August 2018 Moms

FFFC 1/26

melpropmelprop member
edited January 2018 in August 2018 Moms
Figured I’d start one since I’m not going back to sleep.

Re: FFFC 1/26

• Loading the player...
  • @rocknrollmom oh same here but with the snoring. I just can't handle the snoring and flying elbows/knees right now. Or the fact that he falls back asleep in like 0.23 seconds. 

Mine is kind of boring, but my tree is still up :tongue:
  • I'm worthless today. No motivation to do any of the 2394 things on my list. It's been like this all week. Also, I ate terribly yesterday.  :#
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • I had chik fil a for breakfast and I may have already bought it for lunch. It’s a salad though so that doesn’t count right? Lol
  • rocknrrollmom and mrslittlemac I feel you! My DH wakes me up in the middle of the night and I am up for hours tossing and turning. Then he gets up at 4:00 am just as I drift back off and I swear he is tap dancing and banging doors in every room of the house. 

lakesideknitter I think I posted it somewhere yesterday SAME! I cannot get my butt in gear this week at all. 

I just ate a bag of chips for breakfast. 
  • I gained like 3 pounds this week thanks to Tamiflu making me feel like shit and making me have to eat A LOT to not puke. But, I also worked out 3 times. So. 
  • For some reason since it's my last baby I feel no guilt about splurging a bit more (which is kind of the worst time to splurge because I can't reuse anything after this one!). I shelled out money for the Panorama genetic test, I am getting a birth photographer, I just ordered a fancy new diaper bag (can be worn 3 ways though so more of a backpack for me), I have already been buying girl clothes. I think DH is giving me the major side eye, especially because our finances are currently tight (but they will get better as we are both owed money so trying not to stress). I am also planning on buying a new bassinet and a Spectra pump, we need a new bucket seat etc. With DS2 I bought minimal things and just reused everything, but this time mama's going all out!

• My confession is the thread on diaper bags is making me want to shop! I just saw a new bag I want (and totally don’t need). I’ve been stuck home for too long 
  • I've never eaten at Chik-fil-A and I assume anyone who does is anti-gay. I know this isn't true, but it makes side eye anyone who mentions it really hard. Same with Hobby Lobby. 
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've never eaten at Chik-fil-A and I assume anyone who does is anti-gay. I know this isn't true, but it makes side eye anyone who mentions it really hard. Same with Hobby Lobby. 
    The most flamboyant gay guy I know loves Chick-Fil- A and Hobby Lobby. LOL!!! 
  • One of my gay friends eats Chik-fil-A all the time too. Like I said, I know my perception isn't reality :)
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Another one: I yelled at my kids this morning and feel so guilty. Every few weeks I lose my sh*t and yell at them, then feel super guilty and like the worst mom in the world and the only parent who does that, especially since DH is pretty good at keeping his cool. I wish I was better in the moment at different strategies to avoid yelling when I am overwhelmed.

• Also on the not able to stand DH bandwagon. He hasn’t done the two things I’ve been asking him to do this week. I currently can’t walk into the kitchen or upstairs bathroom without gagging from the smell of the trash & litter box. 
  • @princesslockness I realy want to know what food you got. I feel like take out tonight too, Chinese is sooo good! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I can’t stand people who post multiple photos of their children daily on fb and will promptly unfollow or unfriend them. 
  • I’m about to make instapot chocolate lava cake for breakfast and I’m definitely eating my weight in buffalo chicken dip at book club tonight. So my confession is that I’m not eating as healthy as I know I should be. 

August '18 March Siggy Challenge - You had ONE JOB

Pregnancy Ticker

• I was eating a chocolate chip muffin for second breakfast and dropped a chocolate chip in my lap. Apparently I didn't notice right away because I have chocolate smears on the inside of my pants leg. Good thing my pants are maroon and nobody can really see that spot.

@derbysquirrel I have a hard time with the corporate level of Chickfila and their beliefs, but at the local level Chicfila does a lot of good in their neighborhoods and they employ a lot of people with disabilities and different backgrounds.
  • @princesslockness Thank you for helping me decide what to go get for lunch.  Chinese sounds fantastic!!!

• This thread is making me want Chick-fil-A for lunch.  And under normal circumstances I would pick Zaxby's over Chick-fil-A every time, but I usually get salad there and now I'm craving waffle fries.

I'm working from home today and the Chick-fil-A and Zaxby's are right next to each other.  Question is: am I too lazy to leave the house to go pick one of them up?  Haha.  Probably.
  • @alinafed You should be able to get a new pump for free with your health insurance. 

My FFFC is I stayed up late, and ordered Chinese delivery last night. H slept through the whole thing and I destroyed the evidence. 

I'm Canadian we don't get pumps through health insurance. I think because we are off 12-18 months there is not the same medical need as when you go back to work as 6 or 12 weeks PP.

• Add me to the constant irritation at DH. Poor guy can’t do anything right these days. 

I just went grocery shopping and bought a ton of junk food that sounded good an hour ago. Now it’s gross. 

My FFFC: if I had a daycare available, I’d be dropping ds off there and sleeping all day. Sometimes I’m super jealous of all you working moms. 
  • I'm annoyed with MH as well. He's home right now and won't go get me Subway. He literally has nothing on his agenda, but won't go get me what I want, despite me always going out of the way to get him food. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• ^^ I saw "My eggo is preggo" on FB and almost threw up on my laptop.
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
    Then you’d hate my FFFC today about eating it. Totally not my truth and it’s the only fast food I’ll even eat. 
  • It’s also like my mom won’t eat Jimmy Johns because the CEO goes wild game hunting. It’s still a good sandwich lol
  • OH and another one. I'm full of it today. I HATE when pregnant women or others refer to pregnant women as "prego." BARF. It's a pregnant woman, not a jar of spaghetti sauce. 
      :D How about “preggers” ? #puke 

also I’m so glad you’re here and I’m really sorry you had a rough time in the beginning. hugs!! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ecwk said:
    OH and another one. I'm full of it today. I HATE when pregnant women or others refer to pregnant women as "prego." BARF. It's a pregnant woman, not a jar of spaghetti sauce. 
      :D How about “preggers” ? #puke 

also I’m so glad you’re here and I’m really sorry you had a rough time in the beginning. hugs!! 
    OH GOD preggers might be worse. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I’m glad you’re here @calimom2524

If someone says the phrase “it is what it is” or “at the end of the day”, I have to stop myself from punching them. Ugh. Worst phrases ever and a waste of breath to say them. 
  • @calimom2524 no shade, I had similar thoughts when I found out I was pregnant.  I'm happily married, we can absolutely afford another baby, we have plenty of room in the house, and I was planning to have a third in a year or two anyway.  But I feel such overwhelming guilt because my youngest is only 7 months old, and she won't get so many things that her sister got to have.  I'm going to have to start supplementing her with formula because my supply tanked, when her sister got breastmilk until she self weaned at 18 months.  DD1 got to be the baby for almost 2 full years, and DD2 is going to be replaced by a new baby at only 14 months old.  I'm going to have to move DD2 out of the nursery and upstairs to another bedroom so young, it all breaks my heart.  I'm happy that I'm pregnant ultimately, but I kind of wish it had happened a year later than it actually did.

I know these are first world problems and I'm being whiny about it, and everything will be fine.  But you're not alone.