July 2018 Moms
Options

weekday randoms part 2 2/1-2/2

2»

Re: weekday randoms part 2 2/1-2/2

• Options
    @farmmomwithbaby1 i saw you posted in the AW Ultrasound thread with a question, just a friendly FYI that posted is to share pics and love its. You might want to ask your question here or maybe genetics thread (can’t find s questions thread for this week). Wouldn’t want you to think we are ignoring you. 
  • Options
    SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited February 2018
    deleted my answer and PM'd @farmmomwithbaby1 I'm sorry guys I'm super down today and right now and I think it clouded my judgement not so much as to what to say, but where to say it. UGH. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @SmashJam sorry to hear your having a rough day! Hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    @SmashJam hugs!! sorry you are having a hard day :( 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    LadyJ2949LadyJ2949 member
    edited February 2018
    4deep said:
    Do any of y’all use a foam mattress? You know the kind that are oh so popular right now and ship straight to your house in a box? I need advice. My mattress is killing me. I’m so uncomfortable. It’s over 10 years old super plush pillow top. It has zero support. Buying a mattress for a few thousand isn’t an option at the moment. But I need something to get me through this pregnancy so I’m considering ordering a foam mattress online. Anyone have experience? Tips? 

We just bought a new foam topper (not a different mattress, just like a thick foam mattress pad) and all new bedding from ikea and it made SUCH a huge difference. It’s like sleeping on a whole new mattress without the crazy price tag. It has even been helping my insomnia issues. I’m seriously in love. Worth looking into!

imageimage

• Options
    Ugh...that moment where you thought you put sugar in your coffee and then take a sip only to realize you did NOT put sugar in your coffee. 

• Options
    @hillbillywife I'm 15 weeks tomorrow and it's blowing my mind how fast everything is going. I have SOOOO much to do! I'm just excited that tomorrow we are doing the gender reveal so I can start making serious plans for the nursery with hubster.
  • Options
    @nimmle I know! I was talking about the things I need to get done with my H last night. Baby is going to have to share a room and if it’s a girl then we have to switch kid bedrooms. We don’t have to do a ton thankfully but it’ll definitely creep up on me if I put it on the back burner. 

Yay for gender reveal!! So exciting!
  • Options
    @hillbillywife I will be 19 weeks next week!  Almost half baked!!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    @SmashJam I am sorry you didn't have a good day yesterday.  I hope today is much better!  I am in the same boat today. My day got off to an awful start....arguing with my husband, a crying kid, late for work/school.  Just everything has been terrible.  I have back to back meetings all day starting at 10 and I want to throat punch someone.  UGH. 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    Rant - Hubby is ruining our babymoon planning. I have some restrictions because of work and I have literally 3 weeks I can go.

Week 1 - He has a sales conference in Cancun - he doesn't need to go, but he wants to
    Week 2 - His MBA class final - ok fine
    Week 3 - He wants to take a trip with his buddy to go to a shareholders meeting for a stock he literally owns 1 share of - This is where I get pissed...because this is literally the last week before I enter my third trimester

So annoyed
  • Options
    @hillbillywife yes!! im 19 weeks kn tuesday and we have our anatomy scan when I turn 20 the following week!! I am counting down the days haha it has felt like forever and ive been irrationally scared with still not feeling babe even though I know it is normal i am so tempted ti order a doppler 

• Options
    @nimmle That is super annoying that he's ruining the babymoon. Can you join him on the conference to cancun and make it a babymoon too? or can you go at the beginning of your third Tri? DH is an accountant so we can't go anywhere until after April 15, so we booked our babymoon that week, and I'll be 28/29 weeks then. Very beginning of third tri but am still confident it'll be ok. 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @rachelsogo I would, but Cancun is out because they still have Zika. We're planning on going to Hawaii and I don't want to go too late because the flights from the east coast are so long.
  • Options
    @nimmle that’s super frustrating! I would definitely veto that week 3 options.
    Babymoon > random trip with buddy
  • Options
    Just booked a trip this morning to go visit my best friend in Montana for a week in March.  I'm excited!  A little worried that it's going to be super cold or that DD isn't going to sleep well up there, but excited nonetheless! 

My doc strongly encourages not traveling (I'm borderline high risk) after 28 weeks so while I would have preferred April, March will be fun too!
  • Options
    @nimmle super frustrating indeed, I hope you manage to swing him towards your plan. We need to book soon as I think Hawaii is our only "close" safe bet. Have you considered Cayman or Bermuda? I know that they can be $$ but they would be closer to the east coast, right? If I had more time and $$ I would probably do Grand Cayman.

@noideawhatshesdoing I sure hope you guys get an early spring. I was hoping for more rain in California (but no more mudslides...) , It's been 72 and sunny for a week. There's still time I guess!
  • Options
    @kissableviv I thought about it but Bermuda is still cool in April. Even though Grand Cayman has been taken off the Zika list I'm still skeptical because EVERY other island in the Caribbean is impacted.
  • Options
    @noideawhatshesdoing here's hoping you get an early spring! Regardless of what the groundhog sees, I feel like it means nothing for VT. We probably have 8 more weeks of winter no matter what, lol, so when you say "early spring" or "6 more weeks of winter" I'm like, an early spring WOULD be if there were only 6 more weeks of winter.

Our last frost date that I work from for the garden is June 1, lol.
  • Options
    I bought two bags of doritos for a super bowl party, and specifically said I was bringing them. I want to eat them right now. But I don't want to go out and buy more doritos after. 
  • Options
    @kissableviv I hope you guys get a little more rain too, but maybe just showers not the drenching that causes so many problems. One of my brothers lives in Ventura and commutes to UCSB so that was a little too intense for me and I couldn't watch the news. Also, I work from my home in Portland, but my office is near Universal City, so I roll my eyes every time one of my coworkers complains about the "rain". You guys need it!

@SmashJam wow! June 1! I've not been to VT yet but we'll get to it eventually I'm sure. I knew winters were long up there, but didn't realize that long! Rain I can handle like a champ, but cold? Nope, can't do it. Hoping you get a "early spring"!

I saw a couple of low to mid 60 degree days in our forecast for next week (unseasonably warm for here), so I'm hoping to get outside and get some fresh air. And also, once it hits 60 degrees here in Portland, suddenly there are a lot of really pale pale legs in shorts. Its like 60 is the great divide here between cold and hot. Lol.
  • Options
    @nimmle is he aware that if he goes to Cancun he has to wear a condom for sex of all kinds when he comes back since it can be passed to you that way and can affect the baby? That might convince him to opt out of that one! You can show him the CDC site to prove it too! https://www.cdc.gov/zika/men/index.html#pregnant-partner

@noideawhatshesdoing I hope Dale is right...it’s -17C here today and I am so over this cold weather!
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @comealongponds whoa you are right! Glad the hubby is only going as far as Vegas in the next future.
    @nimmle my FIL suggested Curacao as well, but damn, he's the one with the time and the disposable income. It's close to Aruba, and Aruba is safe too, if you look at the map it kind of makes sense because it's far South. Anyways, Hawaii is always amazing! I love Maui and plan to go there but I've never been to the big island so I'm torn. In general I've never been there with DH, so it will be great regardless. 
  • Options
    I hate my aldi job weekends. 95% of my coworkers are lazy losers. It pisses me off even more that they get away with it and I have to work even freaking harder because my supervisors are too resigned to them ugh!!! Why get a job if you cant even do the bare minimum?! I know I shouldn't call people losers but I am so sick and tired of having to pick up their slack because they just "don't want to do their job". B**** do your job so I can go the eff home on time 

• Options
    @comealongponds Lol, yup I told him that too. That's up to him but clearly nothing oral will be happening for awhile lol.

@kissableviv According to the CDC website Aruba is still affected too.
  • Options
    @nimmle ah damn, I thought that might be a good kick in the ass. I hope you can work something out!
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @nimmle, damn, I thought it was off for a while when I looked at honeymoon destinations. I know it's first world problem really, but what a freaking bummer!
  • Options
    DH cracks me up. He’ll put his had on my belly and he’ll say he feels baby kick. Uh dude i didn’t feel a thing so it was probably just gas lol there was once that i felt a kick he said he felt it but it was opposite ends so i think not. 
  • Options
    Has anyone read the scary mommy article "6 reasons to marry a man that finishes fast"? I laughed out loud at most of them, especially the one about finishing before either of you realizes your vagina smells like a hamster cage. I have been irrationally worried about smell this pregnancy, I even had the doc do tests, and it resonated. Anyway, sorry if inappropriate just wanted to share with someone and didn't want to send to DH because...male ego. 
  • Options
    @SmashJam just looked it up. Lol I’m not a fan of quickies but that sheets one i can relate to in general and honestly in most cases I’d rather sleep than a quickie. Either commit or nada.