June 2018 Moms

Weekly Appointments (2/5)

Thoughts on making this monthly or even bi-weekly? We usually don't go past the first page for these anymore. :hushed:

Who has appointments this week?

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

Re: Weekly Appointments (2/5)

• Loading the player...
  • @marcus7676 I've been thinking the same lately. Next apt is next wk.. then one month till biweekly ones start. Kinda crazy!!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @marcus7676 Omg you are totally right haha!  I forget about you over achievers ;) 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sunshineandwhiskey The biweekly appointments are so uneventful though. Aside from the GD test at 28 weeks (and another big ultrasound for me due to placenta previa), nothing much will happen until closer to 36 (hopefully).  
  • Fetal echo this Friday.  It's odd to have an appointment in my name at the Children's hospital.  Especially since we've been there so much with DS2.  I got a reminder about the appointment in the mail this weekend and above my name it was addressed "to the parents of".  I got a kick out of that.

As for how often we should check in, I'm okay with whatever.  I know after this Friday I have a regular check up in two weeks, then a month before my next appointment and 1 hour GD test.  After that test it's every two weeks.  Also, that week I'll be 3rd trimester.  This pregnancy is flying by (thanks to distractions from work and the other kids).

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • @izza2 @ashleymar1e Good Luck today ladies!!!! <3
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Had my AS last week, but the techs can;t say anything... Other than show you lovely pictures of your wee one! So I have a f/up OB appointment tomorrow. Hoping to learn everything is good, and what size said babe is. 
    Mama to a wonderful DD - Sep 2015, Wife to my DH since 2011, 2 dogs, a cat, and hoping to add No. 2 in May/June 2018. Canadian.
    5 - IUIs, 3 - IVF retrievals, 2- failed transfers (fresh, and frozen), PGS on second IVF resulted in 1 perfect emby, and DD. 
    3rd IVF w PGS resulted in 3! perfect embys. 1st transfer - Sep 2017 2 more on ice. 
  • Re: appts -- until we get closer to our due dates, appts will pretty much be seeing how we're doing, checking fundal height and LO's HB, and then answering any questions we have. Once we're closer to our DD's, it'll be checking the cervix, NSTs, and all that fun stuff. Which is still a good couple of months for those due in the beginning of the month. Most of us won't have ultrasounds after our a/s's, unless there's a question about growth or fluid levels. *shrug*

I also suggested/asked about changing the check ins because most of the board that used to check in and share their appts and updates aren't active anymore. So the thread, naturally, isn't as active. :smile:

I don't mind if it stays weekly or changes otherwise -- just figured we could save starting the threads weekly when they're not going to be super active for a couple of months. :smile:

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Welp, not so great update about yesterdays US. I have a low-lying placenta (0.6cm from my cervix) which the tech did tell me about yesterday but she said most of the time they move so I wasn't super concerned. OB called this morning and said the same, that it does likely move up further as your uterus grows, so we'll do another US at 32 weeks to check. But until then I'm on pelvic rest and can't have sex :disappointed::disappointed: Anyone else in the same boat?
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • @elsie42 Yup, same boat. OB said 90% of cases this early on resolve themselves and she was not concerned. Mine was marginal. Getting rechecked at 26 weeks. Today's my birthday and I can't even DTD :(
  • Ugh, I'm sorry! Happy birthday despite that huge bummer! I wish they were checking mine sooner. It's gonna be a looooooong 12 weeks... 
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • Aw, @kfren happy birthday! And question for both you and @elsie42 if you don't mind answering -- did either of your doctors mention whether *all* sex is off the table? Like, um, could one's husband wish them a happy birthday in other ways?
  • @emiliadkay mine used the words "nothing in the vagina" lol
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • @elsie42 Thanks! Sorry you're part of this club, too. Did she say why she was waiting so long to check you out again? 
    @emiliadkay Thanks! Mine said no intercourse, so I suppose that is open to interpretation...
  • elsie42elsie42 member
    edited February 2018
    @kfren she didn't but I have an appointment in 2 weeks so I think I will ask about it then
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • @kfren happy birthday!
    @elsie42 sorry to hear your news, take care of yourself and hoping everything works out!
  • @kfren Happy Birthday! I agree with the ladies. Definitely sounds like you have some other feel good options for the evening. Hope your day is wonderful either way. 
  • edited February 2018
    @stephcat421 Thanks!

@marcus7676 My OB scheduled me out before I even hit the 12-week mark, so I didn't have that feeling this time. It's weird how surreal this still is to me at this point. 

@Amphibious22 Thanks! I sure hope so ;) Best of luck at your A/S!

@amys614 Thanks! Honestly, as long as this days ends with ice cream, I will consider it a success. 
  • Happy birthday, @kfren! May your ice cream be as delicious as an orgasm.  ;)
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Happy belated birthday, @kfren!

Had my second anatomy scan yesterday and met with my OB this morning. They still couldn't get a scan of either baby's heart, so I'm going to a pediatric cardiologist for a "fetal echo" next week. I know it is no one's fault and that this is important, but I'm sooo annoyed to have to go again - for a third week in a row. Blargh...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 Thanks! Fingers crossed those babies cooperate! Sorry you have to go get scanned yet again, but it's gotta be nice to see them so frequently ;) 
  • @mytinc Excellent news!!  <3
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • How wonderful to hear, @mytinc! So happy you have that peace of mind.
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18