Trouble TTC
Options

TTTC Checkin - 01/23/2018

2»

Re: TTTC Checkin - 01/23/2018

• Options
    @hoffmanr7 That is a very tough decision to make, but I am so proud of you for making it. I can’t imagine how hard it must have been to sit down and decide that you’d reached the end. It’s wonderful that you have decided to pursue adoption, but I know must not make it any easier. I’m so sorry that IVF did not work out. Please let us know what your RE says, and definitely continue to hang out here.  <3<3<3
  • Options
    @kim41313 - CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hoffmanr7 I'm so sorry about your BFN and I know the choice to move to adoption was definitely not an easy one. I'm glad you feel at peace about it. We also took a break from treatment (for two years) to save for IVF and pursued foster care with the intention of adopting in the meantime. It took me a really long time to be ok with the idea of raising a baby that wasn't "mine", but now that we're in the middle of it that baby is totally mine even though I didn't give birth to him. Adoption is a beautiful thing and I wish the very best of luck <3 Lots of hugs and prayers for you and your DH. 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @soontobemommahowe so good to see a positive update from you! 

@soehlerk hugs to you. The misunderstanding of what IF, IF treatment, fostering and adoption is really like is unbelievable still. But also I try to remember that five years ago I had no idea myself until we were thrown into this world unexpectedly.
    Also well done standing your ground on the coworker baby shower. I mean seriously, we don’t need that ish.

@serownarain sorry you’re having a tough week. However you might want to put those topics in a spoiler box with a trigger warning (**TW**) so if people are not feeling up to reading it they know to avoid it.

@hoffmanr7 <3

@kim41313 @halfanewt hope follow up betas were well on track! Happy to see some more graduate!

@funkykey I’m like you and reluctant to say much IRL, but then when you realize others have been going through it I also wonder if I missed some opportunities to find some companionship on this often lonely journey

AFM we had a second opinion phone consult yesterday evening - it lasted 2 hours... I was very impressed with how thorough they were, also a seemingly good balance of aggressive but not crazy. He particularly was interested in addressing my immune issues fully both for retrieval and transfer cycles and said he would not allow us to do a fresh transfer due to my immune issues. Also that my progesterone is so damn low I need to supplement it all the time, whereas so far I only had “normal” vaginal gel for fresh transfers. Ahhhh. Doing the extra things gives me hope. But also makes me pissed that we “wasted” two embryos potentially by doing fresh transfers without addressing my issues fully. And relieved that I was not crazy to argue with the first RE to try to get him to do those things.
    We are going to sleep on it, go out for dinner, talk about it some more and then decide over the weekend. Traveling overseas for treatment is not something we want to do without being fully committed!
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Options
    Hi all! I’m new to this. We have been TTC for over 2 years now. Have done 4 IUIs with letrozole and all BFN. Moved onto IVF thinking it would increase our chances but found out a few days ago that the first FET failed. We have unexplained IF, no issues they can find with me or my husband. It’s so very frustrating! We plan on taking a break this cycle and going for another FET in March. On the bright side, I will be happy to be off meds for a little while! 
  • Options
    @emmasemm just wanted to drop in and say yes! to addressing immune issues. I posted a link a few weeks ago and then keep lurking to check up on you ladies and there are several of you with failed IVFs that makes me think immune protocol should at least be explored but didn’t want to post it again and be annoying- so I’m so glad your RE is suggesting this. Fx for you and sending all of you lots of love and hugs! If you want to research there are 2 doctors that you can google- Dr. Braverman and Dr. KK I think they call her- it’s like going down a rabbit hole but hoping this is the missing link ❤️
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion