June 2018 Moms
Options

FTM Check In (February)

Thanks STM+ for reminding me we need one of these for February!

How far along are you? What size is baby?

How are you feeling

Any Questions? Rants? Raves?

GTKY: If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: FTM Check In (February)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    22 weeks today!  A cocunut, apparently.

How are you feeling
    Great.  I pee a lot.  Also feeling... larger.  I packed regular clothes that I can button with a hair tie for my trip and I have that awful feeling I'm going to "pop" while there and have no clothes that fit.  I'm bringing a pair of maternity pants just in case..

My pupparoo is my rant.  We're taking her on our trip and it's her first flight.  I'm super nervous how she's gonna react on the plane.  DH and I have been taking her on short drives every day to get her used to the carrier.  Sometimes she whines a little, other times she'll just be fixated on the kong filled with peanut butter I give her.  On today's drive she went completely psycho crying to be out - of course she was the worst on her last test drive, but as soon as I let her out at home she gets excited and just goes back in it to resume eating her peanut butter treat *sigh*.  So, tomorrow should be interesting.  Rave is that in 24 hours we'll actually be in the Keys and the flight part will be over  :p  Also BBB emailed me today saying my crib/dresser is in and so I've set delivery for next Saturday!

GTKY: If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make?
    Um, no nail biting allowed!!  It drives me bat shit crazy.  DH does it and it irks me so much.  @LaceyBee522 Have you seen the Bud Light Dilly Dilly commercial?  Where the wizard dude is like, You know I can give you anything you want, for example immortality?  And the King is just like nah I'll have the Bud Light.  Well you and I are the ones who wish for Bud Light 
    :D 
  • Options
    How far along are you? What size is baby? 20+4 pint of root beer 

How are you feeling?  Like @LaceyBee522 my hips have been killing me. I might see about a chiropractor.  

Any Questions? Rants? Raves? We may have found a day care provider! It’s all about who you know. A women at work saw that I had posted on an FB group for ISO an opening for September and she said that her daughter is turning two in August so her provider would have an infant opening. No Q’s that I can think of. 

GTKY: If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make? Probably something to have to do with surrendering an animal. Like if you ever surrender an animal you cannot adopt another one. I hate the number of homeless animals and people that continue to be careless with adopting. 

@doxiemoxie212 it would be really interesting if people had to share their salaries. There are definitely a few people at work that I would like to know how much they make. Especially because they do nothing. 

@ffw0617 I’m sorry you’re stressed. Hopefully you can at least talk it out with YH about how he’s treating you. 

@Amphibious22 I will eat anything put in front of me right now. 

@becca_123 I love those bud light commercials. And as a society we need a healthy mix of the moral rule and frivolous ones to keep us all sane. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    19+3, mango/hedgehog/zucchini

How are you feeling? 
    Good, still dealing with some slight congestion. And also bad gas and constipation every once in a while...oops. Pregnancy is not glamorous lol. 

I get to find out the baby's sex on Tuesday and I CANNOTWAIT! It feels like I've been waiting forever. No way I could ever make it to birth lol. My rant is that flu season is so damn bad this year and it gives me anxiety. I'm thankful neither DH nor I have gotten sick yet. We've kinda used it as an excuse to be homebodies for the last month lol. 

I love @emiliadkay suggestion of everyone has to vaccinate. Mine would probably be that people can't be jerks online. Cyber bullying, nasty YouTube/FB comments, general trolls, etc. Raising a kid in the world of the internet kinda intimidates me. 
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • Options
    @krashke - Girl. My SIL adopted a dog and 3 cats over a 3 year period, and rehomed all of them or gave them back to the shelter because the dog needed "too much work", one of the cats peed in her bed once (she apparently hadn't cleaned the litter box in a while), and the other two she just didn't like. It pissed me off so much. And here she is with two new cats that she just got from the shelter, complaining that they aren't getting along that well.

How far along are you? What size is baby? 19+6, basically the size of a stapler

How are you feeling? Okay. A little worried that when I run out of Zofran again my Dr won't want to re-up the script and I'll still end up with nausea/vomiting. I complained for a day that Ivan was trying to break out of my uterus, and now he doesn't kick as much and I don't like it, hah. Go figure.

Any Questions? Rants? Raves? Just signed up for the birthing class for my hospital. It'll be a weekend in April. Also got a response from Aeroflow about my breast pump coverage and they cover pretty much every basic breast pump with anywhere from a $20-$200 payment for an "upgraded" option. But holy overwhelming.
    I was planning on starting a spreadsheet to compile everything I need to do, everything I need to buy, everything I need on my registry, etc. And now I guess I'll be adding a breast pump comparison spot and start there!

I have no idea. I mean, everything everyone else has mentioned sounds awesome. I want people to use blinkers, to not throw their trash on the side of the road (*cough* especially in front of my house *cough*), to use hand sanitizer/wash their hands when their sick and cover their faces when they cough, to not come to work with the flu...

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    21 weeks today, size of a least weasel/endive. On the anatomy scan Tuesday, they said she was 15oz which seems big? 
    How are you feeling
    STILL THROWING UP. BOO. I'm almost out of my Diclegis, and I won't be refilling it because my Rx's go into my deductible and it'll be $650 for a 30 day supply until we reach the deductible (which should be by March anyways, haha, with the anatomy scan and I had some skin biopsies). Other than that I'm ok, trying to exercise a few times per week. 
    What kind of sports bra does everyone like? I'm struggling to find one that has a small enough band but big enough cups to fit my new huge boobs. Rant would be that I'm sick of people begging to know the baby name. NO. Rave- I got to play with the hospital therapy dog the other day, while she was "off duty" and playing in the hall by my office. I miss my dog so much and it was nice to get some puppy love. 
    So many great rules....if we all combined forces we'd have some pretty great laws! Haha! I agree- I hate when people wander aimlessly texting, I can't stand people who don't use their turn signals, litterbugs suck, people should vaccinate (I work in a hospital and people don't vax and then complain about having to wear a mask..ugh), and I think it really blows when people come to work sick and share it. I think a good law would be for everyone to take a basic adulting class- I feel like so many people are completely clueless on how to carry out basic day to day tasks and be decent humans. You could learn things like basic meal prep, how to pay your bills, ways your actions impact those around you, how to properly vet and interpret news information....Perhaps I'm just crabby because I'm pregnant, IDK. I feel like lately I have zero tolerance for idiocy. haha
  • Options
    @bearmoons I would actually really like that class. There have been so many times where things seemed like they should be super easy and basic but they weren't and I'm just like why has no one taught me how to do this basic adult thing that all the adults know how to do. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @bearmoons if you figure out the sports bra thing, let me know. Rocking 32DDD over here, and apparently they just simply do not make sports bras for this size lol. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? What size is baby? 19 weeks today, apparently a mango. TBH the fruit comparisons bug me, mangos are so many sizes! The tiny ones are usually the most delicious. 

How are you feeling? Freaking fantastic. Only symptoms are some back pain I've had all along (but I'm in PT and it's getting better) and peeing all the darn time. 

Any Questions? Rants? Raves? So anxious for anatomy scan Monday. Finding out the gender is great and all, but baby not having hydrocephalus, heart issues, etc, will be much more of a relief for me.

GTKY: If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make? I like doxies idea of salary transparency. My current employer showed me a spreadsheet with everyone's salary when I was hired and I respected it a lot.
  • Options
    @ashleymar1e meanwhile, HR at my old job accidentally sent out an excel sheet with all current/past employees salaries that showed the men a level below me made more than I did, and they made nearly 40% more than all the women at their level. What fun! lol (Management tried to say it was because both men had masters degrees, but many of the women at their level at phds, soooo pretttttttyyyyy sure they were full of shit.) 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 In another life when I was running long distance, I used Moving Comfort which I think is now Brooks, and I had a few that were 32C, so maaaaaaaybe you could find one that fit? I've been so busy over the last few years with going back to school and a new career that I've gotten lazy and gained about 25-30 pounds so now I'm more of a 34 or maybe a 36 with the babe. I think I might be like a 34DDD or bigger...so I think we are in the same boat as far as smaller band size with huge jugs. From what I understand they are only going to get bigger lol.
  • Options
    @bearmoons @doxiemoxie212 I'll look at my brand of sports bra when I get home tonight. They have an insane range of sizes. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @bearmoons @doxiemoxie212 +1 to the huge boobs! I have put off getting a new bra because I know they are just going to get bigger. I'm a 36D now so idk what I would need. 36DD possibly a 36DDD? I am also usually most comfortable with myself in a underwire push up bra and I think the extra padding in the pushup is really taking up valuable boob space and making them look even bigger. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @krashke pre-pregnancy when I was more like a 30D, I was all about the pushup. Now I'm over here like, how can I minimize these things?? And I'm so overwhelmed about the likely possibility of them getting larger. It's too much! I take back all my middle school dreams of huge boobs! 
  • Options
    We need to step up our game. The STM+ thread has way more action. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    22 weeks today!
    https://babysizer.com/geeky/22
    Pip-boy in geek-speak, but bag of half dozen bagels in food talk. That just seems big. TB says coconut ...

How are you feeling?
    Fine for most part. Indigestion is off and on. Getting Tums this weekend and OB suggested about a board under mattress.
    Anxiety was triggered by something. Going to take some time to calm down, but if it's not more under control by mid-month I am speaking to my dr. I don't think we can change meds, but she may have other options on how to deal.

Rant about people.
    We had a family gender reveal cake. I specifically didn't tell people about it, because they weren't invited. I happened to mention it on my youtube vid and 2 'friends' got pissy.
    Like wtf ... I said it was family only. Zero friends were to be invited.
    One is pissy I never make plans with her, and it took EVERYTHING in me to not snap back - she doesn't live directly in the city, but has come and done stuff with other people. Where the fuck was my invite?
    Whatever .... I'm kinda letting them be pissy cuz I'm tired of caring.

In relation to above situation, it would be that when someone - friend, family, etc - the sense of being entitled to anything needs to drop. Expect nothing from expecting parents.
  • Options
    LaceyBee522LaceyBee522 member
    edited February 2018
    @MissKittyDanger It always amazes me when people get pissy about not being invited to things like a gender reveal. I'm always relieved! I like seeing my friends, but I don't want to hang out for hours just to wait for you to cut a cake or whatever. And in my life before being pregnant, I usually got annoyed because there weren't any booze.

ETA, MH's friend lives in Florida now and his wife just had their third baby. They sent out an invite to Facetime with the baby tomorrow. I don't even know what to say about that.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 Right!? The entitlement is insane.
    I mean if we were doing one that involved a lot of people, they would have been invited but it's not common we have just immediate family {like our parents and my H's brother + his gf} Especially because his parents are separated.
  • Options
    @krashke & @emiliadkay thanks for the well wishes
    I know I keep coming back to this but this pregnancy is A LOT like my engagement. Its SOOOOOO much less enjoyable than I thought it would be. (I actually hated my engagement, hated everything about it.) I love this baby already and I know the process is worth it but I have no desire to do it again right now.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Options
    20 weeks today - baby is size of a banana or piece of bacon
    How are you feeling
    Really good! No real symptoms other than the lovely gas that everyone else seems to have also lol.
    Having trouble sleeping on my side. I have always been a back sleeper and I find myself waking up a lot tossing and turning. I may give the pregnancy pillow a try.
    You shouldn't receive a tax return if you do not work or make your own income. 
    26 y/o FTM (biologically)
    1 Child - Son - 9 y/o
    Married - DH 27 y/o 
    BFP: 10/13/17
    EDD: 6/22/18
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @srb1028 sleeping on my side has been hard for me too lately. I was a stomach sleeper pre-pregnancy and I hate that I can't now (it's not even comfortable anymore even though my bump is tiny)  If I wake up in the middle of the night it's so hard to get back to sleep on my side. 
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • Options
    @bearmoons @doxiemoxie212 I’m 34DDD and I recommend the Champion high impact sports bra, also VS have some in small band sizes with DDD and above. I’ve heard the Third love bras are good but I haven’t tried them. 

20 weeks 2 days! Banana(?) or a venti iced coffee haha. 

How are you feeling
    Good! I am a bit tired today and my hips feel achy, some heartburn...generally well though. :D 

Question: does a big bump at 20 weeks mean I’ll grow exponentially and be really really huge at 40 weeks?? My bump just popped and I’m having big belly anxiety haha

everyone has to engage kindly with each other. No shaming, no rudeness, no arrogance or one upmanship, no sarcasm if it’s really thinly vieled rudeness...engage kindly and with empathy. I think the world would be different if we did that. 
  • Options
    20+4 banana or microphone?

How are you feeling?
    Ok, I have old arthritis in my back that seems to be aggravating when I sleep on my side. I trained myself to be a back sleeper years ago to deal with neckpain and now I struggle to stay sideways even with the pregnancy pillow.

Physically feeling better but emotionally stressed. I have had borderline high blood pressure even before pregnancy and I think I am going to get a cuff to do readings at home. At night I hear my pulse pounding in my ears and it stresses me out.

Also I hate the navigation of mobile TB. I am considering just taking a break for a while because sometimes I open it and the pop up ads shut it down or it is so slow I can't reply or the tags don't work. I become a lurker on a board I care about and that stresses me out. I also need to focus on finishing school anyway, so yeah, probably will take some time off.

Live simply so that others may simply live.
  • Options
    @ramblebee I’m sorry you’re feeling stressed. I totally understand if you need to take a break from TB and focus on finishing school but we love having you around and I wouldn’t want to lose you! Hopefully you can find a good balance. Are you using TB app on iPhone? I do on nights and weekends and it sucks but not impossible. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @ramble ditto krashke but also try using the regular desktop site on your phone instead. Just in your browser. 
  • Options
    @ramblebee I don't know if it will help you, but the app seemed to be less glitchy for me after the latest iPhone update. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I actually rarely find the app glitchy if I’m being 100% honest....
  • Options
    It was really bad on my iPhone and ate my battery. Like 30-40% in less than 10 min. I got a new Google phone and no issues since. 
  • Options
    I never use the app, I just use the mobile site in safari
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • Options
    Most of my issues with the app have to do with the back button. Like, half the time I have to go all the way out of the BMB and then go back in because it keeps taking me back to the first thread I open up.

Which isn't horrible when i have a bunch of time to be online, but when I'm crunched for time it's annoying.

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options

21+1. I think it said endive but not sure what that is :). Carrot is on another app I have 

How are you feeling
    I’ve been generally ok. I’ve had hemmroids most of the pregnancy and some back pain, but overall I feel good most days. 

I had my anatomy scan last week and it seems like everything is ok, but I have my baby heart echo tomorrow to verify everything is working correctly with the heart and nothing is switched around for where it should be (my niece had issues and surgery after birth so I’m just checking in case it was genetic). I was measuring 14 oz last week which was a few ounces above, but they didn’t seem to be too concerned, just told me. I have only put on 6 lbs this entire pregnancy because I had lost about 20 right before I got pregnant and during the first trimester so not sure what more I can do to keep the baby from gaining extra weight. 

GTKY: If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make? I agree with a few that other people said. Nail biting and using turn signals stood out! 
  • Options
    Hey ladies! This is my first check in and I’ve loved reading all your replies! The different size comparisons crack me up, hedgehogs and bacon and microphones lol

How far along are you/ size of baby?: I’m 21+6, baby is the size of an endive apparently, whatever that is! 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good overall, like many of you said I’m also starting to feel like an insatiable food monster!! Also starting to feel some significant back and foot pain after a day at work (I’m on my feet all day). Some indigestion issues too which I’ll also rant about! Mentally feeling great, getting deep into research mode over birth methods, interventions, doulas and breastfeeding! 

Any questions? Rants? Raves?: indigestion/gas is killing me! The other night I was literally crying about it to MH. It’s so embarrassing and it seems like no diet changes can stop it!! Please tell me it goes away!! 

GTKY: If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow what rule would you make?: Everyone at some point, ideally after high school and before college, must serve in the military for two years or work in the service industry for two years. Builds character and takes some of the entitlement out of people.  As someone who has worked in the service industry for 10 years I love my job but it’s always amazing to me how people treat me as if I’m less than because I chose to serve people instead of sit behind a desk. Everyone needs a little perspective on the human experience! 
  • Options
    @ramblebee I use the app exclusively and I kind of hate it too. It’s the main reason I haven’t been more active in this group but I’m trying to push through my frustration because I want to connect with other FTMs so bad! 
  • Options
    @kellicoptor062018 - I can't tell you if the gas will actually go away, but I can say that Gas-X has been a life saver for me! I had painful gas early on, and used it every day, or every meal depending on how bad it was that day -- but now I'm at the point where I only take it if I feel it coming on, or know I'm eating something that historically has given me bad gas.

Are you having regular bowel movements? I know in the past I've mistaken the beginnings of constipation for gas, and the gas-X didn't do anything for me (of course). If you're not having regular bowel movements, or you're having regular ones but they're hard/difficult to pass, a stool softener daily (and lots of fiber and water) could help you with that. That could also cause pain.

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    edited February 2018
    @izza2 I am still having regular bowel movements (thank God) so I think it’s time for me to invest in some Gas-X! To be honest I can’t believe I hadn’t thought about getting some yet! I blame baby brain!  :D