September 2018 Moms
Options

TW Tuesday w/o 1/30

Re: TW Tuesday w/o 1/30

• Options
    I hope this is one of the worst ones for me this pregnancy...

First of all, my hormones are definitely a TW for making most things worse in any given situation.

But really, the biggest TW this week is the hotel housekeeper who stole DH's suitcase (without clothes), laptop, game system, headset, and basically all electronics yesterday while my H worked a 12 hour day and had a "Do not disturb" sign on his door. Are you freaking kidding me?!

Also, I love my mom, I really do, but my relationship with her is also a TW. She literally looks for things to worry about (she watched a medical show and now DS is absolutely never allowed to be around any battery whatsoever, like I was planning on doing that anyway *insert eye roll here*). She's so over the top with my DS, he LOVES her but she literally holds him non-stop and it drives me crazy. My dogs also love my mom and we're whining and pawing at the bedroom door this morning before she got up, effectively waking DS up early. Yay for free help? (I know I should be more grateful, and I am, but right I'm just overwhelmed, total first world problem).

As always, thanks for letting me vent ladies!
  • Options
    My DSD. She's been sneaking her iPad to play games on at night, which is not okay. She woke me up before 4 this morning doing that and I wasn't able to go back to sleep. I'm hiding the iPad tonight.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    On the plus side @nlc8424, you are frustrated about things that aren't related to solo-parenting for a week!? Lol I'm sorry. I hope the week goes by quickly. Is your H in town next week? Is he able to file a police report on the stolen goods? Did you ask your mom what she was exposed to while watching the show that she transferred to your DS?? :P 
  • Options
    @nlc8424 I'm a total freak about kids and batteries!!! No button batteries, no! Hubby would let the baby play with remotes or something that I felt could open too easily and I'd flip out on him. Or he'd store a remote where I felt there was a possibility the baby could reach it from the crib during the night while I was asleep and it might open and a button battery might fall out and the baby might swallow it .. Yeah... I think I watched the same show as your mom...
  • Options
    @Patience7150 true! He should be in town for part of next week. Yes, police report filed. My mom watches medical shows like it's her job, so she always has a new worry, and definitely takes reports on the internet about random medical concerns as the bible. At least she doesn't talk to me about Dr. Oz, haha.

@stothi yup, sounds like the same show! I'm very cautious so I would never allow him to interact with something unsafe, but she's just so extreme.
  • Options
    @Redpuma119 Niece use to get up MOTN and have candy binges.

My TW is hormones as well. I'm so sick of headaches and I'm really sick of DH's reaction of pure irritation on finding out I'm having one. Because apparently he thinks I enjoy having them or something *eyeroll*
  • Options
    TW complaint: my OB (nurse practicioner) -- part of a huge practice, like 40 docs. Anyhow, have had three checks of hCG at this point, they're not the numbers they expect (80, 92, 240) but they're continuing to go up... every time she's called after she's pressing for a MC (!) Like: "well are you bleeding yet?" "no cramping or ANYTHING??" "well let's talk about methotrexate"... Haven't had an ultrasound (I realize it's early, but supposedly 6w+4d). Finally doing ultrasound tomorrow to actually see what's going on. Hard to stay positive when your Dr is so gloom and freakin doom :\

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    @wkuandrea - WTF??? She's talking methotrexate without any indications there's something wrong? I would be requesting to not work with that NP. I hope all goes well tomorrow.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    thanks @DanyTargaryen. Her nurse called to schedule US this morning and I said something about it and she was really apologetic. Definitely doesn't instill confidence... 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    @wkuandrea that's sounds so messed up. I understand being honest and real about her thoughts but to push you to make a decison like that while things look even remotely promising is so wrong. I agree with PP and would not be working with her any longer  (if at all possible). Hoping everything goes good tomorrow and you can put her in her place.
  • Options
    @wkuandrea I'm sorry they are being so negative. I hope the ultrasound gives answers!!  Keep us updated tomorrow. 
  • Options
    My tw is this preggy brain. I scratched our brand new truck trying to navigate in a parking garage, couldn’t find my way to places I know by heart, and then Sunday dropped my phone while hiking, and went searching for it, only to go back the next day and find it right where I was standing when i noticed it missing. As in, if we had called it or looked down there would have been no searching....

The hike was supposed to be about half a mile but turned out to be closer to 3 miles, 2 days in a row, plus an extra lap when we looked for it the first time. I took it super slow, had dd in tow the second trip. Last night when I went to go to bed I found I was spotting, so that set off a whole new level of panic and guilt. Still waiting for a callback from the on nurse. It stopped and was only the one time when wiling, but it was bright, I’m on the couch today w the intention of moving around as little as possible.  :/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• Options
    @wkuandrea I’m so sorry you are having to go through that with your provider. Since they are in such a large practice can you maybe go to a different provider in the group even just for a second opinion? 

FX for positive us results tomorrow. 
  • Options
    My TW is all the people who keep saying that DD needs to be tested because she’s not talking yet. She’ll be 2 in 2 weeks. She says about 10 words and gibberish like crazy. She signs a ton and can point to things correctly. She’s always been advanced with her motor skills. Crawled and walked early. Can hold a crayon in perfect form. I feel like her verbal skills are coming along... just slowly. So FU all the people making me feel like there is something wrong with my kid! 
  • Options
    @meg+on+the+DL what does her pediatrician say? Signs count towards her word count. I believe at the early ages it's about all around communication. So verbal language, sign language, receptive language- basically can she understand you and communicate with you? In my kid's classroom most of the 2 year olds don't really talk well yet. My kid's a full sentence jabberbox, but it's only him and one other little girl that talk that much. 

• Options
    @stothi We see her on the 13th for her 2 yr check. At her 18 mo check up, she wasn’t concerned. So we’ll see what she says. She gestures and pulls us to what she wants. She understands a lot. I can ask her to get the milk from the fridge and she’ll do it. I can ask her to let the dogs out and she’ll open the door and then close it when they go out. Her gibberish talk has totally increased the last month. So I think it’s coming. I’m just so frustrated with people who don’t even know her that say something. Add me being pregnant on top of the comments and I literally want to mama bear rip their face off!! 
  • Options
    My TW today is my scalp. My hormones always cause issues with it, and this is a bit of a TMI as well, but part of PMS is awful dandruff, and last pregnancy it was terrible first trimester, and this one is no different. If I wash too often, it gets dry and flakes off, if I don't wash often enough it gets super greasy and causes different but more numerous flakes. It just is, having tried everything before. It'll clear up in a few weeks, but it's irritating.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @meg+on+the+DL my daughter was the same at two, minus the signs. She's three now and never.shuts.up. child talks in full sentences in her damned sleep. At about two and a half, her vocab exploded. My Bffs MIL tried telling me I needed to have her tested. The last time we saw her, Ember told her she "needed a time out because of (her) bad attitude"  :D She wasn't wrong either.

My TW is effing nausea. It's not bad enough to make me vom. Which I am thoroughly grateful for. But unless I hang out on the couch with my feet up, I am so queasy and can't get anything done around the house.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    And another one for the day. My sitter (who is a family friend and I will forever be eternally grateful to no matter what as she's been watching him for nothing since October pretty much) just told me that she's terrified of all pit bulls and can't watch my son once we get him....

I don't make enough to pay a sitter, I'd be paying to work.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    And another one for the day. My sitter (who is a family friend and I will forever be eternally grateful to no matter what as she's been watching him for nothing since October pretty much) just told me that she's terrified of all pit bulls and can't watch my son once we get him....

I don't make enough to pay a sitter, I'd be paying to work.
    How many hours at a time for she watch buddy for you? Is it short enough, like 4-6 hours, that you can kennel puppy in your room and she doesn't have to deal? It's not an ideal situation but maybe it's a compromise that could work? 

• Options
    Like Stothi said, I would try to crate pup in a space that's unused. My dog is annoying AF when guests are over so when MIL is here watching kids he goes into the basement. Or maybe friend could watch DS at her house instead if yours?
  • Options
    @MrsAdventure Thank you for the reassurance. I may tell the pediatrician that I’ve seen her improving. And if I don’t see a huge change by August, I’ll take her in. 

@pourmeamocktail I’m sorry she’s saying that. Since she is a friend, maybe have her come do a meet and greet with the dog. Are you getting it as a puppy? My pit bull mix is a saint with our baby and other people. She thinks she is the size of our shih tzu and just wants to be loved. She’s 1 1/2 and hyper but such a sweet girl. I would leave her alone with my daughter before I left my other two (I don’t leave them alone... I’m just saying). Hopefully you can get it worked out. Not the extra stress you need right now. 
  • Options
    @stothi @prpl11butterfly and @meg+on+the+DL definitely talking to her, she has agreed to at least meet him. I feel bad though, she's apparently been attacked once and bitten once. She is a total dog person too, so I'm crossing my fingers that because he's young and cute and sweet that it'll work out. Or at least that we can crate him. Wish me luck!
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pourmeamocktail I'm sure she won't be able to help falling in love with him. I mean, who doesn't love a puppy :love: