Options

Weekly Randoms (2/5)

I feel like I spam the boards every week if I start the weekly threads. :lol:

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

Re: Weekly Randoms (2/5)

• Options
    @izza2 Thanks for starting them! :)

@krashke A++ choice on the Ben & Jerry's flavor!! We stayed up until the end of the game, but then I was out.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have jury duty Tuesday which I have to try to postpone (for the fourth time?  :#) because our flight to Orlando is Thursday and in nyc jury duty, even if not picked, is a three day commitment. Also I’m pregnant. That will matter... right? Right? I’m so screwed if they won’t let me out of it again. Not looking forward to waiting in line like two hours in the freezing cold at 9am tho. My coat doesn’t zip anymore but the insert I got makes it TOO big still soooo derp. 

But! It’s pancake month at the best pancake place EVAR so v excited to do/eat that. 

DHs CBD oil arrived last night. He took one dose after dinner and didn’t feel anything (it has no thc so it doesn’t get you high but it should make you feel more “relaxed”? I don’t know) so we’re going to try an empty stomach tonight since that’s what they reco. Figure it won’t do any harm but might help his depression/anxiety stuff. We shall see. 

I’m officially the heaviest I’ve ever been in my life. Trying not to think about weight too much, but I think I need to find a way to slow down the weight gain if this keeps up. I’m up 20 lbs, and it’s week 23. Sigh. I just keep looking at my chin/neck because I’m pretty much fine gaining anywhere else but imma panic if it goes there lol. #vanity 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 why do they make you wait in the cold?!?? 

If you are are genuinely worried about the weight gain try the GD diet. It’s basically just a balanced diet but last pregnancy I was gaining too much and as soo as I went on that I gained hardly anything else. We are too tough on ourselves though!

DD woke up screaming at 3am and it took a whole hour for me to get her back to sleep and I am tired AF. 
  • Options
    @katie121209 oh because the line is outside lol. Like, you have to wait to get in the building. And you can either get there like two hours early to be at the front of the line or you can just wait in the line. I’m vegetarian so I’m hesitant to add an additional diet on top of that. My diet is almost entirely fresh fruits/veggies so the weight gain is weird. Sorry about dd and being so sleepy today. :( 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 lots of hugs lady.  I struggled A LOT with DD about being "the heaviest i've ever been." It'll all be worth it when the little lady is here, and you're body will be okay again <3 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 Please share name of best pancake place? My sweet tooth is real and I may or may not have ordered diner pancakes for dinner one night last week...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @doxiemoxie212 I second what @katie121209 said about the GD diet. With DD, I followed it pretty closely and topped off at 18 lbs. total weight gain, which I lost a week after giving birth. Combined with BF, I was down 20 below pre-pregnancy weight at my 6-week PP check-up. 
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 OMG have you not been? Clinton Street Baking Company. It's in the LES, so not super convenient, but so worth it. They do blueberry, chocolate chip, and banana walnut everyday, but during February, they do a ton of different flavors: https://clintonstreetbaking.com/pages/about-pancakemonth 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 maybe you are retaining water then? If you are eating healthy foods I would try and remind yourself you are doing a wonderful job. I was just complaining to DH that I’m ravenous and eating way too much and he said not to worry bc it should come off easily if I BF. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 If you’re eating a reasonable diet and gaining weight, it just means your body needs the weight. It will slow down when it needs to.

I know it’s really hard anyway, no matter what anyone says or what you know intellectually. Creepy internet hugs to you!
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    @MoonOverGoldsboro @katie12120910 you're probably right, it totally could also be just fluid. I also have to remind myself that although my pre-pregnancy weight was always my weight so feels very normal to me, I was technically underweight to begin with so I'm supposed to gain more or whatever. I've never given a flying fuck about my weight, and I still mostly don't, it's just so strange to have your body change so quickly. I obviously knew it would happen, but experiencing it is really weird. 
  • Options
    @marcus7676 that is true. I was fortunate the first time around so hoping my body responds the same this time. I also was tracking my calorie intake when BF. 
  • Options
    @marcus7676 Yes! I was reading today, just by chance, I don't remember how I came across it, that for some women breastfeeding encourages weight loss, but for others it encourages your body to hang onto some fat deposits as a just-in-case since it knows you might need it to feed yourself/baby (ie, some women actually find it much easier to lose the weight after they stop breastfeeding). So it can be completely hit or miss how your body responds to it. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 That looks amaaaazing! I have not heard of it, but in my non-pregnant life, I don't even really like pancakes/sweets for breakfast, so that is probably why. Thanks for sharing!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 note: the lines can be sort of insane, BUT if you download the app NoWait, I think it will let you put your name down slightly in advance, and they text you when your table is ready. Dinner is also usually not super crazy if you're into pancakes for dinner (their non-pancake food is also insanely yum). But, yeah, if you go at like 10am on a Sat/Sun, the line will be like two hours. 
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    What @marcus7676 said. BF may have helped me lose weight with DD but was no help at all with DS. TBH, though, I did not follow the GD diet as closely with him, and I think that contributed to slowing my metabolism in comparison. 
    I really think it was following the GD diet that mostly helped PP, though.

Edited after realizing that I totally contradicted myself. Cannot word today, I has the dumb.
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212- I gained ~60 lbs with my first...and like you I was technically underweight when I got preg...just have a crazy fast metabolism...my doc wasn't concerned at all when I asked him if it was excessive.  All but maybe 3 or 4 lbs of it came off within 10ish months and I did no crazy diets or workouts or anything.  While everyone is different those of us that are on the lower end of the bmi scale likely need the extra lbs.  So far I'm on a similar (although slightly slower) path this time as well.  I'm just more active this time from chasing a toddler, lol.
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 just some creepy internet hugs for all the weight feels. That's pretty much what I felt with DS, watching that scale creep up was weird... and disturbing in a way. The GD diet did help a lot but I can totally see why that would be hard to add on for you already if you don't need to. 
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    I was complaining about the Bump being crazy slow with ads last week.  I think I've pinpointed it down to a specific ad (Delta Power Boats) that is showing up every 2-3 comments and trying to load a video.  I've never shopped for power boats, so I have no idea why this ad is coming up, and I don't see it on any other page I visit, so it may just be a bump ad - but that doesn't make sense as expectant mothers probably aren't boat shopping.  

Sorry - just a rant.  I'm annoyed that I've had to actually close the page and open again 5-6 times today because of this stupid ad.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Options
    @mytinc, maybe it's coming up because of the Delta baby furniture company, but obviously a separate company with similar name? 

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • Options
    I was the same way (then started losing weight, which had actually been bad news bears)but my OB was thrilled when I was the heaviest I’d ever been. I also started underweight, and she said an average of a pound a week was perfect. Especially if you’re eating healthy, your body is doing what it needs to do! 
  • Options
    I'm in a bit of a different situation with weight gain since I'm still technically below what I weighed when I found out I was pregnant. Starting out overweight, I obviously want to watch weight gain super closely. I've only gained 7 lbs from the lowest I got in the first tri and am still 11 lbs less than my pre-pregnancy weight. It's still scary to see those numbers start to climb, so I definitely get the feels. Also I've been eating like garbage for the past week. I'm blaming it on the fact that we're moving, but I've been giving into cravings way too much and I need to get a handle on it soon. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    @Amphibious22 I’m the same. I’m still about 10lbs under pre-pregnancy weight but up 10+ lbs from the lowest I got during 1st tri. 

I think with the way our culture is, it’s easy to be extra worried about weight gain. Even though it’s perfectly normal and good for us during pregnancy! I’m trying to remind myself that, and that my body will do what it needs to keep the baby healthy. 
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Options
    @fantasticmrsfox agreed! We're growing babies here, weight gain is kinda the point. At least that's what I keep telling myself. 

Also @doxiemoxie212 I meant to say this in my first post, but if you don't mind, please let me know how the CBD oil works for YH. Mine has been thinking about it for the same reason (helps anxiety/depression w/o the high feeling).
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    @icecubeinthedesert - but I haven't been on any of those pages either.  We still have cribs and nursery furniture from DS1 and DS2, so I haven't been looking at them.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Options
    @Amphibious22 so he says he feels nothing (he's only taken it twice now), but I think he's still comparing it to feeling high (and it doesn't get you high, so that's a dumb comparison). I've personally noticed the two nights he took it he was in a MUCH better mood and a lot more capable of handling annoying isht than he would be otherwise. We got the Charlotte's Web variety, which is legal in all states and you just order online. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 that's good to know. I think MH might still be a little paranoid to try it while job hunting in case it came up on a drug test, but I've kinda been trying to convince him to go for it anyways. Kinda selfish reasons, but I really miss MH being himself and not a person who is pure stress/anxiety. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    @Amphibious22 I could be wrong - you should double check - but I believe drug tests look for THC, which this has none of. DH is a lawyer and is also job hunting, and he's not concerned about it. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I'll do some research for AZ specific laws. And I'll probably use YH as reasoning to try it. Lol. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    I'm finally feeling like a human again after being sick all weekend. I wasn't able to keep food down and had no appetite after, so I lost like 5 pounds. I really try not to worry about weight but I feel like that is concerning as I was only up maybe 10 total. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @dinodna3 - Baby is taking your nutrients before you'll get them, so I wouldn't be too worried. As long as you're not going more than a couple of days without keeping food down/for long, baby should be fine.
    I'm glad you're feeling better!

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    @izza2 Thank you, that’s reassuring.
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    How am I going to find motivation to work for the next four months?!