July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 1/26-1/28

2»

Re: Weekend Randoms 1/26-1/28

• Options
    @acunamatada , that's so scary! I know it will suck if the car is totaled but I'm just so glad everyone is ok.
  • Options
    @nimmle, too funny! I just posted in symptoms about the dreams. I slept a lot last night so I had many. Just recounting them to my DH made me feel slightly crazy.
    @powellgirl and @emsnedds sending selling vibes to your home! I sold my condo last spring and while I sold it to my tenant it was still so stressful to go through the process, I personally hate owing real estate (which is so odd because both my FIL and mom are in real estate!)
    @ashbub714 hi girl! Jump in whenever you'd like. Good to have you here:) 

I've been catching up on This is us aka sobbing during every episode, lol. Is Call the Midwife on Hulu or streaming somewhere? No cable here.

In other news I've cleaned my drawers and took out everything that doesn't fit me...mostly workout pants, jeans and bras. It will reduce the time I spend going through my stuff to find something that fits...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @acunamatada I’m so glad you’re okay! And I hope your car will be okay too! 
  • Options
    @acunamatada glad your safe
  • Options
    @kissableviv pretty sure it’s on Netflix! 
  • Options
    @acunamatada glad you are ok! how scary!

@emsnedds @powellgirl I hope both your houses sell soon! 

I finally shook my fever and was good for the brewery crawl yesterday which was fun-but I am "hungover" from the activity and I think just not eating enough in general yesterday! I have had a headache since yesterday afternoon and I am about 70% sure I had some BH yesterday evening when I got home; I felt exactly the same body wise but hard to pin down the uterine tightening since mine isn't that big yet (I'm only 14 weeks!). Dr. Google says its possible, but I feel like its weird still. Headache is still here and still bad, although it mostly goes away if I'm not moving around and after eating. I dunno what's going on with me! Trying to get some cleaning done but the headache is making it hard.
  • Options
    @SmashJam with DS i got BH at 18 wks thought it was early too! I’m getting them now at 16 wks. 
  • Options
    @SmashJam I had the stomach flu this weekend and have had some Braxton Hicks feeling things since then. It definitely feels weird when the Ute is so small. I’ve been trying to drink lots to try to keep them away. 
  • Options
    @runsomewhere yikes. That’s definitely a downer after an amazing evening. 
  • Options
    @acunamatada Oh my!!! I'm glad everyone is okay!!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @hillbillywife My sister was watching it when I first found out I was pregnant and she cried so much during the show, I was think he'll no I'm not watching something that makes you cry that much. Needless to say, the tears are good tears, for the most part. I love this show! @DynamiteTrujillo I was afraid of the tw in it as well however, its actually been very eye opening to see how advanced we've become and how much women went through in the 50's. 

@kissableviv I'm watching it on Netflix. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @acunamatada that’s so scary! Glad you are ok. You car insurance should cover a new car seat if it was in the car. Make sure to ask!
  • Options
    Oh man I am glad I'm not crazy about the BH! Also @runsomewhere I have had a few of those "almost shit my pants" moments after food lol. Not cool! 

• Options
    Thanks ladies. What a hell of a morning. Most people I’ve talked to say it’s most likely totaled, just what I wanted to hear! Hoping I get better news tomorrow, the last thing I want to do right now is buy a car- I wasn’t even done paying off this one! 
  • Options
    @acunamatada if you have gap insurance hopefully that will make it less painful to get a new one. 
  • Options
    @wildtot no gap insurance but luckily it looks like I do owe less than the value, if there’s any silver lining lol. 
  • Options
    @acunamatada well that good. Hope it works out!
  • Options
    @acunamatada So so glad you are okay
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @wildtot I read this too when looking ahead, and thought the same thing. Holy moly, no wonder the kid moves so much in ultrasounds he/she is probably trying to tunnel away from the loud and crazy!
  • Options
    anyone else struggling with awful pelvic pain? 

• Options
    @acunamatada I am so glad you are ok! What a scary situation. 
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 Not pelvic pain but horrific hip pain, specifically the sacroliliatic joint. Is it like a muscle pain, cramps, or joint pain?
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 I’ve been getting some cramps but maybe just BH hard to tell 
  • Options
    @acunamatada Oh no! I'm so glad everyone is safe!
  • Options
    @acunamatada, wow! Very happy to hear you guys are ok!! I hope everything works out with your insurance and getting a new car. 

I’ve been a lurker mostly lately too. I’m so tired and rundown and just don’t have the energy for any of my passions. I’m normally a neat freak, my house is a mess. I’ve had to completely shut down my business temporarily because I have no energy to get out into my shop. My parenting involves keeping them alive and fed and that’s about it. I’ve never had a pregnancy get me down this much. Sure I’ve been tired, but I’ve never lost my want for everything. I’m struggling ladies and feel super worthless. Just waiting this “second trimester energy” to show up and pull me out of my funk. 
  • Options
    anyone else struggling with awful pelvic pain? 
    Mine is specific hip RA pain, but it is awful.   Can barely move.  I can definitely relate.   

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• Options
    @4deep I feel you.  This is the first time pregnancy has left me worthless AF.   My RA didn't get better, so I'm just sitting in the couch and wanting to sleep.   It's and emotional Mindsfuck.  Trying to be grateful but I'm down right now.

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• Options
    @TheQuietThings @4deep this is my first pregnancy with a toddler and with the sickness lately and hormones making my anxiety crazy, I hear you all on the feeling worthless and how the parenting consists of keeping DS alive and fed...I haven't wanted to move off the couch, let alone clean or plan activities.

I am headed to the doc today hopefully, calling the OB first to see if I can come there instead of going to Urgent Care. I had a fever and a headache for a few days and then both went away Saturday. Sunday the headache came back and was there all day, and by night time I had chills so bad I took my temp again-almost 102! I took tylenol and cranked the heated blanket and by 11 I woke up so hot and sweaty, but fever was still 101.3. Told the hubs to take off because I think I have the flu. Woke up this morning-fever is down to 99.5, which is like, not even significant really, still have the headache though, no chills. I think its weird that the headache severity and fever seem tied to activity...yesterday the fever and chills appeared and the headache got VERY bad after an evening of solo parenting when DH had to head into work. I dunno what is wrong with me but I feel like its worth a doctor's look! 
  • Options
    @SmashJam I hope you feel better today! Sounds like you've had a crappy weekend!
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • Options
    @SmashJam yeah you should definitely go in! So many crazy things going on! Hope you get some relief. 

@4deep hang in there mama! Keeping your kids alive and fed is still being an amazing mama! They’ll forgive you if you’re game isn’t 100% all the time. Growing a human is hard, and if the best you can do is all you’re accomplishing then you’re doing alright! 
  • Options
    Just catching up from this weekend.  @acunamatada SO glad you are okay!  That could have been so much worse!!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    My husband and I had an overnight date night this weekend to see a concert in Bloomington, IL.  It's this little college town about 3 hours from St. Louis, but super cute.  We ate dinner at this place that used to be Abraham Lincoln's law offices.  It was neat, and the food was really yummy.  I had a greek salad with sauteed shrimp, and it was honestly probably the best salad I've ever had! Then we went to the show that was at this the Castle theatre and it was awesome.  It was Neko Case, who we have seen twice before, but it was the last night of their tour so she was in rare form (in the best way lol). Plus the venue was much smaller than anywhere we have seen her before so that was awesome.  And it was nice to have time to just talk with my husband in the car, with no little one in tow.  It was a pretty great weekend, and probably as close to a "babymoon" as we are going to get this time around  :D
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    stlmegs said:
    My husband and I had an overnight date night this weekend to see a concert in Bloomington, IL.  It's this little college town about 3 hours from St. Louis, but super cute.  We ate dinner at this place that used to be Abraham Lincoln's law offices.  It was neat, and the food was really yummy.  I had a greek salad with sauteed shrimp, and it was honestly probably the best salad I've ever had! Then we went to the show that was at this the Castle theatre and it was awesome.  It was Neko Case, who we have seen twice before, but it was the last night of their tour so she was in rare form (in the best way lol). Plus the venue was much smaller than anywhere we have seen her before so that was awesome.  And it was nice to have time to just talk with my husband in the car, with no little one in tow.  It was a pretty great weekend, and probably as close to a "babymoon" as we are going to get this time around  :D
    My in laws are from there. I live 40 min away!
  • Options
    this is different than hip pain it feels as if I got hit in the crotch with a shovel 

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 could it be SPD? I have had it for a few weeks-hurts to walk, hurts to roll over or get out of bed/into a car. Putting on pants one leg at a time is an exercise in torture. I’m glad it doesn’t hurt the babies but man is it uncomfortable! 
  • Options
    @devilcat139 im 90% sure it's that