Trouble TTC

pcos and trying to get pregnant!

Hi ladies. I'm new here, just looking for a little insight or experience from you all. I've been ttc for about 3 years, and just recently found out I have borderline pcos. My day 21 progesterone test gave me a result of 27 n/mol. (I'm in canada). He said he likes the number to be over 30. I have a regular period every 25-27 days without fail. I thought I was ovulating every month but my Dr said "I may or may not" be ovulating. I'm so confused! Has anyone else had numbers like these? And what was your experience? He wants to do a letrozole+trigger+iui+progesterone cycle. I'm feeling hopeless! From what I understand 27 nmol isn't soooo bad but yet I'm not getting preg. Any thoughts would be great! Help me out ladies!!!!

Re: pcos and trying to get pregnant!

• I'm sorryh I don't have any insight on that, but wanted to welcome you to the board. I hope your stay is short and sweet
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• I'm just starting my Letrozole, I've been two years TTC, & the progesterone says I do ovulate.
    I'm stressed too, but tried of waiting. Do what you feel is right. There is so little you can control in this, so stay strong.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am also borderline PCOS, my doctor is having me do a glucose test this week, he’s pretty confident my issue is insulin resistance which is what causes the hormones issues.  He has me starting a low carb/high fat diet this week...I’ll check back in with you once all of my tests come back, I have several this week!  
    Married for 5 years, TTC for 3 years
    PCOS, Low AMH, Endo, Uterine Fibroids, Low Estrogen...
    and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. 
    3 Losses, 8/16 11/16 and 6/2017  o:)
  • I have never heard of a borderline PCOS school so that is super interesting to me. I have PCOS and I do not ovulate. 
    Have you tracked your ovulation with home tests before? Did they work for you? 
  • @meganttc3 well I had conflicting reports on PCOS diagnosis, which is why I’ve used “borderline” in the past...all of my testing is coming back with PCOS now, though.  I think it’s just that some women don’t have all of the PCOS factors (cycstic ovaries, high testosterone, low estrogen, excessive hair, weight gain, etc.)
  • @BWhitta oh ok. I don't have all of the symptoms of pcos and have been diagnosed with it for about 5 years. 
     Although I have had an ob tell me that PCOS is the diagnosis they give people when they don't know what else to diagnose you with so I don't know what else to believe.
  • @meganttc3 yes, I’ve heard that from doctors too.  *TW For me, I ovulated and conceived pretty easily with the help from drugs and then just on my own, but keep miscarrying, which can also be an issue from PCOS bc our hormones are so messed up.  So I think it is a pretty large spectrum for how it effects us all differently!

• @BWhitta PCOS is just evil. I think doctors would understand it more if it did just one thing to everybody. I'm sorry for your losses.