August 2018 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change - 1/31

How many weeks are you/baby's size?

How are you feeling?

Any appts this week?

Rants/raves/questions?

GTKY: If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would you choose and why?

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change - 1/31

• How many weeks are you/baby's size?
    12 weeks - baby is a plum or a jelly donut hole.

How are you feeling?
    Still bad.  Nausea sucks.  Also adding in frequent wake ups at night, which is a bummer.  I was hoping that wouldn't start for a while.

Any appts this week?
    Had an appointment yesterday! Got to hear the heartbeat and see the little squish for our nuchal translucency scan.  Everything looks good and only one baby so that was a relief!

Rants/raves/questions?
    I'm really boring right now.  Nothing very exciting is happening and I'm just trying to survive until the nausea subsides.  We are probably going to announce on Facebook this weekend with a pic of DD holding a letter board that says "Big sister, August 2018" so that will be fun.  It will be a relief to tell everyone so I can stop wearing baggy shirts to work.

GTKY: If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would you choose and why?
    DH's mom.  She passed away a few years before we met.  I never knew her but I often feel sad that she isn't a part of our life.  After DD was born, I actually cried a lot thinking how she would never meet or know DH's mom.  PP hormones man.  I was a mess.
  • @juliebird6 are you due Aug 15, too? 

How many weeks are you/baby's size?

12 weeks! The size of a plum. 

How are you feeling?
    Still very tired and nauseated. The diclegis works ok but I have to keep eating to keep the nausea at bay and nothing sounds good, either. Ugh. 

Any appts this week?
    I have what I think is the NT ultrasound tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing baby again. 

Rants/raves/questions?
    Rave: I went to a postpartum/mental health support group for the first time last night and it was so wonderful. Even though DS is 3.5, I still think I’m dealing with some PP stuff and feeling nervous about having a second baby. It was so helpful and supportive and I hope to make it a regular part of my routine. 

I’d have dinner with any of my grandparents. I only knew my paternal grandma and she died when I was 10, so maybe my maternal grandma. 

• Loading the player...
  • @ladygali Yes! Due date buddies  :)
  • Yay!! @juliebird6

Also, the GTKY question made me think of this: 
  • How many weeks are you/baby's size? 13 weeks! Hello 2nd tri :)

How are you feeling? Pretty decent. Still tired, but I think I have more energy than I have lately. I've been really nauseous lately though, so I guess that's a trade off. I've also had nesting urges, but none strong enough to actually get up and clean my horribly messy house yet, much to DH's dismay!

Any appts this week? Yep, I'm high risk so my OB has been seeing me weekly. I have an appointment in 3 hours.

Rants/raves/questions? Nope, just happy to be here. I had to leave my last bmb (nov 17) when I miscarried at 11 weeks, and I loved those girls, so I was hesitant to come back and get to know people but now that I'm in the 2nd tri I'm a bit more confident and hoping to have a great bmb experience like with my first 2 (1st loss and DS's boards)

GTKY: If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would you choose and why? Tough one!! Someone I actually know/knew, I'd pick my first daughter. I'd love to see what she looks like as an almost 4 year old. Someone I don't know, I'd probably choose Julie Andrews.
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @elsieisamoocow Your GTKY made me tear up. I am so very sorry for your losses and very happy that you've joined us!
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How many weeks are you/baby's size? 14weeks (doing this a day late, whoops, was 14 weeks yesterday)

How are you feeling? Not too bad. I have piriformis syndrome that gets bad in pregnancy and yesterday it was acting up, which is a bummer.

Any appts this week? No but luckily I have one at 15w - thank goodness, my last ultrasound was at 12w on the nose so I just really want that reassurance and am starting to get worried, just PGAL brain as usual.

Rants/raves/questions? I met my best friend's new squish this week and it gave me hardcore baby fever so I am really glad I get to do it all one more time!

GTKY: If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would you choose and why? Man, only one is so tough... I would probably pick a bad-ass historical figure, but who.... I studied history so there are way too many running through my mind. Someone epic though, like Julius Caesar or Jan Sobieski... man if it can be anyone I could even pick Jesus... haha I am taking this way too seriously as you can tell and going down a rabbit hole.

• @alinafed Ha, I totally loved the rabbit hole.  Jesus would be pretty amazing.
  • Julius Caesar would be on my list too, but since I don't speak Latin, I'm afraid it would be a waste. I couldn't even bring a translator :( Same problem with Jesus, though I suppose he could pull a miracle it'd he were so inclined. 
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Julius Caesar would be on my list too, but since I don't speak Latin, I'm afraid it would be a waste. I couldn't even bring a translator :( Same problem with Jesus, though I suppose he could pull a miracle it'd he were so inclined. 

Haha I would HOPE Jesus could speak any language if he can bring people back from the dead. My dad speaks Latin so I guess I could just bring him along for Caesar lol.