STM+ Check-In (1/24) — The Bump
May 2018 Moms

STM+ Check-In (1/24)

How far along are you? Girl/boy/other? 

How old are your other kids? 

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)? 

GTKY:  Favorite alcoholic drink (or regular drink if you abstain)?
BabyFruit Ticker
onesmallcoconutivyvines6dem068a

Re: STM+ Check-In (1/24)

• @onesmallcoconut Ha! Be jealous of me when it's done! Right now, it is the absolute worst. If I wasn't a SAHM, it wouldn't be bad.

@suchaglencoco I got into the spiked seltzer last summer too! I still have a bunch just waiting for me to drink them...

BabyFruit Ticker
    ivyvines6onesmallcoconutsandbar517dem068a
  • How far along are you? Girl/boy/other? 
    25w5d Boy

Almost two

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)? 
    I had to send him to my mom’s house today because I had such bad Braxton Hicks contractions I could barely move. After laying down and drinking a ton of water they went away, but I can’t do that if J is with me. He wants to be entertained... He’s also so heavy out of nowhere!

Either honeydew or taro milk boba tea. 
    glitzandglittersandbar517dem068acrunchyice
  • Ugh laundry it wouldn’t be so bad if it wasn’t never ending. 

@ivyvines6 good to hear! I’m going to lose my mind if we don’t get consistent naps back! I’m also worried about when the 2 year molars come in because we are trying to be finished with nursing and that’s all DS wanted to do with the rest of his teeth. 

This is spiked seltzer sounds like an awesome warm weather drink! I’ll have to check it out. 
    ivyvines6dem068amaplemom18roomsu
  • @sandbar517 good luck with the counters and the glucose test.  I want new counters sooooooooooo bad!  And thank you for the thoughts about DS.  He had a really good day last Friday, an average day Monday and Tuesday and then yesterday was AWFUL.  DH and I decided if we get a bad report at school, he loses his Kindle privileges for that day.  

BFP 6/30/13 EDD 4/6/14 MC 8/4/13
    BFP 9/12/13 EDD 5/18/14 DS born 5/16/14
    BFP 8/16/17 EDD 5/1/17
    bwow615ivyvines6sandbar517clee5711
  • How far along are you? Girl/boy/other? 
    24 weeks, 2 days, girl!

Almost 2 ds
    DS is hitting the terrible 2s, and I give in to whatever he wants most of the time, because I am just too tired to redirect/ stay calm/ etc (which means he had 4 cookies last night after he turned on the waterworks).
    He also has had his eye teeth coming in for like the last 2 months. I can’t even imagine what he will be like with the 2 year molars 

I cannot wait to have a nice summer beer (hints of grapefruit or lemon are my favorite).  Glad we are having spring babies so they might be in stock (my last baby was feb, so summer beers weren’t out yet!)

ivyvines6bwow615glitzandglittercrunchyice
  • @mileswithmyles a kindle?  Does he read already?!?  I'm excited because my girls are finally starting to recognize a few letters! LOL  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

clee5711ivyvines6bwow615
  • @sandbar517 lol, nope!  My mom bought him the kids Kindle for Christmas.  I read him books on it sometimes and he can look at books on it, but mostly he uses it to play games or watch videos.  

BFP 6/30/13 EDD 4/6/14 MC 8/4/13
    BFP 9/12/13 EDD 5/18/14 DS born 5/16/14
    BFP 8/16/17 EDD 5/1/17
    sandbar517clee5711ivyvines6bwow615
  • @fraufarbissina today for nap time I followed our bedtime routine Minus brushing our teeth and DS fell asleep in 10-15 minutes of me sitting down to nurse/rock he then took a 3 hour nap in his crib.
    ivyvines6bwow615
  • @clee5711 @fraufarbissina I also follow a similar to bed routine for naps...pjs, sleep sack, read some books..my almost 2 year old naps for 3+ hours this way (it seems to be less when I don’t do all of those things!)

clee5711ivyvines6bwow615sandbar517
  • @ivyvines6 Wow, that's such a late nap! I can see how that's annoying. But at least it's 3 hours!!

@sandbar517 Good luck with the countertops! That sounds like it'll be quick, so hopefully not too bad. We're done with day 4 over here...still hoping that one of these days it'll be quiet enough to take a nap. But at least I'm putting her to bed early, so the extra time at night is kind of nice!

BabyFruit Ticker
    dem068aivyvines6bwow615sandbar517
  • @mlindzz, I'm also worried about nursing with DS around. He's a little older, but hyper and spontaneous. I plan on baby wearing a lot and trying to convince him to help push the stroller or hold baby brother's hand when we're out.
    ivyvines6dem068amlindzzclee5711
  • @desguti023, hope you all feel better.
    ivyvines6
  • @mlindzz I worry about DD running off too once there's a baby! She's so bad about that now. I'm hoping that a few more months are what she needs? I don't know. A friend of mine has a special hook on her stroller that her almost 3-year-old will hold onto when they walk around with the baby, but he's a super well-behaved kid, so I don't know that this would work for everyone.

BabyFruit Ticker
    crunchyiceivyvines6mlindzzglitzandglitter