TTC after 35
Options

TTCA 35 WEEKLY CHECK IN 1/29/18

Re: TTCA 35 WEEKLY CHECK IN 1/29/18

• Options
    @Momifbysea THATS FANTASTIC!!! 9 is a great number!! I’ll be cheering your lil embryos on for the next 5 days!! Tomorrow is fertilization report, right? And I’m not sure does your clinic do a day 3 and 5 report? Or just day 5?  Ours only did a day 5. Also your brunch sound SOOOOOO delicious! Like my mouth is watering right now. 
  • Options
    @Labluver2 - thanks it is not my cup of tea. I'm willing to try femara though. I was much happier not taking meds. Dh and I had a convo which was good.  and I have a feeling we will be the one and only child fam. I understand the not giving up stuff and doing whatever it takes but when it gets stressful and exhausting it makes you question it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! So I’ll get a call with our fert report tomorrow and then a call Wednesday (yikes!) for the day 5. Praying so hard! DH just left for Kansas with a full carload of more moving boxes and I’m here wit DD but I asked a retired couple we know to bring us over some Applebee’s tonight for dinner and for some company. Then DH will drive back here early Saturday morning and I’ll be at work all day tomorrow so will have that distraction.
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 Def ask about femara since clomid isn't agreeing with you. Insurance will cover it but I don't remember any side effects besides a few hot flashes. Nothing emotional, etc like I hear Clomid causes. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    You know I've yet to have a hot flash from this yet @kristimh80
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 That's good! I just meant, if you tried Femara, that's a known side effect. I've never been on Clomid. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @vlagrl29 How are you feeling this morning?
  • Options
    Thank you for thinking of me
    @ndz2018

not good but I know I'll be ok soon I pray. I didn't take it last night so it's been a full 24 hours and glad I stopped. I pretty much had a mild anxiety attack at 6am. Haven't had in years. I can't do this anymore. I'm going to see my family doc today and hopefully get some Ativan until it gets out of my system. I've lacking much sleep and rest.

called RE to let them know. Left message. Also asking about Ativan lol! I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I'm going to see if my mil can watch DD tonight. I had to cancel my lessons yesterday and I'm hoping I'll feel better soon. I also got sick this morning. I'm just a freaking hot mess and want myself back.
  • Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited February 2018
    @vlagrl29 Ugh I’m sorry that this hasn’t agreed with you. I asked during the stims and ER about taking Xanax and the nurse told me there not a lot research about Xanax and ER or effects in eggs but they def didn’t want me to have a panick attack so they told me to go ahead and take it if I needed it. But obviously ask your RE about it.
  • Options
    @ndz2018 it's been years since I've been this bad and if I could just get sleep that would help I'm sure. Hope I feel better tomorrow. Never again.
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 Trust me I know The struggle. There have been nights where I’m just like eff it I just Won’t sleep.. I go on the couch put some documentary on and wind up falling asleep on the couch for a few hours. I saw a therapist for a bit and she would constantly remind me no one has ever died from one night of no sleep. Once i accept that I wont sleep that’s when I usually fall asleep 
  • Options
    @ndz2018 - I'm cancelling my own cycle this month lol.  I have a feeling I probably hyperstimulated god knows whats going on in my uterus.  I'm at peace though with this decision and now I just need to focus on my mental health and getting myself back again.
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 sorry to hear you went through that and hope you feel back to normal soon! I’ve been up from like 2-4am every night, maybe the stress between the IVF and the move.
  • Options
    @Momifbysea yeah you have lots going on. It can keep your mind running. I could still try femara but I would want the lowest dose lol! 
  • Options
    I liked Femara and remembered hearing that it was popular because, for one, it was so tolerable. Meanwhile, why oh why won’t my clinic call with fert report?!?
  • Options
    Nurse just called- 6 of 9 were mature and 6 of 6 fertilized!!!
  • Options
    @Momifbysea Yay!! That's wonderful news! <3 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @Momifbysea AMAZING NEWS!!!! FX they all make it to day 5!!

UGH as if I wasnt Spending enough money right now. My other dog, not the one I’m fostering, Jumped off the bed almost 3 weeks ago and just as I was Opening the door one of his paws slid under it ... it was the like the perfect storm so I took him to the vet when it first happened got X-rays and nothing was broken got him some pain meds and he’s still limping on it almost 3 weeks later. Took him back today and now it may be a ligament tear.. which is only fixed by SURGERY!! Awesome! 
  • Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited February 2018
    @ndz2018 - so sorry for your poor pup getting injured.  I heard back from my RE nurse and because I only took 3 pills she wants me to sit the cycle out but I'd kinda still like to get the scan just to see what happened and if we can at least have unprotected sex this month.  I wouldn't risk it if I had 4 follicles or more.  still thinking I might keep that appt next week for the check.

ETA - and our puppy is starting heat today :(  I was already getting her spayed end of month.  So I had to go out and buy some diapers.  I've never dealt with a dog in heat before.
  • Options
    So good news and bad news after post op

Bad news first - I’ll be benched one more cycle after this. She said the septum was really big and wouldn’t feel comfortable with transferring after only one cycle she said she usually does , but since mine was so large she rather wait and make it the best environment for our embryo 

Good new - I’ll have my first horomone free cycle in MONTHS!!! I feel like this is a good thing! I can prepare myself mentally and physically for the transfer in April. So March will be all about focusing on me! 
  • Options
    kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited February 2018
    @ndz2018 So sorry to hear about your puppy! But hooray for a hormone-free cycle!!! I know you'd love to transfer sooner, but knowing you'll get a little break and it'll be the best conditions for transfer makes it worth it! :smiley:

@vlagrl29 I'd want a scan too...it's nice to know what all is going on so you're prepared either way! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    Hey everyone! Thanks for the positive vibes on the job search. I did get a job this week. 

Good luck to all those fertilzed eggs! Exciting! And a hormone free cycle sounds like a breathe of fresh air. 

OB called me from home today tonight. My HCG level on Sunday was 77 but today was 199. Last Friday it was 160. OB wants more blood work on Monday. The concern is an ectopic pregnancy. I don’t know what to feel. 
  • Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited February 2018
    @ndz2018 I think that's great. You get a month to not worry about anything or take any hormones which I'm sure your over it.

@momifbysea - I hope you get some good ones that make it to day 5.

dh and I talked tonight and we both still want the scan so we know what happened. I already ovulate on my own so there is always a chance. After I took that anxiety pill I feel like myself again! I went thru that hell called clomid and I don't want to waste the cycle. So I guess I'm not giving up yet. I'm going to start my estrodial tonight.
  • Options
    @mrsa1026 Congrats on the new job!! FX for you! Hope your #'s continue to rise and it all works out!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    Finally I can post again, my phone app hasn’t allowed me to do anything but read these!

@mrsa1026 happy to hear you found a job that’s gotta take a load of stress away!

@ndz2018 glad they’re being careful and it will be worth the wait to do it under the most ideal circumstances.

@kristimh80 when will you hear next?

I’m having anxiety during this wait for the day 5 report. While I’m relieved that all 6 fertilized, it’s so hard to not stress about the call I will get Wednesday since the last four times that Call has ended the cycle. I’ll be on the road alone to a meeting over an hour away when the Call comes in and I’m thinking of letting it go to voicemail so I listen after my meeting? It’s a very delicate negotiation meeting and I can’t be off in the head for it. Plus I don’t want to crash my car. Wish one of you could listen for me first and then tell me lol! I need to find a way to pass this time without my stomach in knots! Oh wait...I have moving boxes to pack for movers arriving on the 12th...
  • Options
    @mrsa1026 sorry about the hcg levels and I hope it's not etopic.

@Momifbysea sorry for the anxiety. It truly sucks. I'm still feeling the side effects of clomid so I'm glad I got the Ativan. I really hope this passes soon. I really want myself back stat! Hard to function. They say the half life is 5 days but I was thinking of calling our vitamin shop and see if they knew of a quicker way to get it out of my system. I really need to do my hair. It's been in a bad ponytail for 3 days.
  • Options
    @Momifbysea Ugh the waiting definitely sucks big time!! I don't blame you, I'd let it go to voicemail as well. They are supposed to call today with Day 3 results and I want to do the same thing!  :/ Some times ignorance is bliss and I prefer to live i my little bubble. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @Momifbysea Can they call your DH for you? This way your phone won’t even ring and you can concentrate on work that day and when you’re finished with your meeting you can call him? 

@mrsa1026 I really hope It’s not an ectopic. Sorry you guys are dealing with this. 

@kristimh80 Hoping for lots of embryos make it to day 5!
  • Options
    AFM: Embryologist just called. Still have 24 hanging out in culture. 11-Good, 8-Fair and 5-Poor. Tuesday they'll call with Day 6 before PGS testing. So not sure what to expect...was expecting 1/2 this today.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @kristimh80 Thats fantastic news!!!
  • Options
    great news @kristimh80 - Glad things are going well. 

I got a 3 day gentle detox to clear out my system and I'll start that tomorrow AM
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 good for you. 

So im totally bummed about having to wait another cycle. I know It’s the best thing to do so im doing it. Doesn’t mean I need to be happy about it or like it. Think I’m going to take this weekend and be sad and eat like crap! Come Monday I think it’s time to press the reset button, Shake these negative feelings and figure out a game plan for this month and March! IVF and hormone we unkind to my body and since starting this jounrey I’ve packed on 10 very unwanted pounds...taking them off Before my transfer is my goal. 
  • Options
    @ndz2018 Totally understandable!! Do what you need to go for yourself right now! These hormones makes us and our bodies all out of whack!  I've decided this weekend I don't care either and going to continue eating junk as well! I need a reset button also. Starting not to look quite 3-4 months preggo due to bloating. They save average is around 10 lbs gained thru this process. I keep telling myself it's water weight while I have a cupcake lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited February 2018
    @kristimh80 So glad to hear that is normal! Since tomorrow is super bowl im going to make our famous stuffed mushroom ... fry up some leek in butter, mix with goat cheese and parmesan cheese ... stuff the mushrooms with that mixture and bake ... OMG SOOOOO YUMMY!! And all the other goodness that cames with super bowl Sunday... chips, dips, wings etc .. I’m even gonna drink!  Hope you’re staring feel better !!
  • Options
    @ndz2018 OMG that sounds AMAZING!!!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @ndz2018 maybe on the time you are waiting you get your body to where it was and take care of yourself physically and emotionally.
  • Options
    @kristimh80 great news, those numbers are amazing!
  • Options
    I had no idea it was going to snow today!  In other news only  4 hours of sleep last night blech!  Just a few more days.  For you ladies that are doing IVF does the menopur make you feel like you have the flu - sick to your stomach and nausea.  I have a friend that just started and didn't know if it was the meds or what.  She also is doing gonal f.
  • Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited February 2018
    @vlagrl29 I had a tough time with the meds and my stomach. I was going to the bathroom a lot , TMI it was loose, it made me exhausted, gassy, bloated, etc wasn’t too nausea but definitely a sour stomach. 
  • Options
    yea I think that's what she is experiencing. @ndz2018 thanks