these things. I have to explicitly explain it to him and tell him what I need before he'll realize and do it. It's annoying but ive just accepted that he needs to be told these things and will never do them on his own. 
  • Options
    @SmashJam I'm sorry you're dealing with that, being cold is the worst! 

@zande2016 I think you read my mind on the annoying clients today! 

My TWT is my coworker. Today is our boss' birthday and yesterday we planned that she would get a card and I would grab doughnuts on my way in this morning. But she called me at the time I would leave on a normal day to tell me the boss needed her in asap so she couldn't get the card so could I... making me 15 minutes late because of the extra stop! Why would you plan to be late for work anyway? She should have left earlier if you ask me, like I would have had I known I had to stop. We're a flexible workplace but I'm still not the type who likes to be late. It was just annoying 
  • Options
    @moguippy @hillbillywife a pellet stove is on our radar for next year, but it's obnoxious bc there are three places the old owners had stoves and they all suck for us: downstairs where we don't hang out, in our BEDROOM (it would be so hot) and then another one down stairs below the kitchen, which wouldn't be too bad but there is no vent to let the hot air up. Likely we will put it in one of the downstairs areas.

These guys had a gas furnace, three stoves, and an outdoor wood boiler for this house. Should have been a damn clue lol.
  • Options
    @SmashJam I don't know if this would help at all, but look up Home Energy Audits.  In some states and counties they're free (Department of Energy website I think).  Our electricity provider offers one for free and I'm trying to get it booked right now.  They come in and evaluate your home (with thermal imaging too) to tell you where you're losing energy.  Then they help you determine what home updates could make the biggest impact.  We were considering buying new windows in a few rooms, but are going to wait until we do this instead.  
  • Options
    @SmashJam I hear people love their pellet stoves! Ours is an outdoor furnace and we have an old fashion radiator in the basement that is supposed to help radiate hot air to the rest of the house. I’m not sure if it’s doing it’s job but it’s warm in the basement at least lol. 

That’s a lot of heat sources for one house lol. Yikes. 
  • Options
    @MichelleAG05 my Step bro in law does this and we had them over for dinner and had him bring his little thermal imaging gun. Turns out they put no insulation between the addition and the old part of the house, so where the attic meets the kitchen. We lose massive heat. Our furnace is also not efficient enough to beat the whole house and that's what we use it for now.
  • Options
    @SmashJam so sorry you have to deal with the cold! @zande2016 and @mamamecha I'm pretty sure my twat will be work or my coworkers...just give it time! Off to my ob appointment now:)
  • Options
    @zande2016 @hillbillywife we use to have a routine where we took turns on who does what with DS but that went out the window after we got our puppy and the holiday breaks. It's been hard to get him to get back into it. He typically does change the AM diaper but I need more help than that. DS wakes me and I am up trying to get ready and sometimes dealing with his tantrums while H just stays in bed. I hate being rushed when he could have woken up earlier to help if it was really that important to leave at that time. Guess I need to make another deal with him (it's like a game of deal or no deal with H sometimes).
  • Options
    @SmashJam Definitely put it downstairs. Even if there is no vent, some of the heat will still rise through the floor (especially if its is not insulated or poorly insulated)
  • Options
    @SmashJam Hmm.  Can he come back, rent a blower from Home Depot and blow in some extra insulation for you?  I'm nervous what they're going to tell us about our place.  I think the insulation originally used in our walls has degraded!   :o:s
  • Options
    @MichelleAG05 It is totally on our list. We were gonna do it before this winter but God had other plans with what we would be doing with ALL OUR EXTRA MONEY this year. lol. Hopefully we'll be able to swing the stove and the insulation this coming fall and bring our propane usage down!
  • Options
    @zande2016 I feel your pain. I have a client that not only just created a paper trail, but also decided to go directly to the other party and discuss things. I would like nothing more than to resign from that account, I can't help that client dig back out of the hole now. And I have another client that clearly doesn't understand boundaries, calls way after hours with a "quick question", and not only is it never a quick question, but it also isn't urgent or worth contacting me after hours and she also has a tendency to be eating or something when she calls.
  • Options
    TW today is work. The way work gets assigned around here has no rhyme or reason. We have been super slow at work. Everyone is looking for something to do. My coworker just got put on a third project, meanwhile, I've been doing nothing for a month. Senior engineers and Project Managers are supposed to go to the Department head, who would normally ask that office's Area Lead who is available, but instead they just get whoever they want without asking higher ups. So here I am doing nothing.. still. And now I am super pissed and have a headache
  • Options
    LOL, I know just what you mean @SmashJam.  We conceived the night we moved into our new house and now we're like "Well, guess we'll wait to buy new furniture, new doorknobs, yadda yadda yadda"  Having 2 kids in daycare is going to be a complete killer for our "fix up the house" budget.
  • Options
    I finally have a TW. We’re supposed to get anywhere from 3-11 inches of snow tonight and throughout tomorrow and my sons school (that is notoriously unconcerned with snow) called to tell us we’ll have a 2 hour delay tomorrow. In the middle of the storm. Sounds super smart to me. Eyeroll... 
  • Options
    @hillbillywife We are supposed to get 6-12 And almost all schools were called by 8:30 last night with a few hold outs. 
  • Options
    @SmashJam hope you get to stay home and be cozy today! They ended up canceling school today thank goodness! 
  • Options
    To the girl who doesn’t work on my floor doing her makeup for 30 minutes in the bathroom. Please get out. I’d like to pee in peace. 
  • Options
    A day late but it's my wisdom teeth that started to cause so many problems now that I'm pregnant, that I have to get one removed tomorrow with novacaine and then go to work after :( 
  • Options
    @hayhay93 hope it goes well! Bummer you have to go back to work after.
  • Options
    @SmashJam my parents had a stove in the basement growing up that was under the dining room.  They cut a hole in the floor and put a decorative metal floor grate to let the heat rise up.  Looks like you can get them for under $20 on amazon .  If you have a power drill and a saw you could easily do it yourself after the stove went in :-)  It's an awesome backup if you lose power for multiple days!

@wildtot my husband is the same way - I vented to my therapist about it once and she said it's a common complaint - talked to DH about it and he said he legit just doesn't notice the stuff that needs to be done and just tell him what I want and he'll do it happily.  Still trying to explain that having to explain how/what to do is only marginally less work/stress than just doing it myself.

My TW is everyone but especially my toddler... I spent 30 min playing the "nom nom" "no all done" take ravioli away... "NOM NOM! more please" "NO" game before i just put her in her crib with a book and nap playlist and walked out muttering about David Bowie in tights coming to take her away... Then like they can smell blood EVERYONE at work has lost their ever-loving minds and asking me the dumbest crap.  My work friend laughed and said this was going to be a long pregnancy... gee thanks for the support
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 omg. Labyrinth is LIFE. I'm totally getting a onesie for my baby that says "the babe with the power" on a red stripe background and I'm trying to convince my husband to go as Jareth for Halloween. Too much? Lol
  • Options
    @kissableviv not at all! i want one now.  Burt's Bees makes a pink and white organic footie PJ that someone got us that looks just like the movie but girly - ironically DD was wearing those the first night she slept through and honestly the first thought waking up was that the goblin king took her.  DH doesn't get Labyrinth at all - he says it's disturbing
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I used to watch Labyrinth once a day growing up, seriously, I loved that movie
  • Options
    Confession: David Bowie scared the BAJEEZUS out of me in The Labyrinth growing up. Then as I got older and watched it, I started to have this creepy crush on him. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    I came to work looking forward to eating Girl Scout cookies for lunch, but nope our construction supervisor forgot to bring them. It’s gonna be a sad weekend. 
  • Options
    @wildtot that really sucks!
  • Options
    @zombiehoohaa +1 for the creepy crush!