March 2018 Moms
Options

Weekend Ticker Change (January 27/28)

HEY HEY it's the weekend!! No gif today, but still gonna party!

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week?

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?

5) GTKY: What do you love most about being a mom? What do you find the most challenging? For my FTM, just gimme your opinions!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Weekend Ticker Change (January 27/28)

• Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 35 weeks today. Baby is a pineapple....a 6 pound pineapple!

2) How are you feeling? Achy all over! I feel like my hips/pelvis/tailbone are broken. I have gotten rid of the insomnia so that's awesome

3) Any appointments this week? Nope. No more appointments with my MFM until he cuts the cerclage at 37 weeks  :):):):):):)

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? My family's baby shower is today and I have a feeling so many more people than who RSVP are going to be there...le sigh. I have had to get myself together for the last week for dealing with so many people at once. Let's all hope I able to keep it together and not end the night rocking in a corner in the fetal position.

5) GTKY: What do you love most about being a mom? What do you find the most challenging? For my FTM, just gimme your opinions! I think I'll love watching the world through his eyes and experiencing life through him. I think the most challenging part will be trying not to be perfect all the darn time. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

32 weeks today - squash (whatever TB...)

2) How are you feeling?

Still having back pain and started swelling in my feet...gotta drink that water!!

Just a dentist appt!!

Trying to keep things chill but work threw a curveball at me and I've had to take on some additional responsibilities. I just keep chugging along and doing my best, but am annoyed bc I had planned to coast to mat leave!! Oh well.

5) GTKY: What do you love most about being a mom? What do you find the most challenging? For my FTM, just gimme your opinions!

Love all the cuddles - it's amazing to hold your LO in your arms and think, "I made that!!! WOW!!!"

The challenging thing is to not get frustrated, and there will be plenty of times when you will bc you feel like your best isn't good enough. But trust me, it always is!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

33 weeks - celery. Baby was estimated to be 4lb 6oz at my US last Wednesday!

2) How are you feeling?

I just spent 4+ hours assembling an IKEA desk by myself (proving a point to MH... ha) and now my back hates me. Other than that, pretty good.

No appointments, but we start childbirth classes on Wednesday!!

Nothing that I can think of right now.

I'm excited to see a little human with traits from both MH and I! I think most challenging will be me not being able to control everything and having to learn to be more laid back.

• Options

Sorry I meant to post to this thread earlier! Glad to hear everyone is doing pretty well!

32 weeks. squash, but wasn't acorn squash a few weeks ago?

2) How are you feeling?

Finally feeling pretty good. crabby for no reason some times. 

Child birth class tonight, chiropractor tomorrow. Don't see midwife until next week. 

DH has taken on a lot more chores around the house, which is awesome, but I often don't understand his priorities...He's trying. :smiley:

I'm excited to see DH being an awesome dad - he's great with babies. And I'm really excited to teach LO what a beautiful gift is to be alive! I think a big challenge for us will be to avoid accidentally landing in typical gender roles, when that's not what we want to teach our kids. (probably talked about that before)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @fatstagnation I often question MH's priorities when it comes to cleaning the house. Any time I ask him for help with it before guests come over, he'll start dusting ceiling fans or light bulbs or something very small and obscure. Meanwhile, I'm like... maybe vacuuming should come first? I try not to say anything though because he's helping, and critiquing him will make him less likely to want to help. So I pick my battles :lol:
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 hahaha
    in this case, it's the stuff that came out of the nursery closet. It was fine being ignored for the three years we've lived in this house. Now all the sudden it needs to be organized and the entire guest room is covered in the stuff that's been pulled out of the boxes...While I'm like how bout car seat installation, setting up pack n play downstairs, folding and putting away baby clothes, baby proofing living room... 
    But you're right, I'm not gonna criticize. He did clean the bathroom this weekend! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @amylonghorn hahahaha I love it! Unfortunately, that doesn't sound completely out of the question for something mine would do too. :neutral: They're trying... I guess haha
  • Options
    @fatstagnation oh goodness, the process of re-organizing everything is horrific. :confounded: At least he cleaned the bathroom! That's a start.

That also reminds me of one time when I asked MH to clean the bathroom. He came out and said, "Ok it's done. Want to take a look?" Thinking a look was not necessary I asked, "Well did you clean the toilet?" "No." "Did you clean the sink?" "No." "What did you clean?" "The mirror and shower." That's only half the bathroom!! haha I promise MH is not as clueless as these stories make him sound. He helps a lot in different areas, but cleaning is definitely not his strong suit!
  • Options
    amylonghorn omg that lightbulb story. I can see mine doing exactly that. hahahaha I can't remember - is yours the engineer? I know there were at least two of us....

maelily15  I've seen those hissy fits in stores and then I look at the mom's face and just smile at her. I know it'll be my turn soon enough and I guess I want the mom's to know at least there's someone sympathetic instead of judgy...
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @fatstagnation it was me with the engineer husband too!
  • Options
    maelily15  I drink A LOT of sparkling water. plain and flavored. somehow the bubbles make it better. :) 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

32+4. Baby A measured 2lb13oz on last Thursday and B measured 2lb12oz.

2) How are you feeling?
    Big, and my back is hurting from the shift in my center of gravity. I'm also tired all the time, but that's apparently to be expected.

I had my OB appointment yesterday. My OB has officially decided that I'm only going to see him any more instead of seeing the midwives who work at the practice because the twins are considered growth restricted now and I have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. The girls are measuring about 2 weeks behind but their blood flow looks great and they look healthy other than just being small.

I love my husband, I just wish sometimes he would understand the same urgency I have regarding getting the house cleaned up and the nursery ready for the girls to arrive.

I think what I'm going to love the most is getting to see the girls experience the world for the first time. What I think will be the most challenging will probably be trying to keep up with 2 littles as a FTM.

Met 2004, Married 2011, Trying since 2013. Info in spoiler:

BabyFruit Ticker

Me: 30
    Diagnosed with PCOS, later changed to unexplained anovulation due to high prolactin and normal testosterone levels
    Him: 31
    High sperm count (yay!) but also super high fluid volume (boo!)
    First IUI, Clomid and Follistim: 11/29-BFN
    Second IUI, Femara and Follistim: 12/29-BFN
    Third IUI, Femara and Gonal-F (and Follistim): 1/28 BFN
    Fourth IUI, Femara and Gonal-F: 7/23 BFN
    IVF 1: Femara and Gonal-F: 1/23/2017
    Beta Study:
    Beta #1: 1/28/2017 4.1
    Beta #2: 1/30/2017 34
    Beta #3: 2/1/2017 131
    Beta #4: 2/3/2017 476
    Ultrasound: 2/14/17-Twin Etopic Pregnancy, surgery to remove right fallopian tube on 2/17/2017
    FET 2: Femara, Gonal-F, and Clomid: Cycle Canceled due to low progesterone
    FET 3: July 7, Femara, Gonal-F, Clomid-BFP!!!!!! Due March 2018
    https://desertratpack.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    @fatstagnation @stlbuckeye132 yeah my husband is far from an engineer!! LOL