June 2018 Moms
Options

weekly randoms 1/29

Re: weekly randoms 1/29

• Options
    sabby2sabby2 member
    edited February 2018
    I just had a realization that I didn't buy or eat Ben and Jerry's yesterday at 20 weeks and had a completely crappy night with a tantrum-ing dd.  Probably need to purchase that tomorrw.

Oh, also I totally have an anterior placenta so that explains the not feeling a ton of movement.  He was moving a ton in there today at our US.  I then proceeded to feel kicks to my bladder and what feels like cervix all day.  

Edit because I suck at typing on my phone.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Finally got a pediatrician figured out. It was more work than I thought to sort through insurance and location and reviews and recommendations. 
  • Options
    @Amphibious22 my tax return deposited today!!!  Pumped  :#
  • Options
    @kfren I heard this works for changing pads too!
  • Options
    @ramblebee That's a good idea! I'm glad you mentioned it. I quit using the changing table when DD was about 1 and I never used it for DS, as it became clothing/toy storage. I change him on the bed and just throw down a cloth insert if I think it's gonna be a messy one.  
  • Options
    kfren said:
    Just wanted to throw this out there for FTMs, as I was reminded last night why I was glad I did this:
    Put a crib sheet on your crib mattress, then a waterproof crib mattress pad, then another crib sheet. That way, if you end up having to change the crib sheet unexpectedly, it's as easy as peeling off the top two layers and laying baby back down (after they've been cleaned up, of course.) 
    Yessssss Works for when they have the Stomach bug too.  
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @sabby2 get that b&j today! you deserve it! And feel yah on the bladder hit. sometimes it just feels like he's tap dancing in there.

AFM today. I contacted our photographer and they're sendng us a contract. newborn session is just about booked! I'm totally behind on everything else but I got this done! :D 3and a half months till baby!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    I seem to be at the point where if I have to pee, it feels like I really have to pee.
    Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.
    Thanks kid lmfao
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 I knew having to pee was a thing but this is crazy! I've been on my way to the bathroom and sneezed, then almost peed myself! WTF! LMFAO
  • Options
    @kfren Loling at "snissing"! 

@amys614 You are not alone, girl. I have a couple of numbers for nannies, but am just kind of sitting on them, because the idea of interviewing and hiring a nanny feels all kinds of overwhelming. I found a newborn photog I like, but she hasn't responded to my inquiries...so I'm just kind of shrugging at figuring that out too.

ANDPLUSALSO, we need a new friggin' apartment. Our landlord has not responded to my email asking if we can leave our lease early, so I have no idea when we're moving. It is causing so much dumb anxiety and MH is just ignoring it all! (Whoops...this probably should have gone in the rant thread.)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kfren I like it when I sniss and miss the pantyliner. That’s super fun.  :|

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kfren yep. Preach. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kfren LMFAO Snissing .... I've only heard peezing, which makes me laugh but snissing is just great to say :')
  • Options
    @krashke I actually think the Bump has one we can edit down and put in excel 
  • Options
    katelynrae86  I feel like the fact that it is a mitten implies that you're getting waaaay up in there...hence the additional gross factor...yuck
  • Options
    $35 for 20 wipe 'mittens'?! getttt outttta here
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @krashke LOL omg at first I didn't realize there were multiple tabs, and I was going to be like krashke, girl, this is not an extensive enough list lol.  :D Thoroughly reviewing now, though... 
  • Options
    Anyone spent time in Laguna Beach? Currently our "baby moon" (assuming we don't have to cancel due to DH's work; I'm trying to be optimistic here) is going to be 4 nights in LA, 3 nights in Palm Springs, 3 nights in Laguna Beach at the end of Feb/early March. But I've never been to Laguna Beach, and I keep oscillating between thinking we should just go back to LA, or we should go all the way down to San Diego (which is dumb because our flights are already booked and they're to/from LAX), or we should try Malibu instead....  :|  Thoughts?
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 maybe I should move that first tab to the end so as to not create further confusion. Also I feel like the third tri list is overwhelming but IDK what I could move to second. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @krashke I think the third tri tab maybe seems overwhelming because you're doing it as "latest you should do this" rather than "earliest you should start this" (which does make sense, but means more stuff in third tri). What if you swapped it to all being on one tab (except for the throughout; I think that remains its own tab regardless), and then create a column for "start by" and column for "finish by" so it's sort of a range? And then make it sortable? So depending on how you feel you could look at it either way? Is that crazy? I mean, basically I want you to create an app for me lol lol. But I think this is great as is. 
  • Options
    @krashke bless you. I do well with lists. Let's see if I can not suck and check stuff off before the last minute. 

Why the hell are those shit mittens so expensive?!? 
  • Options
    Dying over the shit mittens! Work has been a b*tch this week. After a solid month of cruising on easy street, I got slammed with projects! So I'm delayed in my response but congrats @doxiemoxie212 on the freelance job! 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, we're just now doing more than covering outlets and DS is 14mos. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    +1 to @mytinc.  I was coming back to say the same thing.  In terms of babyproofing, however, I would recommend attaching the dresser (if you have one) to the wall ASAP.  Otherwise, things like baby gates, plug covers, etc., can wait.

Also, unless you risk going early, I wouldn't install the carseat until 37 weeks.  If (god forbid), you get in an accident, you may have to replace your carseat, so you don't really want it hanging out in the car for too long.  I recommend learning how to use it and install it, just don't keep it in the car.

• Options
    @kfren That's one of my favorite episodes!! :lol:
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @marcus7676 - With DS1 I had high blood pressure at my 38 week appointment.  I was sent to triage and then to L&D to be induced.  I had to call my DH and tell him to pack me a bag.  After baby was born I was still in the hospital for 24 hours before we were released.  DH installed the car seat then, before I was released.  There was plenty of down time at that point.  We also only lived 8 miles from the hospital, so going back and forth was easy.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Options
    Yeah, they attempted to induce me the first time at 36 weeks (they were unsuccessful and I ended up getting sent home for another week). That was so stressful because I wasn't ready for go-time at all (I had another month!). They basically called me on my way home from L&D and said "come back Dr says to induce you." So I went home to try to eat dinner, pack, and get ready, and they called me again rushing me to come back. It was a lot. This time, I'm going to try to be ready by 35 weeks in case of the unexpected. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @marcus7676 I wouldn't leave the car seat in the car. Just install it with the base, get it inspected, and then bring the actual seat back into the house. 

I am also planning on laboring at home for as long as possible and I'm sure I will be putzy and want things to do so I will probably make a list of all the final little things which would include putting the seat in the car and putting the hospital bag in the car. In the case of emergency I'm sure we would be able to have someone go get the seat before we're discharged if I'm not able to labor at home. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18